IGNORED

The "Space Armada" thread

I never get too far in games, so probably a good idea for someone with first hand experience of game endings to start the thread, and perhaps, rather than word descriptions, post short videos of the later game stages? Doesn't matter if via emulator or original game cart, as long as not from the plug'n'plays as those game variations are crap in comparison to the real game.

The problem is most INTV games never end... or if they do they are sooo far out the odds of seeing someone complete it is nearly impossible (like Vectron's 100 levels)

I bet you there are lots of "mysteries" in Space Armada's (very) late levels that few have seen...

• 12 years later...
On 5/28/2010 at 6:41 PM, cmart604 said:

I don't mind Armada other than finding the aliens rather large for the screen. I'd have preferred if they were a bit smaller.

There was a T-card floating around for which some of the higher levels did have smaller aliens. Graphics takes space, and the suits wouldn't go for a 6K cartridge. Oh, and you might have found it rather difficult to hit smaller aliens in the invisible modes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Walter Ives said:

There was a T-card floating around for which some of the higher levels did have smaller aliens. Graphics takes space, and the suits wouldn't go for a 6K cartridge. Oh, and you might have found it rather difficult to hit smaller aliens in the invisible modes.

Thanks to David's Midnight Magic and many weekends as well, it exists now!

Sorry David, you do some magical updates to the old favorites.  Plus I loved that game on the Commodore 64 BITD.  ;)

On 6/3/2010 at 4:59 PM, rhindlethereddragon said:

I bet you there are lots of "mysteries" in Space Armada's (very) late levels that few have seen...

After the two all invisible rounds there is a fast greenish bomb that shoots at the cannon, then the final mystery is the red saucer descends to devour the three barriers and it will dive bomb and attack the cannon as well after that though there are no more mysteries. The armada just gets faster with each wave. I recently bought Space Invaders for the Inty and like it alot. 👍