IGNORED

New TI Game: Sneak peek

adamantyr

Woo, Japanese style console RPG! Or possibly an early Ultima-like. Either way, it gets a :thumbsup:

Anything to keep from finishing the other one, eh? ;) (Just teasing you man - I wandered away from the four year hell of ToDR many times to work on stuff more immediately rewarding, so I understand the desire.)

Edited by The Codex

Working title: KnightQuest (Not the permanent title)

Type: Action/Adventure

Controls: Joystick primary, keyboard for secondary actions/switching

Requirements: TI-99/4a, 32k memory expansion, disk system

Synopsis: Explore the kingdom with the knight Sir Karl, seeking the mythical Grail that grants immortality

Features:

- Full multi-color sprite action

- Bitmap color maps, offering the best color resolution available

- Explore an overworld of forests, lakes, mountains and deserts

- Explore multiple dungeons for lost artifacts

- Collect and use multiple weapons to fight off enemies

- Solve puzzles and mysteries to reach new areas

- Boss monsters, including the dreaded "Black Knight"

• Like 1

I sure would like to do a full-screen action game within the LoBR universe framework... Perhaps even a prequel to the prequel "Helm of Wooldridge" by Codex. :) in this action/adventure/Zelda ripoff, the Beryl character could go through his weapons training with his mentor, Sir Markus the Valiant. It could essentially be Beryl as a kid learning to use all the weapons and whatnot. :) But that will come much later... Still have a game to build on the real LoBR front. :) Hopefully by next year---

Codex--- I am confident with your boundless programming talent that all 3 of the aforementioned programs/games will be complete soon. The only really important thing in this world, above all else.... Is the Beryl Reichardt universe. Eating, sleeping, family, friends, work, everything.... It should all be abolished until the BR universe is complete. :)

Working title: KnightQuest (Not the permanent title)

Type: Action/Adventure

Controls: Joystick primary, keyboard for secondary actions/switching

Requirements: TI-99/4a, 32k memory expansion, disk system

Synopsis: Explore the kingdom with the knight Sir Karl, seeking the mythical Grail that grants immortality

Features:

- Full multi-color sprite action

- Bitmap color maps, offering the best color resolution available

- Explore an overworld of forests, lakes, mountains and deserts

- Explore multiple dungeons for lost artifacts

- Collect and use multiple weapons to fight off enemies

- Solve puzzles and mysteries to reach new areas

- Boss monsters, including the dreaded "Black Knight"

Any chance you would consider a cartridge version too ? I mean 64K of ROM + 32K RAM ?

Any chance you would consider a cartridge version too ? I mean 64K of ROM + 32K RAM ?

Well, IF I had the memory expansion, it may be possible. I can't have just the scratchpad for RAM. It's a different architecture and requires a different approach. I'm not adverse to the idea, but I'd want the game working in a disk system first.

Since you'd have saved games like Zelda does, you would also need to have a battery back-up and a small amount of RAM in the cartridge for storage.

Adamantyr

Well-- I realize I'm very new to assembly--- but my plan is to go cart+diskette. It makes sense to come out as a package, allowing for disk access for data and then saving there as well. :). If you intend to do cart+disk, you leave yourself with just about every ounce of space, memory, and the rest. :)

I seriously wanted to release Lemonade Stand onto cassette. It was too large however. I could legitimately, and quite easily, cut it down to size.... I was a sloppy programmer and used probably twice the code I needed to complete the game. I can get it down to 12k I think. :)

Is this in addition to your CRPG project?

Yep, it's a detour of sorts. I really need to figure out how to use sprites effectively and efficiently in assembly language, and a more action-oriented game lets me figure that out. Then I can leverage it into my CRPG work.

Also, was playing Zelda and thinking 'I could write a TI original title based around this style of gameplay.'

Adamantyr

• 2 weeks later...

Is this in addition to your CRPG project?

Yep, it's a detour of sorts. I really need to figure out how to use sprites effectively and efficiently in assembly language, and a more action-oriented game lets me figure that out. Then I can leverage it into my CRPG work.

Adamantyr

I'm seriously hoping this side detour doesn't re-rail your CRPG project. But this does give my group time to get our CRPG done before yours. ;)