IGNORED

What's your favorite paddle compatable game?

farquh

+1 for Solar Storm and Astroblast. They definitely put the paddles to a far different use compared to the likes of Kaboom and Breakout.

the only gripe I have about Solar Storm is the number of instant kills you're subject to.

For uniqueness of control mechanism, Steeplechase deserves a mention.

We actually busted out beat-em-and-eat-em at a party this week. Got some pretty good laughs at it. The sound of jizz hitting the sidewalk was nice (never heard it in real life to compare). The discreet faux-leather carrying case really drives it home. Ironically, the only people who could identify it for what it was from farther away than a foot could identify it just as easily inside the case. Pretty disgusting graphics, actually, especially the lines around the women's mouths (lipstick?) at the end of a wave.

My friend is really good at it for some reason. He claims it's because he's good at kaboom, but I have my doubts.

• Like 1

I want one! But I require PAL format ...

Sorry, I haven't got the magic to accomplish that. :)

The confusing thing is that while half my cartridges have PAL on them, the rest dont have any indication of PAL or NTSC so this makes me wonder if it even matters at all! :?

It does matter. PAL cartridges produce a 50 Hz picture, while NTSC carts run at 60 Hz. Most PAL televisions can handle a 60 Hz picture, but most NTSC televisions choke on a 50 Hz picture with vertical rolling. Also, the PAL and NTSC consoles' circuitry have different colo(u)r pallettes. Playing a PAL cartridge on an NTSC system (or vice-versa) will give incorrect colors.

It does matter. PAL cartridges produce a 50 Hz picture, while NTSC carts run at 60 Hz. Most PAL televisions can handle a 60 Hz picture, but most NTSC televisions choke on a 50 Hz picture with vertical rolling. Also, the PAL and NTSC consoles' circuitry have different colo(u)r pallettes. Playing a PAL cartridge on an NTSC system (or vice-versa) will give incorrect colors.

Oh thankyou for the clarification, so if I play an NTSC cartridge on my PAL equipment it will most likely just be funny colours ... maybe thats why the walls are purple in pitfall :lol:

Edited by JingleJoe

Kaboom! Finally being able to play this with a paddle was one of the main reasons I got an Atari. (My first time playing it was an unplayable mess on Activision Anthology (PS2).)

Warlords and Circus Atari are close second and third.

I'll give Demons to Diamonds another chance later but I find it hard to really get into.

And now I wanna try Tac-Scan and Solar Storm.