IGNORED

Tadataka

The Codex

First usable version of Tadataka is up for interested parties to play with. Still a number of features to come, but I'm proud of the toolset available from the get-go. I really like the Clone Brush myself, and the Coloriser. Helps to have a good starting image however. Anyway, hit the first post in this thread for a download and the latest screenshot (featured an imported version of a lovely space painting by the great space artist Chesley Bonestell).

First usable version of Tadataka is up for interested parties to play with. Still a number of features to come, but I'm proud of the toolset available from the get-go. I really like the Clone Brush myself, and the Coloriser. Helps to have a good starting image however. Anyway, hit the first post in this thread for a download and the latest screenshot (featured an imported version of a lovely space painting by the great space artist Chesley Bonestell).

Wonderful! Now where is the download link?

I'd be happy to share my code for writing the TIFILES headers on the fronts of the files, too, if you'd like people to be able to use the files on a TI rather than RAW. (Actually.. it's pretty simple, since the TI Artist files are always 6144 byte PROGRAM image, the header is always the same 128 bytes, I guess you could just copy off one of mine ;) ).

I will have to give this a try.. being able to edit the post-conversion images will be very useful!

I'd be happy to share my code for writing the TIFILES headers on the fronts of the files, too, if you'd like people to be able to use the files on a TI rather than RAW. (Actually.. it's pretty simple, since the TI Artist files are always 6144 byte PROGRAM image, the header is always the same 128 bytes, I guess you could just copy off one of mine ;) ).

I will have to give this a try.. being able to edit the post-conversion images will be very useful!

Good idea, thanks, I'll add TIFILES support as well. I've been wanting to do that in both programs but have been putting off going back into my ToDR code to see how I parsed it the first time. Much easier if I can use your stuff as a starting point! :thumbsup:

Looks like there's something wrong ...

Yes, I'm aware of the artifacting. I don't know if it's because I am having to reverse the pixel bit order, but it happens consistently with a certain color pairing. It may be that I need to pre-process the incoming color bytes as well.

Looks like there's something wrong ...

Yes, I'm aware of the artifacting. I don't know if it's because I am having to reverse the pixel bit order, but it happens consistently with a certain color pairing. It may be that I need to pre-process the incoming color bytes as well.

Oki doki. Not trying to be a pain or anything, just if you've missed it. ;)

I've been playing with it last night and it really does everything I need it to do. Thank you!!! One question though: Could you clarify for me the format of the assembly export file? I see 192 rows of 16 byte groups, when there should be 8x32 byte groups for each row...

Walid

Oki doki. Not trying to be a pain or anything, just if you've missed it. ;)

Heh, no problem, it's good to point these things out in case I haven't found them yet. :) I'm working on debugging that now, I suspect my bit-reordering might be a little off still.

I've been playing with it last night and it really does everything I need it to do. Thank you!!! One question though: Could you clarify for me the format of the assembly export file? I see 192 rows of 16 byte groups, when there should be 8x32 byte groups for each row...

Ah, sorry Walid, I posted the version with the old Magellan ASM code, instead of the new Tadataka format output. I'll get that posted soon, I want to finish up the TI Artist import and the image artifacting as well. The ASM output will list the bitmap size as byte-columns by rows, instead of pixel-columns by rows. Is that the best way? I'm guessing so, since the TI doesn't support sub-byte data rows as far as I know.

Once the ASM output version is released, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if the data renders properly. I suspect that I'll need to reverse the bit-order again when writing the data out, but I'll wait on that until I see how this goes.

Thanks all!

Okay, figured out the artifacting problem (obscurely enough, it was due to me using Buffered reader/writers in Java instead of FileStreams). Tadataka now reads TI Artist files (either RAW or with 128-byte headers like TIFILES and V9T9 formats), writes RAW files as well, plus has the corrected assembler output. And it allows you to select a portion of the image (byte-offset regions only) and save it as a new data file or an assembler fragment.

Should have the new version posted tonight, watch this space. :)

Copy region and clone brush are absolutely cool.

I'm not sure how to set the background color. It's like it only wants to toggle between white and transparent.

:)

Thanks! As for the background, right-click the color palette to set the background color. The button with a B on it should change to match that (unless you click that B button, which toggles background coloring on and off). You should see the background color getting set to your selection when you paint, or if you use the coloriser brush. Let me know if this doesn't work for you and I'll take a deeper look into the code to see what might be up. Also, if it doesn't work for you still, please attach your .tad file and I'll check that out as well. Cheers!