IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 10: Mr. Do!

Mr. Do! Atarimania has ATX version so try atarionline.pl's (v1).xex

Game Closes on Sunday 30th May 10amish GMT :)

Atarimania rating 7.9

Let's get cherry pickin' 8)

A Bonus Point on offer for fastest total time for first three scenes. You'll need to be prepared with camera on real hardware as no pause on intermission screens! Please do the math for me when you post ;)

This is one of my all-time favorite Arcade games. It seems so long ago since I've seen a dedicated Mr. Do! coin-op, but this translation is spot-on :!:

post-21471-127408081731_thumb.jpg

On to find that ever elusive Diamond...

Okay, I can't run ATX files which Atarimania contains. There's also some ROM file that just shows a static picture. So which version from Fandal's website? Is there a version that starts from level 68?

Try the one (on post one) from atarionline.pl that starts way back on level 1 ;)

I love this game too :thumbsup: Had three goes all about the same:

post-19705-127412871436_thumb.jpg

Let the battle for 2nd place begin :D

[edit] Two more goes: I must stop obsessing getting the EXTRA letters so much that I keep having groundhog day games of Mr.Do! where I get to scene 11 :?

post-19705-127413247846_thumb.jpg

Checkout bonus point on offer in first post

Okay, I can't run ATX files which Atarimania contains. There's also some ROM file that just shows a static picture. So which version from Fandal's website? Is there a version that starts from level 68?

Try the one (on post one) from atarionline.pl that starts way back on level 1 ;)

I love this game too :thumbsup: Had three goes all about the same:

post-19705-127412871436_thumb.jpg

Let the battle for 2nd place begin :D

[edit] Two more goes: I must stop obsessing getting the EXTRA letters so much that I keep having groundhog day games of Mr.Do! where I get to scene 11 :?

post-19705-127413247846_thumb.jpg

Checkout bonus point on offer in first post

That's what I was asking as to which version since that link gives up to 7 versions. Can't tell if there are any differences from the list (was guessing maybe one starts at level 68).

That's what I was asking as to which version since that link gives up to 7 versions. Can't tell if there are any differences from the list (was guessing maybe one starts at level 68).

READ the 1st post before clicking the link ;) V1.xex works nicely ;)

-----------------

Hey _Fandal_ I was reading your blog about HERO but the google translate was a bit fuzzy... did you say you'd discovered that you can shoot through a barrier if you run out of bombs :?:

READ the 1st post before clicking the link icon_wink.gifV1.xex works nicely icon_wink.gif

-----------------

Hey _Fandal_ I was reading your blog about HERO but the google translate was a bit fuzzy... did you say you'd discovered that you can shoot through a barrier if you run out of bombs icon_question.gif

Yes, you can destroy barrier by shooting!

F.

How do you end up losing points? I had 39000 then dropped to 37000 and then went back up.

stop eating the mushrooms :D Looks like another gaming controversy ;)

I noticed that if you complete a round with a low score (when getting an extra Mr Do!) it shows as with a leading zero "0950" etc on the intermission screen... so at least 1 minor cosmetic bug got through. I did manage to collect the last cherry and drop an apple on the last baddie after, you do get the points for it (will check how many) so that's pretty :cool: If anyone sees the big diamond post a picture, I think I saw it once many moons ago... Don't forget there's a bonus point on offer, see the first post folks :)

READ the 1st post before clicking the link ;) V1.xex works nicely ;)

-----------------

Hey _Fandal_ I was reading your blog about HERO but the google translate was a bit fuzzy... did you say you'd discovered that you can shoot through a barrier if you run out of bombs :?:

Okay, I tried that version 7 first and it didn't load properly my Atari 800.

On HERO, if you shoot through the barrier (wall), it eats up a lot of that shooting ammunition and it's kind of harder to do when you get those "radioactive" walls with almost zero land to stand on.

Fastest time is very nice idea!!

51 seconds...

F.

Drat! at least the more time you play here the more chance I have against you in the abbuc contest :D bet you're realy worried ;) Just tried H.E.R.O. and boy I wish I'd known that tip when we played last year; I killed off loads of goes when I ran out of dynamite :twisted: Does Mr Do! not get any harder, I got to Lv.19 and didn't think there was much difference :?:

Fastest time is very nice idea!!

51 seconds...

F.

Drat! at least the more time you play here the more chance I have against you in the abbuc contest :D bet you're realy worried ;) Just tried H.E.R.O. and boy I wish I'd known that tip when we played last year; I killed off loads of goes when I ran out of dynamite :twisted: Does Mr Do! not get any harder, I got to Lv.19 and didn't think there was much difference :?:

I don't think there's any level in HERO where you didn't have enough dynamite. If you use the laser to break the walls, you eat up the power (time) so it's harder to finish some of the levels if not impossible. I never used it although it was there. It's only useful in earlier levels in case you mis-use the dynamite.