5-11under

DIY modifications for ColecoVision

My DIY composite mod is $29 shipped in the USA and comes with cord. Info in my marketplace thread.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/172279-yurkies-colecovision-hardware-mods-feb-2014-blinking-pause-mod-led/

You get the module and the cord. Solder 4 wires in place, drill one hole and trim a little metal on the shielding. PDF Instructions link in my Marketplace thread linked above.

post-23318-0-03153400-1392831891_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-99129400-1392831918_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Pause Mod: :) The easiest way to view the image is click on it and then save the image to your desktop and then open it with a picture editor. This site doesn't seem to let you display images at their full size.

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/10335-colecovision-pause-mod-example/

Also, note there is more than just 1 place you could solder the Audio Out line to in the link above. This is just 1 way to do it.

This is for options of locations on the board for where you can do the line for the Pause "Wait" portion of the mod:

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/10319-colecovision-pause-location-options/

If anyone has an easier way to do this, please post.

• Like 3

I have 3 colecovisions which all have some sort of issue. I decided I'd sacrifice the worst looking one and try to do a composite AV mod (as well as power switch cleaning). I grabbed 5-11 under's instructions and went to Radio Shack.

Grabbed the potentiometer and transistor no problem, but didn't know which resistor to get. They come in various wattages and I didn't know which watt I should get.

Help?

I have 3 colecovisions which all have some sort of issue. I decided I'd sacrifice the worst looking one and try to do a composite AV mod (as well as power switch cleaning). I grabbed 5-11 under's instructions and went to Radio Shack.

Grabbed the potentiometer and transistor no problem, but didn't know which resistor to get. They come in various wattages and I didn't know which watt I should get.

Help?

1/4 Watt (or anything higher, such as 1/2 or 1 Watt, etc.) will be good.

Also, if you need to substitute parts, there's equations online for that (to double the resistance value, put two the same in series; to halve the resistance value, put two the same in parallel).