IGNORED

What Atari 2600 emulator do you use?

Omegamatrix

31 members have voted

1. 1. What Atari 2600 emulator do you use?

• Z26
    • Stella
    • PCAE
    • What the *$% is an emulator?!? I play on the real thing!!
  2. 2. Do you use a Stella adapter?

• Yes!
    • No...
    • Who is Stella, and where can I meet her?
  3. 3. Do you prefer an Atari joystick, or do you game with a more modern controller?

• Give me the real thing. CX40 all the way!!!
    • I use a different joystick, and I'm proud of it!
    • Atari made joysticks???

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

How many people are using what??? Describe your gaming experience... whether you game out on your computer or using an emulator on a Xbox? What kind of joysticks do you use, and so forth.

If you are gaming on an Xbox or Wii, then you are probably using some form of Stella or Z26.

• Like 2

Now that I have a Harmony cart I'm using a 7800 with CX-40s so I can play 2600 games and 7800 games. Before I got the Harmony cart I used a 2600 Jr. because it worked well with the Krok cart. I use Z26 with keyboard controls when I download a new binary from the programming forums. When programming I use Stella with keyboard controls.

• Like 1

I use stella just for checking out homebrew WIP and when I bother to work on my project in Batari Basic, otherwise Harmony all the way. I typically use my WICO stick, but it seems to be favoring one direction lately, so I do use the original Atari sticks alto also.

• Like 1

I usually run Win Stella to check out homebrews or rare old ROMs just to see if they are worth loading onto my Harmony cart.

If I'm bored at work I sometimes fire up jStella to play a few minutes of classic Atari.

Nowhere near as nice as playing on the real machine, of course.

• Like 1

I don't use emulators. I don't have a problem with them, I just don't use them. What I do have a problem with, though, is people that think they can download a thousand Atari games, play them in emulation, and get the real Atari experience. (Or any system, really)

Since I only play on real hardware, I only use real joysticks...typically CX-40s, but sometimes others, notably the Slik Stik and Zircon Video Command.

• Like 1

What I do have a problem with, though, is people that think they can download a thousand Atari games, play them in emulation, and get the real Atari experience. (Or any system, really)

Yeah that can be annoying, but really I don't think that would apply to 99% of the people on this particular forum. :P

That being said, for the 2600 emulation, I use Stella on the PC, and Z26 on the Xbox 1. :)

<edit> I can't answer the 3rd question of the poll because I use a modern d-pad, or the pc keyboard when I play emulated games.. but it's definitely not my controller of choice. I would MUCH rather have a real Atari joystick in my hand. But it's not that big a deal really because if I really want to use the joystick to play a game I just fire up the real deal :P

Edited by NE146

I prefer the real hardware myself, Heavy 6er!

I like the Suncom Slick Stick & Tac-2 for joysticks, they just feel more sturdy.

I was always impressed with the Slick Stick by how they used a Schrader Valve for the joystick shaft, simply ingenious!

I don't have room to keep all of my systems hooked up at all times, so I usually just play a few quick games with Stella on my PC & Stelladaptor.

• Like 1