IGNORED

Atari Corp. check-out games

I got a few of these check-out games from ebay. Back in the time they were part of the Atari game library and the employees

could check them out.

I studied the check out cards and stumbled across the name Joe Copson. After a quick search I found him......http://www.atariage.com/programmer_page.html?SystemID=5200&ProgrammerID=134

I think it´s cool to have some games with the signature of a former Atari programmer! :)

And who is Liz Poole? She checked out every game..........

p1030072xk.jpgp1030071.jpg

I'd never heard of the atari library.

I have never heard about the game library too till I got my hands on these. Most of those who checked out the games used initials of their names.........could the name on the card above Joe Copson be Dennis Koble??

I'd never heard of the atari library.

I have never heard about the game library too till I got my hands on these. Most of those who checked out the games used initials of their names.........could the name on the card above Joe Copson be Dennis Koble??

Yep, it is Dennis Koble. These have popped up before in the past.

There was a guy in San Jose who had a load of protos and a huge box full of these up on ebay, I am betting that's where Iwan got them from. ;)

I bought several of them from that guy... and love em .. yes, the fact that you know real atari peeps from back in the day were using them is why I love them.

That's awesome! I wonder why there are no "in" dates. I guess the Atari library worked on the honor system.

On a slightly related note, it reminds me of when library books all had their own check out cards attached and you could see how often (or not) they were checked out and when. Old books could have check out stamp dates from the 1960s. Now with computer systems, books are just scanned and a generic card is put in with the due date so there is no nostalgia anymore.

Didn't recognize any names right off, though.

Remember that Atari employed more than just programmers. I imagine that all sorts of employees would have a reason to check out games. People like Graphic Artists, Play Testers, Manual Writers, Marketing, Engineers, etc.

Tempest

Remember that Atari employed more than just programmers. I imagine that all sorts of employees would have a reason to check out games. People like Graphic Artists, Play Testers, Manual Writers, Marketing, Engineers, etc.

Tempest

Oh, yeah, I figured that. And some of them may be programmers I just don't know the names of. :)

How hard would it be to find a list of employees by year? Wouldn't that be public record at some point?"

Complete Atari phone lists are publicly available on several sites so I doubt such information would be considered sensitive anymore.

Tempest

I was thinking more along the lines of tax records that might list the position (tell programmers from receptionists) as well as the name. Aren't taxes public record? I don't know much about that area of life, obviously.

I see.

No, corporate tax filings generally just list the number of employees a corporation has, and this is the only information that would be publically available.