IGNORED

Stange Atari clones on eBay

Synthead

i can imagine that these were completely cloned ... the brasilian and argentinian industry had developped a lot by themselves. Imports were forbidden back then and copyrights not respected, with the exception of polyvox producing licenced consoles and games with brasilian packaging and manuals (probably a reaction to the self-developping market over there). you just needed a licence from the state for what u wanted to produce, and then you were able to produce whatever you wanted, whether it would be a clone or an original product. brasil is the only country besides taiwan that developped completely different console-designs such as the one shown here or the dactar 007 maletta ...

edit: my dynacom console is still catching dust in brasil until i'll get together a few more boxed clones and will ship them back home to me. once i'll have it here, i'll open it up and will make pics for you ;)

Edited by jahfish
  • Like 1

Curt, I have one of those Edu Juegos consoles spare. I'll trade it to you for a pittance if you want to dissect one and post about it (pictures please!) Or if anyone wants to buy it for $25 (just the console only), I'm game!

I guess if you can deal with international auction sites, these mustn't be that hard to get. So perhaps you could do better. The white Dynacom is the harder of the variations to get (there is also a black one).

I've wanted a Dynacom since I saw it existed-- the outer case looks to be styled a bit after the 400 computer, but with the heart of a 2600. The one I saw was brown, not orange. The orange one is the "cautious" Dynacom :P

Great pics! One day I will get one.

/edit After looking at the Atari and Sega hardware available in S. America they really have it going on! The Sega genesis/MD platform has been developed for years and I love it. I also bet that you can buy a brand new Atari clone still, too (but I have never been over that way, so I can't say for sure).

I want them, both Atari and Sega (Tec Toy)!!!

Edited by nathanallan

Mine is just like that one. You are lucky, the switches have a tendency to break (mine did) and the joysticks ports came lose, so my dad soldered the joysticks straight to the console. Good memories playing that dang thing late at night.