IGNORED

Atari DemoPacs

GeoHolub

I've just found eight (8) old Atari 8-bit Demopacs (from Atari) on programming. They cover the following topics:

1. Strings and Formatting - I've posted this one on Scribd at http://www.scribd.com/doc/31438242/Atari-8-Bit-Demopac-1-Strings-and-Formatting

2. Data File Processing

3. Programming Examples

4. Atari Color Graphics

5. Advanced Graphics

6. Advanced Systems Features

7. Some Special Features

8. Software and Hardware TImers

If anyone is interested in these let me know and I'll scan the rest and put them up on Scribd.

According to

http://books.google.com/books?id=jC4EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA48&lpg=PA48&dq=atari+demopac&source=bl&ots=jO41oWVcbT&sig=6mceHiGyOteQgcWCE9M2iCdMEQs&hl=en&ei=OxPwS_PTHZ_IM7aO9N8P&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=atari%20demopac&f=false

there appears to be other DemoPac, i.e. three on LOGO: #9 a resource guide, #10 a printer pac, and #11 useful programs illustrating list processing.

I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THESE IF ANYONE HAS THEM !

Thanks!

• Like 1

All eight Demopacs have been scanned and are available on Scribd. Enjoy!

All 8 demopacs have now been downloaded and are BEING enjoyed icon_mrgreen.gif

This is interesting I got the impression from the first one that these were written before De Re Atari. But on the 8th in the references it actually refers to De Re Atari as a source document. So it looks like these came after 1983?

I wonder why these were created and who for? I have certainly never heard of them before today...

Many thanks for your effort

• 1 year later...

These Demopacs were offered free to Atari owners just starting out who called Customer Relations. Mr. Levine's letter has been posted in my Ramen Noodle Facebook Album. FB has moved it's download utility to a drive gear ikon. Don't try to right click and save.

Diskpacs #2 thru #11, inclusive, came from an auction in St. Paul. Some of the programs were copied line for line in an Ellendale High School Computing Class about 1984. Atari likely provided the info without disks. I'll have to check my ATRs to corroborate. NIMOOWIN

NIMOOWIN

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a bump for DEMOPAC #12. 1 through 11 are now all on Atarimania.com. The last one has something to do with the Touch Tablet. If anybody has it, please scan it so we can have a complete set all in one place.

Allan

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have what I believe to be the complete Demopac #12. If anyone wants it, let me know your prefered format.

As an aside, is it just me, or do these Demopacs seem rare to come by? I guess there weren't many requests made to Atari for them.

Yes, If you could just scan them as a PDF at 300dpi that would be fantastic. Yea, they are pretty rare. They were given out to Atari user groups but it's just one of those things that tend to get tossed out or lost.

Allan

Unfortunately the pdf was too big to upload here, so here is a link to my Dropbox.

Is there anything else I should scan while I have my binder open? I have the letters from Atari that appear to have come with the Demopacs. I have Atari Macro Assembler Product Information Sheet II. I have Atari Writer Product Update. Data File Processing. Is the Demopac Table of Contents of interest to anyone?

• Like 1

Unfortunately the pdf was too big to upload here, so here is a link to my Dropbox.

Is there anything else I should scan while I have my binder open? I have the letters from Atari that appear to have come with the Demopacs. I have Atari Macro Assembler Product Information Sheet II. I have Atari Writer Product Update. Data File Processing. Is the Demopac Table of Contents of interest to anyone?

Yes to all and anything else you don't see up on Atarimania.com or anywhere else. If you are scanning on a flatbed, put a piece of black paper over the back of the paper you are scanning. It will reduce the bleed-through from the text on the other side of the sheet. And thank you for scanning this.

Allan

I scanned some more documents. I'm not really sure which are interesting, so I put them all up. Use what you want. I have some more documents to scan. Mostly single page tips like how to make an autorun.sys.

Atari Demopac TOC

Atari Letters

Atari Macro Assembler Product Information Sheet II

Atari Unknown - This appears to be some sort of software index. I'm not sure exactly what it is. May only be of significance to the previous owner of the binder.

Atari Writer Product Update

• Like 1

These are fantastic. Thanks a bunch for scanning these. Any more that you could scan would be great. These sorts of things rarely show up on ebay or anywhere else. I'll put them up on Atarimania.com for future download.

Allan