IGNORED

Vectrex games that use two controllers?

SRGilbert

Is there a list somewhere that shows which Vectrex games had the option of two player simultanious play with two controllers? The only one I know off hand is Armor Attack (great game by the way.)

I now have a second complete Vectrex and am trying to decide if I want to sell it or keep it as a backup and use the controller for two player games.

I'm pretty sure that Rip Off, Heads-up Soccer, and Blitz are the other two-player simultaneous games. As I recall, all of the other games (except 3D and light pen games) have a two-player alternating option. Don't know if you can access this with only one controller, so that might be a reason to keep a spare controller around. Of course, if it were me, I would not even think about selling the second Vectrex or the controller. You just know that yours would fail the second you sent that package off...

Original GCE/MB releases that have 2-player/2 controller game play:

Armor Attack

Rip-Off

Space Wars

Blitz

Heads-Up

Starhawk

Homebrews:

Not sure, but my new game Sectis has a 2-player cooperative mode (2 controllers).

• 8 years later...

Very old topic resurrection - but as this still pops up in searches - I've written a cart that has 10 (or more) 2 player competitive games and 1 cooperative game for the Vectrex. All these games are simultaneous multiplayer.

For more info, check out the page http://www.jubbernaut.com/?page_id=645

Cheers,

Robin

And great fun they are too!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chris Binarystar has been making some 2 player controller hacks of the original games.

Im working to install the new repro Vectrex circuit into my sit down Asterioids cocktail arcade game. So with a switch I can select Asteroids arcade or Vectrex. Because there are two sets of buttons, Chris has modified some games to use both in games that alternate gameplay. So when one player loses a ship, the other player across the table can play.

• Like 1