IGNORED

2600 Kiosk on Ebay

fred

Its a complete unit top to bottom has all the hardware, this unit didn't come with the 40+ extra electronic games, an option from what the original owner stated, it wasn't removed, came with dummy plugs(from the manufacture) in holes for the games, it is designed to be played with a 2600 system and TV set, the joy stick wiring and hardware is factory complete also. I didn't list all the parts, but everything is there and in great shape as stated, plexiglass doors, lock and keys, shelves complete and all the wood is excellent, hope this answers all those suspicions of what is there and isn't. Not many of these around I do know that. 2days left on ebay questions call me @ 920-713-6609 curt

Yah, doesn't look complete at all. Missing a bunch of the sections plus the kiosk pcb. I don't think it's worth that reserve, maybe $200 at the most.

Its complete from the factory as a complete unit, just didn't add all the pic's of everything. Like my other post, the other owner stated these could be bought with or without the game package, this one does not have the game package, designed to be played with 2600 system/tv on top with the joy sticks, all the original wiring is complete and so is the cabinet, price, its past your 200 at most number at this , with 2 days left and 43 watchers, try finding them, they are rare, the electronic's and light system is worth more than that.

Yah, doesn't look complete at all. Missing a bunch of the sections plus the kiosk pcb. I don't think it's worth that reserve, maybe $200 at the most.

Its complete from the factory as a complete unit, just didn't add all the pic's of everything. Like my other post, the other owner stated these could be bought with or without the game package, this one does not have the game package, designed to be played with 2600 system/tv on top with the joy sticks, all the original wiring is complete and so is the cabinet, price, its past your 200 at most number at this , with 2 days left and 43 watchers, try finding them, they are rare, the electronic's and light system is worth more than that.

Sorry, without the main board, I wouldn't go much higher than the current bid. If I were to be able to get this to CA in the first place. Good luck with your sale though, all looks really nice. :)

Sorry, without the main board, I wouldn't go much higher than the current bid. If I were to be able to get this to CA in the first place. Good luck with your sale though, all looks really nice. :)

Its all about supply and then demand, I been chatting with 1 fellow and he said 2000.00 and it was picked up from nebraska to california plus shipping. The games might be nice, but its not a complete unit, just adds to the unit, depends on what your really wanting to spend, kinda like stadium events 41,000.00 for a game, I'm thinking it might not have been you to pay that either, but then it wasn't me either, get my drift:}

First, as an Atari collector, let me say that I am heartened to see you selling this piece of Atari memorabilia.

Second, a number of sellers (quite a lot actually) come by the AA forums to advertise their wares, and all do it with varying degrees of class and tact. Generally items for sale receive discussion (sometimes a little, sometimes a lot), as is the function of these forums, with regard to their value, and many times that discussion involves the perceived value versus the likely fair market value. Many (but not all) of the people who comment on the value of a particular item are serious collectors (some are even moderators on these boards) whose opinions are held in high regard. Yes, there are a few unscrupulous people who will try to score an item for cheap by saying it is worth less than it really is, but for the most part they don't conduct their business in the public eye.

So, while this Atari POP Kiosk may indeed be the second version (i.e., without the main board), it is likely not as valuable as the first version, which would probably be considered to be a complete unit. One might think of the value of a Ferrari with an engine and a Ferrari without an engine; both definitely have value, but the latter is considerably less than the former. Furthermore, someone might think it is worth $2000, but that doesn't necessarily make it so. Someone might think my picnic table in my backyard is worth $2000, but a) I would be extremely hard pressed to find someone who would pay that and b) I would more likely find people offering what they fairly think it is worth.

Now, interest in Atari has piqued a bit with the sale of some rare games recently, so you may find yourself experiencing a boost from that. If so, you might consider yourself lucky that you get more than what the collecting community sees as its value. These things happen, but for the most part, we offer honest opinions as to the value of something because we typically are fans of Atari (and in many cases pay people a lot of money for something they might think has little or no value).

Finally, while you quoted a certain price for Stadium Events (it's okay, even though that is NES and this is an Atari site, we're very video game friendly here), with a bit more research you might learn that while an extremely high bid was placed, it was not paid, and the game actually sold for far less than that high bid. In fact, I think that's an important lesson here: do some research as to the value of something and that will make you a better informed seller.

Good luck with your sale, many of us will be watching.

• Like 1

First, as an Atari collector, let me say that I am heartened to see you selling this piece of Atari memorabilia.

Second, a number of sellers (quite a lot actually) come by the AA forums to advertise their wares, and all do it with varying degrees of class and tact. Generally items for sale receive discussion (sometimes a little, sometimes a lot), as is the function of these forums, with regard to their value, and many times that discussion involves the perceived value versus the likely fair market value. Many (but not all) of the people who comment on the value of a particular item are serious collectors (some are even moderators on these boards) whose opinions are held in high regard. Yes, there are a few unscrupulous people who will try to score an item for cheap by saying it is worth less than it really is, but for the most part they don't conduct their business in the public eye.

So, while this Atari POP Kiosk may indeed be the second version (i.e., without the main board), it is likely not as valuable as the first version, which would probably be considered to be a complete unit. One might think of the value of a Ferrari with an engine and a Ferrari without an engine; both definitely have value, but the latter is considerably less than the former. Furthermore, someone might think it is worth $2000, but that doesn't necessarily make it so. Someone might think my picnic table in my backyard is worth $2000, but a) I would be extremely hard pressed to find someone who would pay that and b) I would more likely find people offering what they fairly think it is worth.

Now, interest in Atari has piqued a bit with the sale of some rare games recently, so you may find yourself experiencing a boost from that. If so, you might consider yourself lucky that you get more than what the collecting community sees as its value. These things happen, but for the most part, we offer honest opinions as to the value of something because we typically are fans of Atari (and in many cases pay people a lot of money for something they might think has little or no value).

Finally, while you quoted a certain price for Stadium Events (it's okay, even though that is NES and this is an Atari site, we're very video game friendly here), with a bit more research you might learn that while an extremely high bid was placed, it was not paid, and the game actually sold for far less than that high bid. In fact, I think that's an important lesson here: do some research as to the value of something and that will make you a better informed seller.

Good luck with your sale, many of us will be watching.

Very well stated, in retro-respect what is happening the market place is determining the value of this Atari Kiosk, spoken clearly, I do expect less not having the game board package, but its worth will be judged without it and thats ok, Personally I don't have lots of competition so thats a good thing, making it fun to watch and see what the dedicated people may or may not pay, I have some options if it doesn't meet round 1 @ ebay, and yes it rarer than a picnic table,lol...good thing :} Lets watch this "Rare bad boy without its games strapped on" on see what its worth, wish me luck

I was very interested in the thing even without the main board. $400 was going to be my bid since it would be 8 hours drive one way in my truck that would put the investment around $700 with gas and hotel. years ago I offered $250 for A beat to death one 5 min from my house and they were insulted since they also thought it was worth almost $2000.

Again, way over priced. A relisted buy it now of $1500? And here I thought the $400 amount the original auction went to was ridiculous. I'm with CPU and several of the other more established collectors, a POP kiosk without the actual kiosk board is just not worth much more than $200 the $300 range and that's all I've seen those empty ones legitimately go for in the past. If people are willing to pay more than that, we'll they're simply demonstrating Hannum's quote of "there's a sucker born every minute".

And I love how the kiosk pic from Curt's site is still being ripped off.

• Like 2

IT would have probably Hit $500 or $600 if it didn't have the reserve. If this was in my home state, and I could pick it up, I would pay that for it. :) HHW

I agree with that, since I did a buy it now and relisted it, maybe 1500.00, not sure, but then try finding another, its cool, very collectable and I'm in no hurry to get it sold, I had some international action on it also, reserve bidding can be challenging at best, darned if you and if you do. I was actually looking for some guidelines for what its worth, but even at best, not a fair indicator. My homeworking this kiosk for what its worth, really means what some is really wanting to pay, not much for results anywhere out there period, I checked, and wgungfu thinks 200.00, i think different. I at least figure @ 1500.00 with a buy it now, is if you really want it, better not snooze, it may be gone. Just another approach to selling, wish me luck, I put in my ebay store, letting it sit waiting for it to happen. It can always be lowered, if need be. Maybe it will wind up oversea's ;) kurtzzzz

Again, way over priced. A relisted buy it now of $1500? And here I thought the $400 amount the original auction went to was ridiculous. I'm with CPU and several of the other more established collectors, a POP kiosk without the actual kiosk board is just not worth much more than $200 the $300 range and that's all I've seen those empty ones legitimately go for in the past. If people are willing to pay more than that, we'll they're simply demonstrating Hannum's quote of "there's a sucker born every minute".

If you owned this Kiosk, I wonder what your starting price would be worth??, I'd be happy to purchase these for 200 all day long from you(maybe I wouldn't), the parts are worth a whole lot more than that, out of all your posts, your the only one to belittle me or the kiosk, I feel bad for someone that has to go about it that way, and by the way I wish i had another picture complete to show, but it nearly impossible to find anything on it. You do have an interesting approach, to say the least. :( I'm looking for solid advice on this site and anything that I can learn,, not and expert either, and hope you can understand just that. express yourself differently would be appreciated, thxs :| curt

If you owned this Kiosk, I wonder what your starting price would be worth??, I'd be happy to purchase these for 200 all day long from you(maybe I wouldn't), the parts are worth a whole lot more than that, out of all your posts, your the only one to belittle me or the kiosk, I feel bad for someone that has to go about it that way, and by the way I wish i had another picture complete to show, but it nearly impossible to find anything on it. You do have an interesting approach, to say the least. :( I'm looking for solid advice on this site and anything that I can learn,, not and expert either, and hope you can understand just that. express yourself differently would be appreciated, thxs :| curt

YOu want serious advice, You all ready got it. Cpu, is one of the Top Collectors of Atari Items, Trading Games, wgungfu and I are big collectors and wgungfu, Is a very big historian of Atari History. I can't speak for them, but I have been buying, Selling, and collecting since 1980. I Have also Been follwing Atari Prices and Ebay Sales for over 12 years. Between all of us We say it is Worth between $250 and $600., Because it Does not have the Kiosk Board. That is the best we can do. :)

• Like 1

It's a piece of crap, it doesn't work!

(has to be one of my favorite quotes)

post-9102-127475317589_thumb.jpg