IGNORED

Who made this Pac-Man Homebrew?

Ok I'll bite: This has been bugging me for a while now, what or who is a Hozer?

Hozer is a person who mades reproductions of various Atari 2600 games. You can reconize them cause he has a stange looking head on the corner of the label. Not that you can see it clearly in this case -- I can't. I'm just taking their word for it. :D

What's curious to me is that I thought he just made copies of rare or uncommon games....why repro Pac-Man? :ponder:

Hozer is a person who mades reproductions of various Atari 2600 games. You can reconize them cause he has a stange looking head on the corner of the label. Not that you can see it clearly in this case -- I can't. I'm just taking their word for it. :D

What's curious to me is that I thought he just made copies of rare or uncommon games....why repro Pac-Man? :ponder:

Thanks for the info. You also make a great point. Why the repro Pac-Mans?

Try using the "Search" function for anyone who wants to know something about any topic.

I know all about searching, I have my own board. :) For some reason I was gonna but didn't. Sorry, I got distracted big-time when the Yankees came back tonight in the 9th. Dunno what I was thinking! :D

Whenever I see Hozer I think "Hoser". I don't know if people outside of Canada every made use of this word, but we sure did back in the 80's (thanks to Bob and Doug Mckenzie!). A quick look on Wiki made me laugh. :lol:

Hoser is both a slang term and a stereotype, originating from and used primarily in Canada. It is not often used by Canadians, but it is sometimes used as "typical" Canadian slang by those imitating Canadians, similar to the word Eh.

Origins:

Like the very similar term hosehead, the term may have referred to farmers of the Canadian prairies, who would siphon gas from farming vehicles with a hose during the Great Depression of the 1930s. The expression has since been converted to the verb 'to hose' as in to trick, deceive, or steal - for example: "That card-shark sure hosed me." Hosed has an additional meaning of becoming drunk - for example: "Let's go out and get hosed."

Connotations:

Today, the word hoser evokes a stereotypical Canadian male, typically lower to middle class, white and English Canadian. He is especially concerned with drinking beer and watching hockey or curling. The hoser is understood as a product of a poor and white upbringing, but never from a more cosmopolitan lifestyle—he is more likely to come from a small town or a rural farm community than a big city, although hosers may also exist in the suburbs of major cities.

Hozer (Randy Crutchfield) is known for making repros of virtually anything a binary exists of. I'd gather that it is not 7800's Pac-Man, but 7800's Pac-Man Collection.

IBTL :ponder:

Edited by Nukey Shay

Try using the "Search" function for anyone who wants to know something about any topic.

I know all about searching, I have my own board. :) For some reason I was gonna but didn't. Sorry, I got distracted big-time when the Yankees came back tonight in the 9th. Dunno what I was thinking! :D

:roll:

:roll:

I used two smiley faces and even said "sorry" and "dunno what I was thinking", indicating I made a mistake. I don't think an eye roll was necessary jeez...

Edited by White Knight