IGNORED

RXB - Rich Extended Basic

Bones-69

Rich,

I'm just watching your videos now. You really have done a fantastic job with this!

I'm lucky. I use TF as a batch processor every day. Most BASIC users won't be aware of just how powerful a feature it is. Now they can tap into that power via RXB. The ability to write programs that write programs (and save them) is a massively powerful feature.

Seriously - hats off man. You realled nailed this.

Will you be doing a cart run when the GROM capable cart board is released? Could RXB be loaded into a HSGPL?

Mark

• Like 1

Rich,

I'm just watching your videos now. You really have done a fantastic job with this!

I'm lucky. I use TF as a batch processor every day. Most BASIC users won't be aware of just how powerful a feature it is. Now they can tap into that power via RXB. The ability to write programs that write programs (and save them) is a massively powerful feature.

Seriously - hats off man. You realled nailed this.

Will you be doing a cart run when the GROM capable cart board is released? Could RXB be loaded into a HSGPL?

Mark

I have loaded earlier versions of RXB into a HSGPL card. It is not too difficult to do.

Jacques

I watched the first demo and I'm really impressed. The AMS usage and the bload/bsave looks interesting.

So If I understand correctly RXB2012 will run on a gram kracker? I have one, but unfortunately is has a broken gram. It always used to hang when running the plain extended basic module.

Looking forward looking at the other videos later.

Well RXB 2001 will run 99% of all the BLOAD and BSAVE or AMSBANK demos I have shown. RXB 2000 had all these features so only CALL MOVES has changed.

Hope you get your GRAM device working ok. If not you can use Classic99 and run RXB 2001 or 2012 soon. Or some other emulator.

• 3 weeks later...

Very very nice work Richard :)

As you know I have upload access to ftp.whtech.com so I created an RXB area under /programming and moved all the zips I could find on whtech over there + added 2012..

Anything else you or anyone else wants up there just lmk.

Greg

BBS - http://www.thekeep.net telnet:thekeep.net (dial out access to the last 2 TI BBS's around!)

arcadeshopper.com

• 2 weeks later...

Some RXB 2012 and REA 2012 questions.

A few days ago I converted the GRAM versions of both of these programs to SNUG format and loaded both on my HSGPL card. RXB 2012 together with REA 2011 are on bank 2, >9804. REA 2012 is loaded in bank >A at >9828.

1 - If I run RXB it does not seem to recognize the DSK1.LOAD file which is on the RXB XB program file. The RXB just keeps cycling looking for a LOAD file.

2 - If I run REA 2011 and select 7 for DIRECTORY I have no problem accessing any of the drives on my two HRD cars. However I cannot access DSK1 or DSK2. The listing header appears on the screen showing the Disk name, Files000, Free 210 and Used 148. The column titles are shown and nothing else. The console locks up and has to be turned off and then on to resume usage.REA 2012 has the same problem.

3 - If I run RXB 2012 and try to go to command mode the screen becomes multi-colour and the console locks up.

I have run RXB 2001 from my HSGPL card in the past and now I was looking forward to using RXB and REA 2012 because I felt it would free up a few HSGPL banks and also avoid my having to keep some files on my HRD. I should mention that I use a BwG disk controller and I have a Rave 99 keyboard.

Edited by jacquesg

Jacquesg

Do you have the ROMs from RXB 2001 loaded in the same bank as the ROMs page of >9804

It is my understanding that the HSGPL card has ROM/RAM banks for each page of GRAM >9800 to >983C

I got this to work on Classic99 just fine. But other GRAM devices to not have a RAM/ROM page per each GRAM/GROM page.

You can not do the SUPERCART on GRAMKRACKER, GRAMULATOR, PGRAM or any other then the HSGPL card or Emulators.

The Idea was to put REA 2012 in GRAM page 1 >9800 with a Supercart RAM, then put RXB in >9804 with RXB ROMs in the same page.

The reason I did this is 99% of people using Assembly want REA and Supercart to work and it will not work in other pages as everyone wrote the their software to only work in the >9800 page.

RXB is not so picky and can be in any page of course unless you have the same kind of program problem.

I should add you can do this with PC99 also and it works fine as every page of GRAM/GROM has 2 ROM pages so you could load 16 XB or RXB modules.

(or 16 combinations of REA and RXB and XB)

Edited by RXB

I will clear out the second bank >9804, load the RXB 2001 files there and then load RXB 2012 on top of them. For a variety of reasons I did not want REA 2012 in the first bank, but I will address that again if I can get RXB 2012 working properly. I will report back after I have made these changes.

Jacques

Rich,

Loading over 2001 worked fine. Now I can finish transferring the BATCH and AMS demo files to my TI-99/4A and learn something from the demo files and the manual.

BTW is there any way of changing the colours of the RXB start up screen? I use an old TV set as my monitor and a black screen tends to be very noisy.

Thank you for the help,

Jacques

I have now moved on to trying to run the BATCH file DEMO. I appreciate that the BATCH file is an extremely long example intended to cover many features of RXB.

I think that the BATCH file contains an error that causes RXB to exit the running of BATCH. I loaded the file in TIW to get line numbers.

Line 280 reads as follows: CALL RENAME("DSK1.",""TEST","PGM","DSK1.","TEST2","PGM2")

Line 303 reads as follows: CALL FCOPY("DSK1.","TEST2","DSK1.","TEST3")

Since line 280 has renamed TEST2 to PGM2 then line 303 cannot copy TEST2 to TEST3.

At this point RXB shows its cursor and obviously has left BATCH processing. Is the only option at this point to press QUIT, delete all RXB files that have been created so far (except BATCH) and start over again? I considered leaving the files that had already been created on DSK1 but I think that this causes a problem with line 280. A FILE ERROR message is displayed, I suppose because files named PGM and PGM2 are already on the disk.

I will continue trying to run BATCH to its conclusion and I may even break the file down into more manageable pieces.

You may have hit upon something I could not test on Classic99 and missed. So I think you are correct in fixing the Batch file.

If you change the 303 to CALL FCOPY("DSK1.","PGM2","DSK1.",PGM3") using FW, or TIWriter or any Text Editor that keeps the CR.

That should fix the problem. (You know you can use Notepad to do the fix combined with TIDIR.)