IGNORED

What's your favorite paddle compatable game?

farquh

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To all of those who ranked Kaboom high, and especially to those that put it first, thanks. But I must warn you that playing Kaboom for long periods can open a small wormhole to 1981 and, if you fall through, you will have to live in a world with no iPod, iPhone, iPad or iNternet. The first 1G network is installed but cell phones weigh two pounds. The only computers are the Apple II, Commodore 64, TRS 80 and the Atari 800. VHS is king but you have to go to a store to pick up a movie to watch at home. The top grossing theater movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark. Harrison Ford has dark hair and he doesn't know Sean Connery is going to be his father. Calista Flockhart is still in high school. Ronald Reagan is president and Elijah Wood is born. And the VCS is just called the VCS.

On the good side, your paddle controllers for the VCS are new and not worn out yet.

For those who didn't rank Kaboom at all, you will have to play E.T. blindfolded until you beat it.

Larry

• Like 1

To all of those who ranked Kaboom high, and especially to those that put it first, thanks. But I must warn you that playing Kaboom for long periods can open a small wormhole to 1981 and, if you fall through, you will have to live in a world with no iPod, iPhone, iPad or iNternet. The first 1G network is installed but cell phones weigh two pounds. The only computers are the Apple II, Commodore 64, TRS 80 and the Atari 800. VHS is king but you have to go to a store to pick up a movie to watch at home. The top grossing theater movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark. Harrison Ford has dark hair and he doesn't know Sean Connery is going to be his father. Calista Flockhart is still in high school. Ronald Reagan is president and Elijah Wood is born. And the VCS is just called the VCS.

On the good side, your paddle controllers for the VCS are new and not worn out yet.

For those who didn't rank Kaboom at all, you will have to play E.T. blindfolded until you beat it.

Larry

:lol:

That's too funny!

Although, with the way the world is now, if I really could open a wormhole to 1981, I think I'd jump right in! And then I'd go straight to your office at Activision and say "hey, Larry, I've got a great idea for this game called Tetris..."

• Like 1

@Larry - Welcome to the forums! Personally I think Bridge is way better than Kaboom. Yes, I kid. Both are great.

Thanks for Kaboom! Especially the seizures after playing for 4 hours. (more kidding)

This forum needs an emoticon using the bombers 10,000 point face. What I like to call, the "oh face".

Larry

In 1981, I had a TRS80 and would shortly be buying a Commodore 64, and who cares about the internet (I still use a dictionary and a paper map to get around), or Apple products: 3x5 cards still do what I need.

Also, by 1982, I was pretty much playing Kaboom! daily (29 years hasn't really made me much better at it, though).

@Larry - Welcome to the forums! Personally I think Bridge is way better than Kaboom. Yes, I kid. Both are great.

Thanks for Kaboom! Especially the seizures after playing for 4 hours. (more kidding)

This forum needs an emoticon using the bombers 10,000 point face. What I like to call, the "oh face".

Heheh, seizures. Actually I have a little buzz from playing Kaboom! I don't feel a seizure coming on at all ...(even when playing a lot) because the way the bombs move in a haze doesn't bother my eyes.

Fast Food is the game I feel near seizures playing. The graphics fly by without any give to your eyes, so you wanna puke after only 800 points. :P

There's a special face after 10ks? I never see it because my top score is about 1,700.

Yet I am excellent at Stampede and just about every other Activision game lol. Kaboom, I got first time in 1992? From my grandmothers friend at a senior citizens appt building.

He let me have 2 free games out of about 30. I choose Kaboom... ;) Made good use of my paddles...

I would use that emoticon everywhere.