IGNORED

Back To BASIC(s)

Just to set the record straight (I hope for the last time):

Maybe if you spent as much time coding

From http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/reboot/web/rbt/about.html (up there for a long time):

Name: sh3

Role in Reboot: artist/tester/designer

Specialty: pixels

Although sh3 does code, he never laid down a single line of code for Reboot.

Thank you.

• Like 3

I am on holiday at the moment which is common knowledge as I posted a few days ago saying so.

When I can get to my Spectrum and set it up I will post the code for Shuttle Lander but as I have no way of transferring anything from my Spectrum to my PC it will mean writing it all down by hand and then typing it into the PC so don't expect me to be able to do it anytime tonight.

I do not need to avail myself of any facts

Hell no, why change the habit of a lifetime? :roll:

You obviously missed the point being made....probably too higher concept for you to contemplate

If you want to live in the past, that's your perogative but don't assume that others wish to relive that past or want to keep dredging it up (like some people seem to want to do)

• Like 2

I am on holiday at the moment which is common knowledge as I posted a few days ago saying so.

When I can get to my Spectrum and set it up I will post the code for Shuttle Lander but as I have no way of transferring anything from my Spectrum to my PC it will mean writing it all down by hand and then typing it into the PC so don't expect me to be able to do it anytime tonight.

Well, I am sure the WoS guys will be more than happy to tell you how to transfer the files easily. I believe 1 very simple audio cable should do it? But I am sure that the tape will turn out to be damaged, stollen or chewed by a puppy. It happens... :D :D :D

• Like 10

I don't even use tapes and already said that :roll: And for the record I also already asked a few people on WOS. If you having nothing intelligent to contribute its really best not to bother.

Well, forgive me if I don't take your word for it. I'll wait for the wos guys confirmation. In all likelyhood though, the same technique can be applied. I could definitely make some inquirements for you if you'd like. What did you use to store the data? Disks, microdrives, DivIDE?

Funny you should mention intelligent posting though :D :D :D

• Like 10

Asked what? About transferring a 3" Disk from Spectrum to a PC?

Its quite simple: You need a 3" drive to do it and the one in the Spectrum is built into the machine so you can't use that. So without an external 3" drive and the right software I cannot do it.

I am not willing to reveal in public my username on WOS so I can get more abuse but I can easily link a topic that describes the process.

As I have already said once I get back from my holiday I am more than willing to post the code or send anybody who wants one all the games I listed here on a 3" disk.

Its nice to see that all the flames, insults and misquotes in this thread are tolerated and allowed.

• Like 1

I am not willing to reveal in public my username on WOS so I can get more abuse but I can easily link a topic that describes the process.

So once again, when asked to reveal proof of the volumes of bullshit you spew, you make excuses.

Its nice to see that all the flames, insults and misquotes in this thread are tolerated and allowed.

Misquotes? By all means please show me who here besides you is trying to take credit for others' work.. I only wish I had read that long WoS thread sooner.

..Al

• Like 14

If somebody can tell me a way to transfer files from a Spectrum +3 3" Disk to a an XP PC without the use of an external 3" drive then I will do it as soon as I possibly can.

Until then I am happy to post the code for Shuttle Lander right here and on WoS if you wish in the 5 year old thread or the new one thats been started or send anybody who has the ability to read a 3" disk ALL of the games I did over the last few months.

You didn't answer the questions...

... again!

I just read through the World of Spectrum thread and one of the older threads here on AtariAge. Interesting reads. If our friend The_Laird had invested all the effort he's apparently put into making up stories into actually learning to program, he probably could have written all the games he's claiming to have written!

Big thumbs-up to the WOS guys for exposing him.

• Like 14

If somebody can tell me a way to transfer files from a Spectrum +3 3" Disk to a an XP PC without the use of an external 3" drive then I will do it as soon as I possibly can.

Until then I am happy to post the code for Shuttle Lander right here and on WoS if you wish in the 5 year old thread or the new one thats been started or send anybody who has the ability to read a 3" disk ALL of the games I did over the last few months.

How about taking a couple of photos of the screen and posting them :) You have managed to post screenshots, so the same method could be used to post code shots...

• Like 8

How about taking a couple of photos of the screen and posting them :) You have managed to post screenshots, so the same method could be used to post code shots...

I'll bet you one can of coke that he comes back and says that his camera has suddenly broken.

I'll raise that can of coke and add a mars bar that he comes back to say the TV has imploded....

• Like 12

It's quite simple, really. You scan in the book you stole the games from and tipex out the authors name and crayon in MR KIZZA TELLS FIBS.

It's not Advanced Lawnmower Mechanics, now is it?

• Like 9