IGNORED

Is there a "SegaAge" like there is an AtariAge and NintendoAge?

Okay, everyone here knows that AtariAge is the go-to source for all things Atari, and NintendoAge is for all things Nintendo (particularly the NES). Is there an equivalent for all things Sega? That is, for those who love the Genesis and all the other Sega consoles, is there a go-to website/forum for that also?

I like this place http://www.sega-16.com/Home.php

i do believe if you look it up...SegaAge.com Exists as an entity owned by Dain. The same individual that owns NintendoAge.com???

Sega-16.com is a nice sega site, but not a lot of activity that isn't created by most of the AtariAge and other game forum individuals...

If it is sega you wish to chat about..post it in the classic gaming section ....

I'm sure you will find Sega gamers here as well as Atari of Course!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but isn't there any better Sega fan website besides Sega-16? One that is more intellectual and insightful but more relaxed and more accepting for non-serious posts?

From my experience it's a little more easy going on Sega-16 than AA in some respects... especially in the sense of going off topic. ;)

Don't let a few posts/threads throw you off. ;)

It's got a bunch of average retro gamers, many sega-specific, many general (like me), and their share of tech guys too.

Edited by kool kitty89

From my experience it's a little more easy going on Sega-16 than AA in some respects... especially in the sense of going off topic. ;)

Don't let a few posts/threads throw you off. ;)

It's got a bunch of average retro gamers, many sega-specific, many general (like me), and their share of tech guys too.

I enjoy Sega-16, but I do agree that there are a group of users over there who can take a little getting used to :-)

As a member of the Sega-16.com, I find it a nice place to read reviews....the buy/sell/trade area is a bit different than atariage and there is no real feedback there....kinda jumbled..AA is the best place to spend my forum browsing time....

Great people here...as Im not one for lengthy posts, I like to read others and see whats going on in the world of gaming. AA is the place to be!

It's not fun if you were chosen to be their butt monkey.

I agree. Sega-16 is full of trolls and flamers who like to gang up on people. If your opinion differs even slightly from the "peanut gallery" (their own chosen name, nothing I invented) then you are picked on continually. The site's owner, some guy who goes by "Melf" actually seems to allow and encourage it. I am surprised they continue to actually have a following over there.

It's not fun if you were chosen to be their butt monkey.

I agree. Sega-16 is full of trolls and flamers who like to gang up on people. If your opinion differs even slightly from the "peanut gallery" (their own chosen name, nothing I invented) then you are picked on continually. The site's owner, some guy who goes by "Melf" actually seems to allow and encourage it. I am surprised they continue to actually have a following over there.

I don't see that some much, I mean it's there, but once you get to know people and who has worthwhile posts etc, it makes plenty of sense.

In any case, it's often those arguing against the so-called peanut gallery who are more aggressive. (theedge got really weird and paranoid and was banned months ago and 17daysolderthanthenes couldn't tone it down and was recently banned too)

That and I don't recall cases of Melf doing that other that cases with actual discussions over things like Sega management, features articles, Sega of Japan vs America, Tom Kalinske, Michael Katz, STI, etc. (one other thing is a lack of moderators, pretty much just Melf and Joe Redifer, the 2 site admins handling things, but the latter is on there particularly often and ends up doing most of the policing -reminds me of a couple other forums I've been on that I rather like -including a WWII aviation history board)

There's plenty of valid posters, though I tend to focus more on the technical side of things a lot of the time (plenty of tech guys over there).

Honestly I've seen just as heated, if not more trollish stuff here on AA, especially if you've seen arguments involving the A8/Amiga/C64/ST, let alone Mac (PC's always in there too), or A8/5200/7800, CV/5200, Jack Tramiel, Nolan Bushnell, Jaguar gets a lot too, even Lynx to some extent. (I don't think anything on Sega-16 rivals that super long C64/A8 vs thread on AA)

I could name names too (and I did a bit on Sega-16 stuff already), but I'm not going there... (lest this turn into a flame thread ;))

Edited by kool kitty89

I never knew theedge over at Sega-16, but am surprised at 17daysolderthanthenes being recently banned. He tried to make everybody feel that they knew nothing and he knew everything. I am impressed that they are trying to clean things up a bit. Only really one (maybe two) others over there that I really cannot tolerate, but they shall remain nameless...

I never knew theedge over at Sega-16, but am surprised at 17daysolderthanthenes being recently banned. He tried to make everybody feel that they knew nothing and he knew everything. I am impressed that they are trying to clean things up a bit. Only really one (maybe two) others over there that I really cannot tolerate, but they shall remain nameless...

Yeah.. he had some good posts at times and was ok for some things, but really couldn't temper himself well and was indeed a bit full of himself.

I think I might come off that way at times given how I tend to correct things and be a bit argumentative, but really I'm more interested in a valid discussion and straightening the facts. (and would be more than happy to be corrected on my own errors -that's one way to learn... -though I also try to point out when I'm not exactly certain of something either) I've seen similar things happen on other forums too. (again the WWII aviation history one comes to mind)

Anyway, there's more problem people than that too... recently "oldschool" (started out OK then got really aggressive and derogatory -on a 1 month ban currently), but I don't think I should really get into that here.

Again, I've seen a lot of this kind of stuff on Atariage too (again, I'd rather avoid names), and it happens over both the consoles and computers, but probably more so with the computers. (Jaguar probably a bit more so, but for consoles it's generally the 5200 vs stuff that gets a bit aggressive -sometimes crossing over to the computers as well)

But A8 vs C64 or ST/Amiga, etc, etc can get pretty nasty, and not just "vs" type comparisons, but other topics that degrade into that kind of thing. (a while back there was a topic concerning programs working without an OS vs using DOS on the A8 forums and that one got pretty mangled too, not as drawn out as any of the C64/ST/A8/Amiga etc stuff)

• 4 months later...

Finally a REAL sega fansite! I got so tired of Melf and Joe Redifer turning the Sega Genesis into a totally gay system. All Joe and Melf ever did was make up fake technical shit about the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo, (stuff that could be proven wrong by JUST PLAYING A FREAKING GAME) and trolling anyone who disagrees with them.

The next time you visit Sega-16, tell both Joe and Melf I can kick both of their asses at 65816 ASM, and they should get rid of their inflated egos. They can't even get 100 sprites onscreen without loads and loads of slowdown. What a bunch of morons!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...