IGNORED

RXB - Rich Extended Basic

Bones-69

Keep us posted, for sure! Id like to have a physical copy of RevC in my cart case.

OMG I finally got both to work!

A final change and now the REDO key works or CALL USER works using the same buffer for both.

And now working on fixing the menu system.

• Like 9

Rich,

OUTSTANDING!

What a great improvement! Kudos to you for responding to requests from users of your product to make it a better product! And everything works as it should! Thanks for bringing back the REDO key!

You get it. Very nice, Dude. :)

Thank you,

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 1

Rich,

OUTSTANDING!

What a great improvement! Kudos to you for responding to requests from users of your product to make it a better product! And everything works as it should! Thanks for bringing back the REDO key!

You get it. Very nice, Dude. :)

Thank you,

Gazoo

Thank you Gazoo!

It took quite a few more weeks then I thought and was much more complicated then I first thought!

• Like 1

Nice. Rich, do you know if the latest versions works with the Geneve? Gazoo have you tested it by chance?

I see no reasons why it should not work just like RXB 2001 or RXB 2012 with Geneve as long as you use the INCLUDED MODIFIED ROMs for Geneve.

• 2 weeks later...

I've loaded rxb into my gk and have found that boot does not recognize that xb is present. I have ran a directory from boot and it will not allow an x to be placed to run an xb program. Anybody else have an issue with this or is it just my screwy setup?

Ralph

you have any step by step to get it on a Ubergrom board?

copy the tifiles headered grams from the rxbgrams directory.. rxb rxb1 through rxb6

convert to the TI for me that was using tidir to make them v9t9 format instead of tifiles then copying to my HDX files dir then moving them to the nanopeb ti..

load gromcfg on the TI with the ubergrom installed, I was upgrading a already RXBd cart so it was easy, if you are making a stock one you have to figure out how to get the data into the 512k flash rom yourself (burner, etc) this data hasn't changed in RXB so an older image works fine I believe. There is no way to flash this rom from the TI at this time. only GROM

groms are set up in first base as so:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qfsg-6kqqKiramaLjjYesf5QVuNa69mcROJ-a7J-7UE=w1268-h951-no

RXB6 is in gromslot 6, RXB5 is in slot 8, RXB4 in slot A, RXB3 in slot C, RXB2 in slot E

Set up the second base as so: (this prevents review module library)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kSZEJoepCGvZAmbn2f1jQd7F932maDNiQ1AvlxsUqcU=w1268-h951-no

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 2

copy the tifiles headered grams from the rxbgrams directory.. rxb rxb1 through rxb6

convert to the TI for me that was using tidir to make them v9t9 format instead of tifiles then copying to my HDX files dir then moving them to the nanopeb ti..

load gromcfg on the TI with the ubergrom installed, I was upgrading a already RXBd cart so it was easy, if you are making a stock one you have to figure out how to get the data into the 512k flash rom yourself (burner, etc) this data hasn't changed in RXB so an older image works fine I believe. There is no way to flash this rom from the TI at this time. only GROM

groms are set up in first base as so:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qfsg-6kqqKiramaLjjYesf5QVuNa69mcROJ-a7J-7UE=w1268-h951-no

RXB6 is in gromslot 6, RXB5 is in slot 8, RXB4 in slot A, RXB3 in slot C, RXB2 in slot E

Set up the second base as so: (this prevents review module library)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kSZEJoepCGvZAmbn2f1jQd7F932maDNiQ1AvlxsUqcU=w1268-h951-no

great. I got another ubergrom board. the specs for my GQ-4X claim it can program the 512k flash rom. we will see.

• Like 1

Thank you all!

If you think you have found any errors or bugs please let me know and I will fix then in version RXB 2015E

Hi Rich.

Is the NO MENU option supposed to run 'DSK1.LOAD' or go right to the prompt? I assumed it would run LOAD but it goes right to the prompt for me.

Thanks,

Gazoo

Hi Rich.

Is the NO MENU option supposed to run 'DSK1.LOAD' or go right to the prompt? I assumed it would run LOAD but it goes right to the prompt for me.

Thanks,

Gazoo

Hey Gazoo!

RXB 2015 D NO MENU just goes to XB Command mode.

RXB since 2001 has a DSK#.LOAD search routine built in that searches for the XB LOAD program on drives 1 to 9 automatically if no drive is selected.

The Drive select and Search routine would not allow me to make a normal XB routine DSK1.LOAD but I suppose I could work on a RXB 2015 E with that feature.

I do not get why RXB has to look like normal XB?

NORMAL XB: Find DSK1.LOAD and run it.

RXB MENU: Find DSK1.LOAD and run it.

NORMAL XB: No DSK1.LOAD go to Command Mode.

RXB MENU: No DSK1.LOAD go to Command Mode. (Well no LOAD program on drives 1 to 9)

RXB NO MENU: Go to Command Mode.

RXB MENU: Press key for where DSK#.LOAD is and run it. (Any drive 1 to 9 or A to Z)

RXB MENU: Press Space Bar go to Command Mode. (Required user to push Space Bar)

RXB MENU: Press 0 (zero) key Find WDS1.LOAD and run it. (No other XB does this.)

Anyway what is the point when the user ends up EXACTLY AT THE SAME PLACE as normal XB?

I can work on this option but it required so many flags like LODFLG in RXB is Drive number, VDP >35D7 Menu/No Menu flag, PGMFLG is Program or Command mode,

I just have to really patch the hell out of RXB 2015 to get back the normal XB DSK1.LOAD as SEARCH is tied into that routine with many other flags.

I will work on it for you though.

Rich

Edited by RXB

Hi All,

Just as a heads-up.

I unpacked the software and attempted open in Classic99. The RBX/RBA menus did not show. Had to rename the file "RBXGBin" to "RBXG.bin" in the "RXB2015D\RXB CLASSIC99" folder then it all worked.

Thanks for this great software!

Ken.

• Like 1

I tried this from my UberGROM card with a working copy of RXB2012.

I loaded the disk image as DSK1 into my nanoPEB and booted into RXB.

The program ran, updating all the GROMs as it went, confirmed success but on a power-on reboot, I have lost the assembler but still have both RXB2012 options, neither of which work.

No sign of RXB2015 in the boot-menu.

Gazoo, are minipro programming files available for RXB2015? It looks like I'll need to bring out the TL866 to recover this, so I might as well burn RXB2015 direct to the ROMS instead of 2012+upgrade disk.

• 2 weeks later...

RXB2015.dsk

I never put together the programming files for RXB2015. It would be simple enough for you to do with a hex editor and the data file on the disk image, though. The attached dsk image has the improved BASICLOAD program which should work with any device that supports DSK1, so you can try flashing the cart in-console again...and again. I've heard it takes some people 2 times to get it done correctly.

Gazoo