IGNORED

Imaginary Atari VCS values

Synthead

Here is a craigslist add(not mine) This guy has been reposting this add for awhile now, He never lists what he has or puts a price in the listing. So I contact him and ask for a list of what he has and how much he wants.

He has alot of Parkerbrother games brand new the best ones are Star Wars:The Arcade Game (he has a bunch) most of the games he had brand new are not that hard to come by like Empire stikes back,reactor ect. Well Im dancing around with this guy and he says make an offer but he really wants like $50 bucks a piece.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/clt/1747163701.html

Ohhh also in the NH,Maine, I forget which a guy keeps posting how he is looking for Air Raid and that he played it as a kid and just wants to play it again (LMAO YA RIGHT)

I saw one where the guy was looking for Air Raid, Stadium Events, Atlantis II, Kizuna Encounter, 1990 Nintendo World Championships, etc.

I replied to him: "Hey I read that article, too!"

(I should have added something like "Good thing, too, because I have all of these, and I was just about to give them away. You can have them all for $100,000." :D )

Anyway, the post disappeared shortly after. :ponder:

It seems to me, these sellers are taking advantage of the clueless, or the folks who have lots of money and don't care what it costs.Classic gaming is gaining more popularity through various means.The sellers who ensnare the neophytes, with words like ultra rare, impossible to find, blah, blah, blah, seduce these types of buyers to fork over insane amounts for common and not so rare items.Lets not kid ourselves, these types of buyers are more numerous than we think.And the sellers know that, they eventually hook the fish and reel them in.Just basically, there's a lot of folks out there that want the stuff and will pay anything for it, enough to satisfy these sellers who want to take advantage of the fact, so it seems.I see a lot of things listed at sky high prices, and the majority of it ends up being sold regardless.Lots of sellers are jumping on the band wagon, doesn't take much to influence these guys to do so.It PISSES me off, but, the buyer can pay want they want, it's their right to do so.

• Like 1

Something interesting I just thought of:

While these sellers are selling common stuff at ridiculously inflated prices, the prices of legitimately rare (or rare-ish) stuff, from legitimate/respectable sellers, have actually come down considerably over the last several years. Look at Chase The Chuck Wagon or Crazy Climber or Quadrun or the Compumate Keyboard, for instance.

Food for thought... :ponder:

I saw one where the guy was looking for Air Raid, Stadium Events, Atlantis II, Kizuna Encounter, 1990 Nintendo World Championships, etc.

I replied to him: "Hey I read that article, too!"

(I should have added something like "Good thing, too, because I have all of these, and I was just about to give them away. You can have them all for $100,000." :D )

Anyway, the post disappeared shortly after. :ponder:

That shows up on the Pittsburgh Craigs list too...

Oh here's a deal now ... 22 common carts for 400 dollars Buy It Now!! Ah man guys please don't buy it cause I'm about to!! I just wanted to show you these awesome old school Atari games that I'm about to score on!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3004282179741?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300428217974&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's not even worth the 50 dollar staring bid :P

$400.00 buy? :roll: Did I fall asleep and wake up on another planet?

Something interesting I just thought of:

While these sellers are selling common stuff at ridiculously inflated prices, the prices of legitimately rare (or rare-ish) stuff, from legitimate/respectable sellers, have actually come down considerably over the last several years. Look at Chase The Chuck Wagon or Crazy Climber or Quadrun or the Compumate Keyboard, for instance.

Food for thought... :ponder:

Hey, that's interesting. It's like the high-priced auctions are scaring away people who actually want to buy the games legitimately. So perhaps the buyers are getting rarer ... does that mean that I'm a rarity 3 now? :)