IGNORED

DDP Donkey Kong

TikkiBeard

I got these at a flea-market a while back. I know absolutely zip about the Colecovision .....and even less about the ADAM and these tapes. I scoured the forums and the Google and cant find crap on them. Wikipedia says "Coleco had to agree not to sell the Adam version of Donkey Kong." but thats Wikipedia (god now i sound like my teachers) So I give up are these worth anything? i didn't pay a lot for them...so I'm not out too much. I'm not a flipper but I've got no use for these other than a conversation piece.... WHICH I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN!!! lol. anyhow.....

post-25887-127445159008_thumb.jpg

Generally ADAM tapes aren't worth much. Maybe a few bucks a piece (less for the blank tapes).

The whole Donkey Kong debacle is well documented. It all stems from agreements Atari and Coleco made with Nintendo about which platforms they could distribute the game on. Coleco got the rights to all GAME CONSOLES but Atari had the rights to all COMPUTERS. So Coleco ported DK to just about every console of the time and Atari to all computers (through Atari or Atarisoft). The problem arose when Coleco decided to release DK for the ADAM. Atari saw the ADAM as a computer and therefore said that Coleco didn't have the rights to release it, Coleco said that the ADAM was a game console because the ADAM was actually an add-on for the Colecovision. I don't remember how it all ended, but DK was definitely sold in stores.

Tempest

Generally ADAM tapes aren't worth much. Maybe a few bucks a piece (less for the blank tapes).

The whole Donkey Kong debacle is well documented. It all stems from agreements Atari and Coleco made with Nintendo about which platforms they could distribute the game on. Coleco got the rights to all GAME CONSOLES but Atari had the rights to all COMPUTERS. So Coleco ported DK to just about every console of the time and Atari to all computers (through Atari or Atarisoft). The problem arose when Coleco decided to release DK for the ADAM. Atari saw the ADAM as a computer and therefore said that Coleco didn't have the rights to release it, Coleco said that the ADAM was a game console because the ADAM was actually an add-on for the Colecovision. I don't remember how it all ended, but DK was definitely sold in stores.

Tempest

Thanks I could never find whether they continued to make DK or not (obviously they did). I only paid $2 for the three (probably over paid). I bought it out of curiosity. Probably going to go on my garage sale in a couple weeks.

Edited by TikkiBeard

The game version on the data tape plays a bit better than the CV version IMO. I've always liked it. I really like the way it is packaged for the ADAM. The data tapes come in a box that is shaped like an arcade machine. Very sharp. I've got 2-3 unopened games for the ADAM in boxes like that.

I got these at a flea-market a while back. I know absolutely zip about the Colecovision .....and even less about the ADAM and these tapes. I scoured the forums and the Google and cant find crap on them. Wikipedia says "Coleco had to agree not to sell the Adam version of Donkey Kong." but thats Wikipedia (god now i sound like my teachers) So I give up are these worth anything? i didn't pay a lot for them...so I'm not out too much. I'm not a flipper but I've got no use for these other than a conversation piece.... WHICH I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN!!! lol. anyhow.....

PM sent, I'd be interested in the tape because of the 200+ tapes I own, I dont have an original of that one.