IGNORED

Backup with UltraSatan

I would like to use my UltraSatan to backup various drives I have, both external (MegaFile30, SupraDrive) and internal (TT, Falcon, MegaSte). How would I do this and what software allows to backup the drive and restore it to its same config on another drive?? Example: the new Falcon I just got has the drive going bad. I want to backup the drive to the UltraSatan and restore it to a new drive. What software will do this?

I would like to use my UltraSatan to backup various drives I have, both external (MegaFile30, SupraDrive) and internal (TT, Falcon, MegaSte). How would I do this and what software allows to backup the drive and restore it to its same config on another drive?? Example: the new Falcon I just got has the drive going bad. I want to backup the drive to the UltraSatan and restore it to a new drive. What software will do this?

There is some Backup SW from Uwe Seimet, but it is not free.

However, first possible problem expectable is: will your existing drives will work well together with UltraSatan ?

In case of Falcon for sure not, because you can not use US with Falcon.

I think that doing backup on PC is better way. Of course, you need SCSI adapter in case of SCSI drives. Then just use some imaging SW to read source drive to image file, then write it to target (new drive). It is for case that drives are of same capacity. If capacity is not same you may be in trouble if not using DOS compatible partitioning.

But it is still possible on PC - I will not go now in all details.