IGNORED

New Donkey Kong Country for Wii

Rev

If they keep doing this kind of stuff, I'm going to have to get a Wii.

Now is the best time. $200 gets you the Wii, Wiimote, Nunchuk, MotionPlus, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort... a very, very good bargain.

Yes, and the great exclusives just keep coming and coming. Nintendo's 2010 E3 Press Conference is proof.

This game does look nice. I was kind of hoping that the upcoming Donkey Kong game would be a 3D platformer, similar to the one that came out on the N64. They need to bring this franchise back. When Nintendo and Rare had their problems the Donkey Kong series was sidetracked. Hopefully this will be the re-birth of more great DK games.

looks great!

cool i want to buy that i love the donkey kong country games... :cool:

Anyone know if the old enemies will make a return? It looks great, but watching a couple times I noticed all these enemies ive never seen before, but not one kremling or even a clap trap. Hope everyone developing this game was forced to play through Donkey Kong Country. Either way, cant wait to get this!!

• 3 months later...

I played the Wii for the first time with my niece the other day. I got a great workout from boxing and tennis on WiiSports. It got me thinking about getting one and then that new black console I think looks great. It does seem like a good deal with two good games included.

Didn't Miyamoto say the whole DKC series was a mistake? Apparently, Nintendo thinks it's a potentially lucrative mistake. ;)

I believe he apologized for that comment later on. I think he was kind of mad about the pressure he was getting to have Yoshi's Island use the same art style as DKC (as indicated by the intro, which has some of the graphics pre-rendered 3D).

Edited by Animan

Didn't Miyamoto say the whole DKC series was a mistake? Apparently, Nintendo thinks it's a potentially lucrative mistake. ;)

I believe he apologized for that comment later on. I think he was kind of mad about the pressure he was getting to have Yoshi's Island use the same art style as DKC (as indicated by the intro, which has some of the graphics pre-rendered 3D).

I really enjoy the art style in Yoshi's Island, but one has to wonder what it would look like if it were done in DKC pre-rendered style, or by Rare back in the day.

I pre-ordered DKCR, but I am still worried that its going to be dissapointing. I really hope they have more enemies to offer than those tiki things that have no personality, at least not like the Kremlings..

I think he [Mitamoto] was kind of mad about the pressure he was getting to have Yoshi's Island use the same art style as DKC (as indicated by the intro, which has some of the graphics pre-rendered 3D).

I really enjoy the art style in Yoshi's Island, but one has to wonder what it would look like if it were done in DKC pre-rendered style, or by Rare back in the day.

I think it would've sucked, personally. Just look at the 3D-rendered Yoshi game for N64. It's boring, IMO. Yoshi's Island for SNES has superb artwork. 3D rendered graphics are a step backwards, in my opinion. It takes talent to draw each individual face of an animation. Each face is a clean slate for the artist who can tweak a feature here or there. 3D models are relatively static in comparison. Think of Sonic in the Genesis games. For each frame his legs were hand-drawn for the walking animation. When he runs at full speed, they are drawn as a blur. How do you replicate that with 3D? (from what I've seen of Sonic 4, they don't replicate that blur. They just make the legs move-really-fast...meh.)

The graphics in Donkey Kong Country do the job and they got a lot of accolades and attention, but I think it would've been infinitely better if everything had been hand-drawn.