IGNORED

The New Donkey Kong "Arcade" For 8-Bit

Kjmann

Does Landon know about this?

Tempest

LOL. I'm not even sure how to get a hold of him. although I would love to just BS with him for a while. after reading his "Dad Hacker" pages, I would love to pick his brain and just listen to him talk about his Atari experiences (among other things he has done).

Don't get me wrong. Landons Original version was awesome, but we thought the sound deserved an upgrade and we really needed to fix the collision detection on Marios head. it was too easy to jump and get killed during the Barrels Level. especially at the top of the screen on the level below kong, just before you climb that last ladder. =)

In the original arcade, the top half of Marios head is not affected by passing barrels.

Hey I dig it! :)

Not to change the subject but to me it just brings to mind the possibility of changing 5200/8-bit Pengo to have the "Popcorn" music instead of what it has now. :ponder:

I LIKE IT!!!

We Just Finished updating this game. We Replaced ALL the Sounds and Music. =)

We Also Fixed the Collision Detection so Mario can not hit his head on barrels that are above him as easily.

Click here to see a YouTube Video of the game in Action.

That is neat. Keep me in mind if are going to sell this and make a cart.

We Just Finished updating this game. We Replaced ALL the Sounds and Music. =)

We Also Fixed the Collision Detection so Mario can not hit his head on barrels that are above him as easily.

Click here to see a YouTube Video of the game in Action.

That is neat. Keep me in mind if are going to sell this and make a cart.

It is listed on my store web page in the new releases section for sale.

Tempest

LOL. I'm not even sure how to get a hold of him. although I would love to just BS with him for a while. after reading his "Dad Hacker" pages, I would love to pick his brain and just listen to him talk about his Atari experiences (among other things he has done).

Don't get me wrong. Landons Original version was awesome, but we thought the sound deserved an upgrade and we really needed to fix the collision detection on Marios head. it was too easy to jump and get killed during the Barrels Level. especially at the top of the screen on the level below kong, just before you climb that last ladder. =)

In the original arcade, the top half of Marios head is not affected by passing barrels.

I think you can get ahold of him through his webpage there. He also frequents these forums from time to time. You might want to get his blessing before selling this. Although he has no legal ownership of it, he did write it and it would be considered a common courtesy to ask first.

Tempest

• Like 1

Tempest

I think you can get ahold of him through his webpage there. He also frequents these forums from time to time. You might want to get his blessing before selling this. Although he has no legal ownership of it, he did write it and it would be considered a common courtesy to ask first.

Tempest

Yeah. I did check. there is no email link or otherwise there. I don't think Landon will care. After all he did release the DK source code as a download on his page for anyone who wanted it.

=)

Tempest

Tempest

Yeah. I did check. there is no email link or otherwise there. I don't think Landon will care. After all he did release the DK source code as a download on his page for anyone who wanted it.

=)

Well, you are selling Blaster. Eugene Jarvis released this under the condition that nobody should sell it for profit.

Allan

Well, you are selling Blaster. Eugene Jarvis released this under the condition that nobody should sell it for profit.

Allan

If this is true please stop selling it immediately. Blaster was only provided to the community under the express condition that it not be sold for profit. By doing so you are violating the trust that Eugene put in the community.

Tempest

• Like 2

Allan

If this is true please stop selling it immediately. Blaster was only provided to the community under the express condition that it not be sold for profit. By doing so you are violating the trust that Eugene put in the community.

Tempest

I didn't get blaster from here.

In fact none of the games on my site were acquired from the atari age forums. I have three private sources that I get the games from. none of them are related to atari age or any other discussion forum.

Allan

Tempest

In fact none of the games on my site were acquired from the atari age forums. I have three private sources that I get the games from. none of them are related to atari age or any other discussion forum.

A. There's one prototype out there and it came from the programmer (via a friend of his). If you have another Blaster prototype I'd love to hear where you got it from.

B. It doesn't matter where you got Blaster from, the programmer said it was not to be sold for profit. Please respect his wishes.

Tempest

• Like 6

Allan

Tempest

A. There's one prototype out there and it came from the programmer (via a friend of his). If you have another Blaster prototype I'd love to hear where you got it from.

B. It doesn't matter where you got Blaster from, the programmer said it was not to be sold for profit. Please respect his wishes.

Tempest

Selling for profit on ebay probably wrong without permission. Should at least say games are reproductions and not originals. Misleading and surprised no one on ebay reports that kind of stuff. I for one think it's cool to tweak the games and make'em better but I'd only buy original :)

It's all good if you know what you are buying I guess!

• Like 1

Wow. Nice job. It's like an already great home made birthday cake, only with extra frosting and a stripper. :D

The original game still stands as the best home conversion ever. Love the sounds. I'm buying that when I get paid!

:thumbsup:

Tempest

I notice that kjmann is still selling unauthorized Blaster reproductions for $34.95 per copy. And I agree on Point B: his saying that he "didn't get Blaster from here" is a cop-out, and I think he knows it.

• Like 2