IGNORED

Anyone Else?

Mili

Anyone else totally addicted to Fable 2???

I can't stop playing it!!! I try and make time for Borderlands and Assassin's Creed 2.

But I just can't stop! lol. I've played it for DAYS and won it several times. But it never gets old.

Truly the GREATEST game I have EVER played in my ENTIRE life!!!

Fable 3 should be amazing to say the least, if you haven't heard about it, you should look it up. Late 2010 here I come. I cannot wait!!

• Like 1

Busy busy busy. That is not the only game that is sitting shrinkwrapped waiting for me to find time either. Because I was paying for so many $60 games that were worth $20 by the time I opened them I decided last year I would no longer buy games until they were a year old as there is no reason to run out and get a game new if I can't play it until a year later anyway. Now that policy has been extended to 2 years. The good thing is that now the game at the top of my list will cost me $9 brand new.

Well, see, I loved Fable 1. It was awesome. I hated Fable 2 with a burning passion. The storyline was weak, the DLC was a ripoff, the game was utterly too short, they took away a lot of the choice involved, the co-op was a joke, it had one of the worst endings ever, and there was really no reason to keep playing after you beat it unless you wanted to grind town guards. =P

The only thing I really liked about Fable 2 was the laugh I got out of the fact that if you didn't practice safe sex, you'd get an STD...and the fact that the condoms were leather. :P

Oh my gosh yes the Co-op is ridiculous. They're fixing so many things in Fable 3. And EVERYTHING, including the town and your weapon evolves with you. The ending wasn't a huge battle, but it was able to provide an efficient end to the story line. It's an RPG not an action packed game. That's how they typically work. Oh my god my character's are ridiculously riddled with STD's because I'm not gonna waste my money on condoms. And there's several different things to do after the game is over. Like buying the castle Fairfax or one of the Temples. Owning every building gives you a new title and an achievement. So does finding all 50 silver keys or gargoyles. There's a lot to do if you're willing to do the more tedious tasks.

Edited by Mili

Um...no. Fable is first and foremost an action-adventure. If you'd like to tell me how it has any RPG elements that you can't find in the Legend of Zelda, other than the fact that you can get tats, haircuts, and STDs, then by all means, feel free.

It needs moar action. The bosses were lame.

If you'd like to tell me how it has any RPG elements

Errrr your choices throughout the game and how you choose to behave determine the game.

You choose to be bad, the experience, and your very being in the game are very different than if you choose to be good. It's all up to you, you are in a role, very different than your everyday life (I'm guessing) What exactly do you think RPG stands for? LOL

I'll tell you. Role Playing Game. Fable is one of the best, breaking the mold and going far beyond what other RPGs offer. (Gee where am I going to put this skill point) Not that you cant level up skills in Fable, but there's more to it than that,as you no doubt know since you thought the first one was decent.

Sucks you didn't like it. I honestly have no clue how you couldn't if you liked the first one so much.

johnon : "It was awesome."

Besides the better graphics, and a few additions (doggie) the two walk hand in hand.

Yeah he made some promises that weren't realized. I don't think he made those promises maliciously. I think he really wanted the features he bragged about. Ultimately the game didn't go in that direction. The result was still a fantastic game.

I think you are holding a grudge against someone who was sorry that the game didn't go in the direction he really wanted but he was able provide guidance for a team to produce one of the best titles released on the Xbox.

I thought Fable 3 was canceled? I love the music, sound effects, and atmosphere of Fable 1, but after downloading the first part of Fable 2 for free, I was disappointed to find out that I hated it. If the rest of the game is like the first part, I don't want to play it.

If the rest of the game is like the first part, I don't want to play it.

Was it a demo you played? I will say this. The first hour or so of Fable 2 is pretty weak. Way too much hand holding. It opens up finally after awhile. I think the first part was more of a tutorial. Not sure why they didn't separate it. I'll admit I didn't like the very beginning of the game, so you might want to give it another try if the title interests you. Of course if it was a demo and it was taken from the middle of the game then I guess you just hate it.

If the rest of the game is like the first part, I don't want to play it.

Was it a demo you played? I will say this. The first hour or so of Fable 2 is pretty weak. Way too much hand holding. It opens up finally after awhile. I think the first part was more of a tutorial. Not sure why they didn't separate it. I'll admit I didn't like the very beginning of the game, so you might want to give it another try if the title interests you. Of course if it was a demo and it was taken from the middle of the game then I guess you just hate it.

It was part one of five parts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable_II#Downloadable_content_.28DLC.29

As of September 2009, the entire Fable II game is available for download through Microsoft's Xbox Live Game Marketplace. The downloadable version of the game is broken up into 5 game episodes that play identical to the disc version of the game. The first episode of the game is free to download, while Episodes 2, 3, 4, and 5 can be purchased within the game.

There doesn't seem to be a demo of the middle part of the game.

@Random Terrain. The first part is the part you played. The very beginning. I played the demo myself after I played the game into death and was forced to buy it again. It is slow, and it is not the fun part at all. You can download the game, but it is more for people who had the same problem as me. I played the game so much my scanner went on the fritz. You have to own the game and it makes it so the disc only has to rotate once every five minutes or so. It's truely a fantastic game, and I'd recommend it for anybody. And yes, the music was one of my favorite parts of the game. Fable 3 on Xbox 360 has a confirmed release date on Tuesday 26 October 2010. It is 131 days left until you can play Fable 3 on your Xbox 360 in the USA.

@Hyper. Yes I own Oblivion. Yes I like it. But only the Shivering Isles. The rest made me feel like I was new at gaming completely, and I felt like more explanation was required. Like telling us, oh I don't now, you have to SLEEP to level up~!!! I went 14 days at a level 1!! I did all of the Shivering Isles as a Level 1 dark elf mage!!! I wanted to cry it was horrible.

@Moycon. Thank you.

@ Aspiring. Did you really ask me that question. I'm insulted to have you argue with me now. Fable 2 is a new realm of RPG that no other game has quite reached. This expands more in Fable 3. You pick every single thing in the game. From what the character eats or drinks to being healed. To how pure or corrupt the character is. Along with Evil and Good. This changes the whole game based on you. Oakfield itself changes with your decisions as does Westcliff. Your dog changes colour with how you act in the game. Everything you do controls how the game reacts. You can change everything, even how much your house costs, based on what furniture you place in it. And everything you do requires a decision that YOU make. Yes the bosses sucked but, hello, its an RPG~! All RPG's have terrible boss levels. Zelda was not an RPG. It was an action based game that had a plot thicker than my argument. You know how Joe knows everything there is to know about Atari? I know everything there is to know about Fable 2. And I am more than confident in that statement.