IGNORED

Back To BASIC(s)

Guys.. this thread has heated up a touch more than was needed I feel. I thought it had died 2 pages back. Id like at least to point out, that Ive never claimed that "Shuttle Lander" is anyone else's work, and therefore don't really see the need for Kizza to post up code here in relation to this. Even if he did I don't see what we would compare it to exactly ? That is up to him and others I guess.

This was never about saying that ALL of his new work is copied, and Ive never remotely tried to suggest that here. This was simply about giving credit to, and being open about, any "borrowed" works, that he is choosing to modify, at the appropriate time. That time being right from the word go. That's all.

As for his being a member of WOS, its very possible that he is, and to be quite honest I can rather understand why he would want to keep his login to himself. We can be a pretty relentless bunch over there, and as I'm sure hes aware , he has become a bit of a board "legend" to say the least.

Anyway.. there we are.. :)

• Like 5

Guys.. this thread has heated up a touch more than was needed I feel. I thought it had died 2 pages back. Id like at least to point out, that Ive never claimed that "Shuttle Lander" is anyone else's work, and therefore don't really see the need for Kizza to post up code here in relation to this. Even if he did I don't see what we would compare it to exactly ? That is up to him and others I guess.

This was never about saying that ALL of his new work is copied, and Ive never remotely tried to suggest that here. This was simply about giving credit to, and being open about, any "borrowed" works, that he is choosing to modify, at the appropriate time. That time being right from the word go. That's all.

As for his being a member of WOS, its very possible that he is, and to be quite honest I can rather understand why he would want to keep his login to himself. We can be a pretty relentless bunch over there, and as I'm sure hes aware , he has become a bit of a board "legend" to say the least.

Anyway.. there we are.. :)

He has a bit of a history here as well, which is why many people are jumping into here, and it's not just limited to his habit of lying about game authorship. It's been a pattern of behavior over the years that's left a lot of people pissed off at him from multiple forums for multiple reasons.

IMO he needs to stay away from forums and figure a few things out in his head in regards to how he interacts with and presents himself to others.

• Like 10

It's quite simple, really. You scan in the book you stole the games from and tipex out the authors name and crayon in MR KIZZA TELLS FIBS.

About the intelligence level I expected in that answer Mr. Morden

IMO he needs to stay away from forums and figure a few things out in his head in regards to how he interacts with and presents himself to others.

How many black pots and kettles do you own? :ponder:

I am glad there is at least one person here who seems to be able to behave like a mature adult and I have a new found respect for him over that. I have never released any of these games to buy as none of them are in a 100% finished state to release them and the moment they are I would be happy for anyone to dump them. The only parts of code that have my name on are my own and full credit is given for any use of code from the book The Complete Spectrum by Allan Scott in REM statements in the code its self and on the game splash screens.

Here is screenshots for Shuttle Lander so for those who are so desperate to see the code fill ya boots!

post-16579-128481364393_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481364931_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481365422_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481365916_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481366349_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481366815_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481369139_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481370328_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481370748_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481371251_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128481371746_thumb.jpg

It's not just a possability - I know for certain that he is registered on WoS and won't be revealing his user name for that very reason :)

As long as he behaves himself there then he is fine...

Seems as though this thread has veered so far from the core subject, it's turning into a points scoring contest dwelling on the past of others

Now, i have no problem or issue with people wanting to dredge up the past or dwell on the past of others....AS LONG AS THEY STICK TO THE POINTS AND PUT THE POINTS ACROSS IN A CONSTRUCTIVE AND CIVIL FASHION

If your'e going to start dredging up the past and dwelling on the past of others in a negative fashion and trying to state the points in a bitchy, nasty and snotty way (which was the point i originally made responding to sh3's reply to my first post) then it does no one any favours and it's serves no-one's interest...hence why this thread has turned into basically a point scoring bitching fest, which ultimately no one is interested in

At the end of the day/ultimately no one is interested in the slightest if one user/member here has a personal issue/problem with another user/member here

Also to reversing the scenario the other way, what if we were discussing in the fashion that we have been, Sh3, Sauron, Christos, Wos, myself etc etc, we would'nt like it ourselves and as the old adage goes....if you don't like it being dished out to you, then don't be dishing it out in the first place

As I guess it said in the good book, you must do unto others as you do unto yourself, i guess what that meant was 'treat others as you treat yourself'

Ultimately we claim to be 'intelligent' adults/people and we claim to be this 'atari community' the we claim we are part of, if that being the case lets try actually actibg/behaving like these 'intelligent' adults/people and lets try acting/behaving in some semblance of this 'atari community'

Perhaps i should refer people to the post i did in the thread 'what annoys you' in the general chat section (post 90)...there again, to save you's all the bother, i'll include the text here

Please note, what i say is in the general sense only and not just relating to Atariage

The only pet peeve/general annoyance i have is people that use site chat area's, forums threads and posts and blogs/twitter like things to make personal comments, arguments, attacks/insults and grievences against fellow site forums/chat room etc users or members...if you have a particular gripe/issue or problem with someone (or you wish to comment on them personally/or insult them personally) try communicating with that person in private via that sites private messenger/messenging systems or services (or even better, use their email addy, if it's published), just to point out that the rest of the humanity that make up the sites user/member base is not in the slightest bit interested in anyway whatsoever in your private spat/issue/argument or problem with a fellow user/member of that site

If i can be so bold and suggest the following, at least in an attempt to get back to the subject at hand

For this thread to be closed and for our fellow member/user Laird to open up a new thread but only including programs that he had actually developed himself (from scratch) , and if he so wishes to including manuscripts and storyboards of the various programs he's developed as it would give people like me an insight not just in programming games on computers but also gives people like me an insight how to not just program in basic but also how to plan and draft your programs

Edited by carmel_andrews
  • Like 2

I fail to understand how being upset with someone for blatantly stealing code for not just one but multiple programs and claiming it is completely their own is a "personal" issue, but hey, maybe that's just me.

None of the games I posted here have stolen anyones code, SOME of them use portions of code from a book designed to help people code which I have already credited on numerous occasions.

I have not sold a single one or even given anyone else a copy of them so have not broken any laws at all.

How many hacks of 2600 and 7800 games have been sold on AA over the years? They use other peoples code (and from commercial games too) don't see you having a problem with them :ponder:

Edited by The_Laird
  • Like 1

How many hacks of 2600 and 7800 games have been sold on AA over the years? They use other peoples code and from commercial games too, son't see you having a problem with them :ponder:

Stop trying to deflect attention from yourself, at least those hacks are clearly labeled as such and nobody is trying to deceive anyone as you have done repeatedly.

..Al

• Like 7

None of the games I posted here have stolen anyones code, SOME of them use portions of code from a book designed to help people code which I have already credited on numerous occasions.

I have not sold a single one or even given anyone else a copy of them so have not broken any laws at all.

How many hacks of 2600 and 7800 games have been sold on AA over the years? They use other peoples code aand from commercial games too) don't see you having a problem with them :ponder:

Wait, so there's a difference between "stealing" and "using" now? Fascinating, seems pretty much the same to me, especially given the fact that you only credited those individuals AFTER you were called out on it, not from the very beginning. This very THREAD is proof of that.

"Using" generally implies giving credit to original programmers from the beginning, something you clearly didn't do. That would classify it as "stealing" in my book, and generally everyone else's last I checked.

I don't have problems with hacks because from the very get-go they say "Hey, this is a hack of _____ " so the original credit is implied. Hack makers don't start threads going "HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I JUST PROGRAMMED, OH WAIT, TURNS OUT IT WASN'T COMPLETELY MINE, OOPS!"

• Like 8

But the thread is about Speccy Slots which is my own work :ponder:

And on the 1st page went on to claim you wrote mega games 1 and included 6 screenshots of known games.... So why would anyone believe that speccy slots is yours too? It may well be, but I am certain the WoS archives are being searched....

• Like 4

This thread has gone beyond its original purpose, and I don't want it to continue to degenerate into one solely attacking Laird. I'm therefore closing this thread so this energy can be vested in more productive and positive matters.

Laird, if you don't want this type of negative attention directed at you, write some original software and share it and I'm sure people will enjoy playing your games. It's as simple as that.

..Al