IGNORED

Think I got a good deal on this?

jmetal88

I'm pretty satisfied with how this turned out, but I'm a bit curious as to how you guys see it:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304769760651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230476976065&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Incidentally, it went for exactly my maximum bid. I have no idea what these are supposed to be worth, I only know I won it for half as much as what I got when I sold my old 5200 (that bundle was a 2 port with 4 games and a 2600 adapter).

I'm pretty satisfied with how this turned out, but I'm a bit curious as to how you guys see it:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304769760651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230476976065&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Incidentally, it went for exactly my maximum bid. I have no idea what these are supposed to be worth, I only know I won it for half as much as what I got when I sold my old 5200 (that bundle was a 2 port with 4 games and a 2600 adapter).

Great deal in my opinion.

Cool. :)

I just never have been able to figure out too much about the 4-port version.

It's still not as good a deal as I got on my first 5200, though. That one I got at a garage sale complete in box for $10. Probably the best find I've ever made, gaming-wise, and I made $40 on it when I decided I had to sell it.

Yeah, decent enough deal. If those controllers both work 100%, I will eat one of my original bad 5200 controllers. Just trying to be realistic. Look for one of the many threads around here about either the best, but expensive option (buying Best Gold controllers), or one of the many workable hacks to make them work again.

I'm not worried about the controllers. I had to fix both of the controllers that came with my first 5200, and I was able to do it with stuff in my garage. :)

Oh, great, you're experienced then! That sure helps. So many people new to the 5200 controllers are befuddled by what to do to make them work.

I'm not worried about the controllers. I had to fix both of the controllers that came with my first 5200, and I was able to do it with stuff in my garage. :)

Oh, great, you're experienced then! That sure helps. So many people new to the 5200 controllers are befuddled by what to do to make them work.

Yeah, I know. Actually, I just had a great idea that I didn't try with the old system. Radio Shack sells a 'conductive pen' for repairing circuit board traces. I bet it'd help quite a bit if I colored over the carbon dots with that.

Yeah, I know. Actually, I just had a great idea that I didn't try with the old system. Radio Shack sells a 'conductive pen' for repairing circuit board traces. I bet it'd help quite a bit if I colored over the carbon dots with that.

:lol:

I just now realized there's a thread on the front page with this that recommends exactly that.

Whoa, could one actually draw circuits? beats the hell out of wire wrap!

Probably not for any serious project, but for a fun art piece or something.

Well, I got the unit in today. It's definitely working, and the RF box is in great shape (I don't think I'll need to composite mod this even, the picture's so clear). Unfortunately the seller neglected to mention two things. First of all, the expansion port cover is missing. Second, one of the controllers is missing a fire button. Now, I don't care so much about the expansion port cover, but I sent the guy an e-mail asking for a $2.50 refund to cover the cost of a new set of fire buttons. Not that $2.50 is too much for me to cover, but I need to establish this guy is willing to correct problems with his sales before I can leave positive feedback.

EDIT: Got a refund of $3 even, so I left the guy a positive feedback. The man stands by his items. :)

Edited by jmetal88