IGNORED

2600 Kiosk on Ebay

fred

Again, way over priced. A relisted buy it now of $1500? And here I thought the $400 amount the original auction went to was ridiculous. I'm with CPU and several of the other more established collectors, a POP kiosk without the actual kiosk board is just not worth much more than $200 the $300 range and that's all I've seen those empty ones legitimately go for in the past. If people are willing to pay more than that, we'll they're simply demonstrating Hannum's quote of "there's a sucker born every minute".

And I love how the kiosk pic from Curt's site is still being ripped off.

Just one less thing for you to judge or snivel about, i changed the pic, didn't really care for the clarity of it anyway, I suppose most know what it looks like anyway, or they can see it at atari mueseum, curt over there offered me some advice when listing it the first time which was appreciated and respected, one more thing, where is an actual sold/price guide for these, other than hearsay. I be happy to see one, instead of shooting from the hip and listening to 14 differences of opinions, and yes I'm learning still and can lower it someday if needed, just not even close to doing that at this point. :cool: :roll: :P

Why don't you add a Best Offer option to your BIN? Then you can see what the offers tend to cluster around. That might give you an idea of what the market values this item at (even though I think you already got your answer the first time you listed it).

• Like 2

Again, way over priced. A relisted buy it now of $1500? And here I thought the $400 amount the original auction went to was ridiculous. I'm with CPU and several of the other more established collectors, a POP kiosk without the actual kiosk board is just not worth much more than $200 the $300 range and that's all I've seen those empty ones legitimately go for in the past. If people are willing to pay more than that, we'll they're simply demonstrating Hannum's quote of "there's a sucker born every minute".

If you owned this Kiosk, I wonder what your starting price would be worth??, I'd be happy to purchase these for 200 all day long from you(maybe I wouldn't), the parts are worth a whole lot more than that, out of all your posts, your the only one to belittle me or the kiosk, I feel bad for someone that has to go about it that way, and by the way I wish i had another picture complete to show, but it nearly impossible to find anything on it. You do have an interesting approach, to say the least. :( I'm looking for solid advice on this site and anything that I can learn,, not and expert either, and hope you can understand just that. express yourself differently would be appreciated, thxs :| curt

YOu want serious advice, You all ready got it. Cpu, is one of the Top Collectors of Atari Items, Trading Games, wgungfu and I are big collectors and wgungfu, Is a very big historian of Atari History. I can't speak for them, but I have been buying, Selling, and collecting since 1980. I Have also Been follwing Atari Prices and Ebay Sales for over 12 years. Between all of us We say it is Worth between $250 and $600., Because it Does not have the Kiosk Board. That is the best we can do. :)

Maybe I appreciate the way you suggested the true value and it may be just that, all said and done, at some point. thank you. no need to be sarcastic or demean/price the idea for what it is, is my only point here, coming to this site. I figure I've been in business 35 years working with people and do sales all the time, its just nice to talk to people or messages in a proper manner, especially if you guys are the true collectors and representing this site, you did well, just your counterpart needs a course on public pr. He's not a shining example on how to address values or people, whether he is right or wrong, sorry, once again you did it with class. Also what I see what some of these games go for, which I wouldn't pay that(not really a collector anyway)for in anyway form shape or manner, It really depends on how deep someones pockets are to buy any of this merchandise, but it amazes me what is paid for some items, at this point making this kiosk look cheap to own, and its rated a 8 of 10 on rarity listed in other atari sites. Just my point of view. Its still a very nice unit, and is still drawing alot of interest. time will tell, and that I have, thxs for the positive feedback, curt :)

Why don't you add a Best Offer option to your BIN? Then you can see what the offers tend to cluster around. That might give you an idea of what the market values this item at (even though I think you already got your answer the first time you listed it).

That will come at some point, already thought that out likewise, but willing to see it out. Putting it up in my store makes it affordable for listing, one reason is to test the market, whether its here or overseas, since our dollar is weak here it may pull more overseas, i had some interest from out there, of course like any seller I want to make as much as possible, and if I had to reduce to meet the true market value in different ways, I will and it would be just fine, and that may come, thxs for the imput. curt

If you owned this Kiosk, I wonder what your starting price would be worth??, I'd be happy to purchase these for 200 all day long from you(maybe I wouldn't), the parts are worth a whole lot more than that, out of all your posts, your the only one to belittle me or the kiosk, I feel bad for someone that has to go about it that way, and by the way I wish i had another picture complete to show, but it nearly impossible to find anything on it. You do have an interesting approach, to say the least. :( I'm looking for solid advice on this site and anything that I can learn,, not and expert either, and hope you can understand just that. express yourself differently would be appreciated, thxs :| curt

YOu want serious advice, You all ready got it. Cpu, is one of the Top Collectors of Atari Items, Trading Games, wgungfu and I are big collectors and wgungfu, Is a very big historian of Atari History. I can't speak for them, but I have been buying, Selling, and collecting since 1980. I Have also Been follwing Atari Prices and Ebay Sales for over 12 years. Between all of us We say it is Worth between $250 and $600., Because it Does not have the Kiosk Board. That is the best we can do. :)

Maybe I appreciate the way you suggested the true value and it may be just that, all said and done, at some point. thank you. no need to be sarcastic or demean/price the idea for what it is, is my only point here, coming to this site. I figure I've been in business 35 years working with people and do sales all the time, its just nice to talk to people or messages in a proper manner, especially if you guys are the true collectors and representing this site, you did well, just your counterpart needs a course on public pr. He's not a shining example on how to address values or people, whether he is right or wrong, sorry, once again you did it with class. Also what I see what some of these games go for, which I wouldn't pay that(not really a collector anyway)for in anyway form shape or manner, It really depends on how deep someones pockets are to buy any of this merchandise, but it amazes me what is paid for some items, at this point making this kiosk look cheap to own, and its rated a 8 of 10 on rarity listed in other atari sites. Just my point of view. Its still a very nice unit, and is still drawing alot of interest. time will tell, and that I have, thxs for the positive feedback, curt :)

Well in wgungfu defense, you came to this site to promote your acuction and see what the experts say it is worth. You then argue with us when we tell you. This happens all the time. Some non game collector, finds something for cheap, then comes here to find out what is worth, puts two or three times that on it and then Leaves never to be seen again. It just riles everyone up. Some handle it different than others. When it is all said and done, you will have sold it for a lot more than you paid. Any time this happens, it is a good day. HHW

• Like 1

<----------------I don't know anything about the value of vintage games! Or do I? Like I said if it was closer I would get this. If the seller sold it for $750 and then I had to go get it or pay super high shipping I would have more invested in it than I would like. The last one local to me was beat up very bad and my few 100 offer was rejected and I think they took it to the dump.I was just going to use it as a guide to rebuild a new one from scratch. Now the last nice one for sale was at Vintage stock in Tulsa 2005?. It was very complete with the mother board still new all boxed up. The unit was very nice and solid. It also included almost 150 boxed games that filled its lower section and had a TV set. It was at the the game show OKVGE 1 or 2 times so many people saw it. They paid $1000 for it if I remember correct. They had it for almost 2 years and it finally sold for a bit under $1500 on Ebay and I did not see the sale so I missed. I had my truck there 2 times and offered $1500 for it ready to load it up and they wanted $2000. O well. They had the original owners manual also and we were able to scan all the pages for our book Classic 80's Home Video Games records and get some good pictures.

• Like 1

Well in wgungfu defense, you came to this site to promote your acuction and see what the experts say it is worth. You then argue with us when we tell you. This happens all the time. Some non game collector, finds something for cheap, then comes here to find out what is worth, puts two or three times that on it and then Leaves never to be seen again. It just riles everyone up. Some handle it different than others. When it is all said and done, you will have sold it for a lot more than you paid. Any time this happens, it is a good day. HHW

Your correct on a few things here and willing to take it, and thats ok., but if you read the captions on how wgungfu addressed me from the getgo, listen to this guy, I have been civil to you cause your response isn't offensive, and true facts may emerge about price and yes I won't lose a dime on it, but anyone that sells something that comes to any of these sites and ask for info, doesn't mean we need to be beat on because we want to try for more, its a free world and I still doubt that a site can determine pricing other than throwing out negatives on this site to maybe drive it down in price. I understand business and like taking the shot to make a extra buck like anyone else does, I do collect and sell game/systems bundled and understand the concept. Furthermore what the heck does anyone really care what I sell it for??. Its my loss if it doesn't go for what I want, not theirs. I had some really nice overviews from people like yourself and others and play fair, and I respect that. I really haven't argued at all about pricing to anyone and may be more than willing to sell @600.00 or a little less, so that needs to be cleared up right away, read wgungfu captions right on down the line to me about me and so forth, he personally is a bad example to this site, no matter what he knows about atari, his pr lines are out of line. Talking decent to people is what will make a site great or questionable, your right when I sell I won't be here, but need to educate others like myself coming on here to have civil opinions and pricing rather than a cocky so called expert that stands out from the rest of you fella's that handle it the way it should be, in that regard he may be your bud, not mine.

Your correct on a few things here and willing to take it, and thats ok., but if you read the captions on how wgungfu addressed me from the getgo, listen to this guy, I have been civil to you cause your response isn't offensive, and true facts may emerge about price and yes I won't lose a dime on it, but anyone that sells something that comes to any of these sites and ask for info, doesn't mean we need to be beat on because we want to try for more, its a free world and I still doubt that a site can determine pricing other than throwing out negatives on this site to maybe drive it down in price. I understand business and like taking the shot to make a extra buck like anyone else does, I do collect and sell game/systems bundled and understand the concept. Furthermore what the heck does anyone really care what I sell it for??. Its my loss if it doesn't go for what I want, not theirs. I had some really nice overviews from people like yourself and others and play fair, and I respect that. I really haven't argued at all about pricing to anyone and may be more than willing to sell @600.00 or a little less, so that needs to be cleared up right away, read wgungfu captions right on down the line to me about me and so forth, he personally is a bad example to this site, no matter what he knows about atari, his pr lines are out of line. Talking decent to people is what will make a site great or questionable, your right when I sell I won't be here, but need to educate others like myself coming on here to have civil opinions and pricing rather than a cocky so called expert that stands out from the rest of you fella's that handle it the way it should be, in that regard he may be your bud, not mine.

Sorry, but your rant about me aside, that is not how I was addressing you. I said things no different in intention than any of the people hhwolfman mentioned. And if I sound astounded, it's because of the points he already pointed out. If people just got done telling you it's overpriced, you keep arguing and don't want to listen, you can't expect us to just go "Oh ok, you're right." You're the one that came to AA and to promote this auction, it's not like we're the ones that sought you out. Likewise, to come back with that ridiculous buy it now price even after everything that's been said - it's just more par for the course of what we see by ebay auctioneers as he also mentioned. This isn't our first rodeo, and not our first time on down the block.

Edited by wgungfu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, but your rant about me aside, that is not how I was addressing you. I said things no different in intention than any of the people hhwolfman mentioned. And if I sound astounded, it's because of the points he already pointed out. If people just got done telling you it's overpriced, you keep arguing and don't want to listen, you can't expect us to just go "Oh ok, you're right." You're the one that came to AA and to promote this auction, it's not like we're the ones that sought you out. Likewise, to come back with that ridiculous buy it now price even after everything that's been said - it's just more par for the course of what we see by ebay auctioneers as he also mentioned. This isn't our first rodeo, and not our first time on down the block.

It may not be your first rodeo, probably your second :}, sorry, when someone tells me what is way to high, doesn't mean anything to me, The kiosk sold on a buy it now with my approval for 800.00 and the fella and his wife and kids were all so happy to drive from Indiana to greenbay to get it, its great, and he had it up the next day along side of other kiosks that he collected over time, the one I had was mint, and I decided after about a month to let it go. So to all you "so called knowledgable" price geeks, take a lesson here, 200 to 300 is high and you better listen the experts here or we new members here don't know anything, recalculate if you will, for the next guy, and listen maybe more than speak foolishly, for you may learn something that benefits your community more than stupid talk. good day Kurtzzzz PS 800.00 + 9hr trip/lodging/gas puts it at around 1100.00/1200.00 invested, far cry from 200/300.00

Wungungfuey, Read my most recent post, time for change here, learn from those being patient, and also learn Atari Kiosks just don't show up everyday, once realizing that you may be more knowledgable on pricing which your not, even the fella that purchased driving 9 hrs to pick it up, has been looking for sometime to find one in mint condition, which mine was, mentioned to him that the fella's here on this site thought 200/300 was max, he laughed also, his basement is full of different kiosks, sound like he has the knowledge of what kiosks are worth, plus I had a lot interest besides him, and @ 800.00 plus his trip and extra's put it @ 1100/1200 invested. You call em suckers, whats real is really what applies here and what it had sold for. My advice on a kiosk like mine is between 800.00 and 1100, and 1500 to 2000.00 with the game package, but what do I know, your the expert....not! see ya Kurtzzzz

Wungungfuey, Read my most recent post, time for change here, learn from those being patient, and also learn Atari Kiosks just don't show up everyday, once realizing that you may be more knowledgable on pricing which your not, even the fella that purchased driving 9 hrs to pick it up, has been looking for sometime to find one in mint condition, which mine was, mentioned to him that the fella's here on this site thought 200/300 was max, he laughed also, his basement is full of different kiosks, sound like he has the knowledge of what kiosks are worth, plus I had a lot interest besides him, and @ 800.00 plus his trip and extra's put it @ 1100/1200 invested. You call em suckers, whats real is really what applies here and what it had sold for. My advice on a kiosk like mine is between 800.00 and 1100, and 1500 to 2000.00 with the game package, but what do I know, your the expert....not! see ya Kurtzzzz

Well if you look at my previous post. I said it would be around $500 to $600. You got $800. Congrates. I would say my $600 was a lot closer than $1500 - $2000.

Well if you look at my previous post. I said it would be around $500 to $600. You got $800. Congrates. I would say my $600 was a lot closer than $1500 - $2000.

I also have to say, as I have been very cordial to you, You have gotten $200 more than I have said. You want to make a statement, and a big deal out of it. You have Tried to be little some of our fine members here, and you will never post again, enjoy that extra $200, - fees, good luck in your next post here and have a good life.HHW

• Like 1

Good for you, happy you sold it. Now leave.

Ditto.

Agreed, don't let the door hit'cha in the ass

Or how bout this. How bout Crazyclimber,Osbo, and Wgungfu take a hike. There I said it. :|

Edit: Just hate people who act like jerks to other people. And to tell someone to get out when they had done nothing to the community or them is not acceptable in my opinion. And I don't care how many people agree with their sentiment. There is a right way to act, and a wrong way to act, and in my opinion Wgungfu, Crazyclimber, and Osbo were acting the wrong way.

Or how bout this. How bout Crazyclimber,Osbo, and Wgungfu take a hike. There I said it. :|

You first. We'll be right behind you the whole way. Seriously. :roll:

Edit: Just hate people who act like jerks to other people. And to tell someone to get out when they had done nothing to the community or them is not acceptable in my opinion. And I don't care how many people agree with their sentiment. There is a right way to act, and a wrong way to act, and in my opinion Wgungfu, Crazyclimber, and Osbo were acting the wrong way.

And in my opinion you're demonstrating an IQ lower than Homer Simpson, so congrats on living up to your nickname. There, I said it. :roll: To be twisting around something like that when the majority consensus by the posts here by collectors was that *he* was the jerk for coming here and acting the way he did when he didn't like what people had to say about his pricing theories. And then he pops up again later with more obnoxious posts to start things up again. And we're the wrong ones for seeming him as the usual flash in the pan newbie out to price something they're pimping. Unbelievable. :ponder:

Edited by wgungfu
  • Like 5

Good for you, happy you sold it. Now leave.

Ditto.

Agreed, don't let the door hit'cha in the ass

What? am I supposed to get mad? :lol:

• Like 3