IGNORED

Pac Man 30th B-Day on Google.com - Playable too!

Parrothead

Here's an article about it:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20005528-52.html

Here's the background image:

post-13-127445478706_thumb.png

I downloaded pacman10-hp.2.js and pacman10-hp-sound.swf and pacman10-hp.png and pacman10-hp-sprite.png and grabbed code from the page, but I don't know enough about that stuff to get it to work.

Edited by Random Terrain

Just got to the second bell stage with a score of 53480. Once it gets going really fast it's too hard to control with a crappy little keyboard. The collision detection is a bit dodgy too as I passed through ghosts several times unharmed. It's neat that they did that though.

Tempest

Just noticed this. I went went to drag and drop the logo onto my desktop (because I like to keep cool Google logos) and was totally surprised when it started to play! :D :thumbsup:

Anyone figured out how to save/archive that? Tomorrow it will propably be gone, and that's a shame.

Not that I wanted Google to run this thing all the time, but it would be nice to be able to show people this at a later date, if they have missed it... or even if they didn't, like "still remember when Google did this?"

Edited by Herbarius

I was at a Best Buy today and tried it on an iPad and it worked perfectly. Pretty cool....proves you don't always need to use Flash.

The sound is in a swf file, so it kind of uses Flash. :D

There's an article here that talks about how everything but the sound works on an iPad or iPhone...

Just got to the second bell stage with a score of 53480. Once it gets going really fast it's too hard to control with a crappy little keyboard. The collision detection is a bit dodgy too as I passed through ghosts several times unharmed. It's neat that they did that though.

Tempest

I am having a tough time also with my keyboard. I have not run into any bad collision detection yet, I wish I could though. Is there anyway to download this? Nevermind my answer has been addressed by Trekmd.

Edited by ericwierson

How smooth is it running on other computers? On mine, it runs like a puppy humping your leg. Everything moves in one second pulses.

Runs pretty smooth here, there is some hiccups (sp) occasionally. It has not affected my gameplay too bad, but I never was any good anyway.

How smooth is it running on other computers? On mine, it runs like a puppy humping your leg. Everything moves in one second pulses.

Runs pretty smooth here, there is some hiccups (sp) occasionally. It has not affected my gameplay too bad, but I never was any good anyway.

OK, must be my computer then. Too old or too many things running at the same time or both.

Thanks.

Man, I hate to sound like a Google fanboy, but that is just so cool! :lust:

Whoever programmed it was a true Pac-Man fan, too, because it even has the controls right - You can press and let go of a direction key and when the Pac-Man gets to the next available turn in that direction, he'll take the turn! Most Pac-Man ports leave out that little detail. IMHO that is an essential component if you want to make a faithful Pac-Man port.

Truly Awesome! :thumbsup:

-tet