IGNORED

Atari 2600 homebrews converted to ColecoVision

Pixelboy

There have been some awesome homebrews released on the Atari 2600 these past few years, many of which are original games. If you were to pick one (or maybe two) of those 2600 homebrews to be converted to the ColecoVision, which one(s) would you pick?

I myself have a soft spot in my heart for Eric Ball's Skeleton+. I think it would make a cool CV homebrew. :)

I don't have many 2600 homebrews but one that stands out to me is called Fall Down (http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=2722). This is a fun game one player mode, but it's when you play with two players that the fun really starts. My wife and daughter are not big gamers but they thoroughly enjoy playing this game as a family. The AA shop reviews (all at 100%) say it all.

I'm sure the CV could jazz the game graphics and sound up nicely.

Edited by Ikrananka

Not sure why, but there was a game I played on the Commodore 64 that I'd love to see ported. It was called "A Rockstar Ate My Hamster!". Kind of like a graphical version of "It's Only Rock N Roll", but for some reason, it stood out to me as an awesome game even though I was never into simulation type games. Check it out! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Star_Ate_My_Hamster

Not sure why, but there was a game I played on the Commodore 64 that I'd love to see ported. It was called "A Rockstar Ate My Hamster!". Kind of like a graphical version of "It's Only Rock N Roll", but for some reason, it stood out to me as an awesome game even though I was never into simulation type games. Check it out! :)

The graphics would add a lot to the appeal of the game. Good suggestion! :thumbsup:

After reading your post and the Wiki, I was thinking that "Guitar Hero" would be a good port. Shouldn't be too hard to mod a guitar from a modern system to work on the ColecoVision, and if newcoleco and his genius for music composition collaborated, it would be interesting. The hardware scroll problems on the ColecoVision and the copyrights would be the real issues. Not sure if the ColecoVision memory module Opcode is working on is going to improve scrolling. Would be a hell of a shocker, if ColecoVision fans could say, "No I didn't play the new PS3 Guitar Hero, but I did play the new one on my ColecoVision"

The graphics would add a lot to the appeal of the game. Good suggestion! :thumbsup:

After reading your post and the Wiki, I was thinking that "Guitar Hero" would be a good port. Shouldn't be too hard to mod a guitar from a modern system to work on the ColecoVision, and if newcoleco and his genius for music composition collaborated, it would be interesting. The hardware scroll problems on the ColecoVision and the copyrights would be the real issues. Not sure if the ColecoVision memory module Opcode is working on is going to improve scrolling. Would be a hell of a shocker, if ColecoVision fans could say, "No I didn't play the new PS3 Guitar Hero, but I did play the new one on my ColecoVision"

Guitar Hero on CV? ... its possible!

I think someone did this for the C64

There have been some awesome homebrews released on the Atari 2600 these past few years, many of which are original games. If you were to pick one (or maybe two) of those 2600 homebrews to be converted to the ColecoVision, which one(s) would you pick?

I myself have a soft spot in my heart for Eric Ball's Skeleton+. I think it would make a cool CV homebrew. :)

Another Skeleton+ fan here, as I would love to see it on the Colecovision!

:D

Fall Down would also be an excellent choice, as it is hard to stop playing this game.

:)

I have the Mario Bros and it is fun and very good graphics. I have spent many hours playing it.

Dan

I also played Mario Bros and all I can say is, Man! that game is so great!!

I though at first it will not be so good, but damn! that game is so close to the Arcade version that your eyes will blow up! :o

:lol:

I'm kidding! ;) .... If you're interested to get one, I've few copies left here