IGNORED

Ebay Blocked Bidders

I have a bidder for 2 of my eBay auctions that is in Venezuela, and hasn't bought or sold anything in 5 years.

What do you normally do when this happens?

These are the auctions that he is bidding on.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506434028861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250643402886&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506433903501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250643390350&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

And why isn't anybody bidding on this one?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506445865961?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250644586596&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks for any tips you can give me :):)

Just emailed the bidder with this...

Dear ******,

I will not be able to fulfill your order on my Intellivision games.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250643390350

http://cgi.ebay.comhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250643402886

The reasons being that your account has been dormant for 5 years, and the international shipping address make this transaction suspect.

Please feel free to contact me regarding shipping costs through an account that is currently active, and has positive feedback within the last month and I will reconsider.

Regards, Ron<br style=""> <br style="">

I wouldn't worry about World Series, Jetsons and Melody Blaster, I suspect they'll end higher. icon_wink.gif

As for Basic, as mentioned you can get this one pretty cheap from Venezuela ironically.icon_mrgreen.gif

Your response to him seems reasonable.

I pulled my Mr. Basic, best to keep it I figure.

The bidder emaile dme back saying he has 4 purchases on teh way, and will relect on his ffedback soon, he sent me the link to the auctions, and is truthful.

Fingers crossed he doesn't win the auctions though.....would really like to keep these games in Canada ;););)

I pulled my Mr. Basic, best to keep it I figure.

The bidder emaile dme back saying he has 4 purchases on teh way, and will relect on his ffedback soon, he sent me the link to the auctions, and is truthful.

Fingers crossed he doesn't win the auctions though.....would really like to keep these games in Canada icon_wink.gif;)icon_wink.gif

You should end up with a few bucks to build your INTV collection with, and yes these might just end up staying in Canada.icon_mrgreen.gif

And why isn't anybody bidding on this one?

1. Some people like to bid on things at the last minute.

2. There are a lot of people (especially people from Venezuela) selling sealed copies of this title as we speak. I bought one myself a few months back. It's one of the more common ECS games.

That and the s&h in that one auction is $16.

I don't mind payin' for a good packaging job but $16 for one game is on the excessive side, imo.

Yesterday I saw an unboxed copy of River Raid here in Canada with bidding starting at $5. Out of curiosity I asked the seller in Quebec how much to ship to BC. He wants $11 US!! You can put a common 2600 cart in a bubbelope and ship it for about $3 anywhere in Canada.

I don't remember the steps, but you can block all bidders from outside the countries you select. That works a lot better than trying to deal with it after the fact. You can still make individual bidders exempt after they contact you, if you wish.

I don't remember the steps, but you can block all bidders from outside the countries you select. That works a lot better than trying to deal with it after the fact. You can still make individual bidders exempt after they contact you, if you wish.

I noticed that, and will make sure this is enabled for future auctions.

This was the first auction in quite some time, and definitely the first time anybody from outside North America has bid on one of my auctions.

I could put a mint NIB sealed World Series MLB in a bubble bag and ship it for about $5 too, but can't guarantee how it looks when you get it.....

Would you charge $11 to ship an unboxed copy of River Raid?

I could put a mint NIB sealed World Series MLB in a bubble bag and ship it for about $5 too, but can't guarantee how it looks when you get it.....

Would you charge $11 to ship an unboxed copy of River Raid?

No, the bubble wrap will protect a cart just fine, so shipping would be approx $4-5 including the packaging (just a guess).

The problem with bubble wrap it it won't prevent the corners of boxes from getting bent, or the box from getting flattened by a heavy parcel parked next to it in shipping.

Yesterday I saw an unboxed copy of River Raid here in Canada with bidding starting at $5. Out of curiosity I asked the seller in Quebec how much to ship to BC. He wants $11 US!! You can put a common 2600 cart in a bubbelope and ship it for about $3 anywhere in Canada.

He wants it in USD, even though he's in Quebec? If for some reason he ships from the US, then $11 makes some sense. That's the postage for a small flat-rate Priority Mail box to Canada.

First Class is cheaper, but he might not trust it or think it's too slow.

It looks like your auctions ended up pretty well! Congratulations!

BTW, let me know if you'll have a good Intv for sale in the near future... and don't block me if I bid! icon_razz.gif (I'm still at 0 and far, far away... icon_sad.gif )

Congrats on these! I must admit I didn't think they'd go quite that high, good for you! icon_smile.gif

Anyone want to own up to winning any of these?icon_shades.gif

Edited by cmart604

Hello,

I´m also from Venezuela and i´m sure your bidder blocked was a friend of mine, We just get our hands in a couple (one for each) of Music Sintethizer never usesd in Box, the only way to tets those are with melody blaster. I think hes mistake was not to change the shipping addres in ebay, We normally use a Courier in Miami, so you only ship there, and we take car the rest of the way, And like other user says, there´s a lot of New/Sealed Items from Venezuela (I have a bunch to trade) there are some Warehouses discovered with good stuff, but not all the games can be found here, I can tell you for sure, that there are more Games leaving the country to the U.S. & Canada, that the ones coming in!, so be nice to Venezuela we gave you more than we recieve, and there are sellers who refuse to sell locally to prefer ebay (I still don´t have an ECS, but dozens was sell form my country).

This is what i have to trade, more coming up:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/164540-trade-newsealed-games-and-consoles-for-intellivisionmn/

Ed.

Ed,

I have no problem shipping to Venezuela, the problem was the fact that the buyer had zero feedback for 5 years. This, combined with the International address made the transaction not desirable.

If I get a bid from Venezuela from a buyer with 50+ feedback, I will not hesitate to ship.

Cheers, Ron :)

Ed,

I have no problem shipping to Venezuela, the problem was the fact that the buyer had zero feedback for 5 years. This, combined with the International address made the transaction not desirable.

If I get a bid from Venezuela from a buyer with 50+ feedback, I will not hesitate to ship.

Cheers, Ron icon_smile.gif

Ron,

I know what you mean, but if all the ebay sellers think like that, no new users could exists, they will stay in 0 rfeedback forever. but anyway the auctions came very expensive, My friend will never bid that high, in 500$ on games is better to be safe I understand. and the Mr. Basic was for combine shipping, In Vnezuela some sellers refuses to sell locally, only Ebay and sometimes is cheaper to win an auction of 1$ and combine ship, and he find one already.

Cheers, Ed.

In Vnezuela some sellers refuses to sell locally, only Ebay and sometimes is cheaper to win an auction of 1$ and combine ship, and he find one already.

why?

They get $$ who are very scarse due to a Exchange control, I miss some items like He-man sealed in two box versions and the ECS, it seems they don´t have any stock rigth now, most of them even don´t publish in the local ebay (not called ebay, but owned by).