IGNORED

$2000 Atari?

Buzbard

They probably meant $20. No one can be that oblivious. And it's not the original game system. :|

It's not a misprint, I called and a young girl answered and said that her cousin just sold one that only had Combat for $1800.

I have no idea why she thinks it's worth 2k.

In the lower left pic it looks as though the right front corner is broken.

They probably meant $20. No one can be that oblivious. And it's not the original game system. :|

It's not a misprint, I called and a young girl answered and said that her cousin just sold one that only had Combat for $1800.

In the lower left pic it looks as though the right front corner is broken.

Well, just goes to show... never ever ever underestimate people's stupidity.

Did you happen to inform her that what she has is a pretty basic and common Atari 2600 setup? Worth maybe $50 tops?

Did you happen to inform her that what she has is a pretty basic and common Atari 2600 setup? Worth maybe $50 tops?

I did, and she insisted that she could sell it for that price because her cousin did.

She was telling me how old it was and how it came out before the Nintendo and PlayStation.

I was doing all I could to keep from laughing out loud, she's really convinced that she's gonna sell it for that price.

Funny thing is, she probably will.:D

I sincerely doubt it, but I also hope she does, so she can buy one of them new fangled flashbulbs for her camera.

One of my greatest pet peeves in life is when people automatically assume that just because something is "old" that it's always valuable.

I sincerely doubt it, but I also hope she does, so she can buy one of them new fangled flashbulbs for her camera.

One of my greatest pet peeves in life is when people automatically assume that just because something is "old" that it's always valuable.

I COMPLETELY agree! People who are just THAT naive really really irritate me :roll: . its like can you seriously be that ignorant? if your going to sell something that you think is valuable then you should at least research it. And if not that, then at the very very least look up similar items on eBay to get a price range(even though that's really reliable). I mean theres so many different models of the 2600 too. that just a light sixer. i bet she has absolutely no clue about what shes selling

I did, and she insisted that she could sell it for that price because her cousin did.

She was telling me how old it was and how it came out before the Nintendo and PlayStation.

I was doing all I could to keep from laughing out loud, she's really convinced that she's gonna sell it for that price.

I hope she does.

Maybe she meant 1800 pennies. :)

Give me the address, please. I'll try to sell her 20 Combats and 10 systems for just $500.

Each! :D

Well, at least $100 is within reason of what some impulsive misguided person might pay. All she had to do is read recent Spokane listings and she would see a complete system with 44 games for $50. There is also an Atari branded bookshelf case with eight games, including the rare Combat for $8. I would actually snag that case were I a Spokanite. Morgan

post-26465-127679461366_thumb.jpg

post-26465-127679461891_thumb.jpg

For that matter, a few hundred miles away in my area....$80 bucks gets a system with 34 games all with manuals and this piece of wooden joy that some dad or grandpa put a lot of love into. I'm thinkin' hard about picking this up...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/vgm/1785317071.html

A custom made Atari case!? Brilliant! I might just have to make something like that too :D

Glad that initial stupid seller lowered thier price however its still over priced because it has a stonking great chunk cracked off the right front corner!