IGNORED

Trying to identify a CX40 variant

eatenbygrues

So I recently came across a CX40 I had never seen before. It looks like your typical 40 except it's completely black (including the circle at the base) and the button looks more red than orange. The big difference is in the way it handles, there is a distinct click when you hit a direction (not a strong as a microswitch but you can still feel it). It's really an excellent stick.

Now maybe it's just because I have never used a 'new' CX40 but the other 4 I have are either extremely stiff or really mushy feeling compared to this one. None of them have that distinct click if you hit a direction.

Is this some sort of a third party reproduction? I bought it at a local used game store (which carries atari stuff) and they had it in an unmarked white box. The store clerk had no idea who the distributor was for it. I'm trying to figure out where he got it from.

If anyone wants I can take a picture of it when I get home but it looks like a CX40.

Mhh I always thought of the button being red... Yes, okay, maybe it could be even more red, but as there's only one button, "red" is quite okay... It's not like there is a second button that is really red, then of course you'd have to call the orangish-red button "orange" to differentiate.

Am I making sense? No offense intended, but in my experience, women do not handle colors that way ;) My mother always hated it when I called something that was cyan "blue", and I never got what the deal was, it's not like I would have done this when having to differentiate between a cyan and a proper blue bowl or something.

Edited by Herbarius

Is it the same as this? eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3102235867221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310223586722&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

They're just repros of the the Darth/Jr. joysticks. I don't know who exactly makes them, but I believe they're Chinese-made. There was a thread about them a while back, I think.

Ah thats it! Same box too. It's actually a pretty nice stick despite being a knock-off.