IGNORED

Code Breaker 1986 Label Question

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I recently bought a lot of games to get just a few and came across a Code Breaker pic label 1986 release. It has a small strip of black tape right under the "Code Breaker" on the main label. At first, I thought that this was just on my cartridge, put there by someone. Then I looked on ebay and saw another 1986 label with the same strip of black tape.

:? What did they cover up? Does anyone else have this label variation with the tape on it?

I recently bought a lot of games to get just a few and came across a Code Breaker pic label 1986 release. It has a small strip of black tape right under the "Code Breaker" on the main label. At first, I thought that this was just on my cartridge, put there by someone. Then I looked on ebay and saw another 1986 label with the same strip of black tape.

:? What did they cover up? Does anyone else have this label variation with the tape on it?

wrong controller info?

Most say "For use with paddle controllers" and the same error albeit with joysticks has also been reported. This tape "variation" is not that uncommon, but of course the late release Codebreaker/Code Breaker is harder to find than the original '78 release.

indeed.. I have a Basic Programming cartridge from 1986 that has the Black Tape on it as well. It is my understanding it has the wrong controller info printed on the label, and that was their cheap way of fixing it .

I have one of those NIB (I opened it to verify if the overlays were included - THEY ARE NOT!), if anyone is interested.

indeed.. I have a Basic Programming cartridge from 1986 that has the Black Tape on it as well. It is my understanding it has the wrong controller info printed on the label, and that was their cheap way of fixing it .

I have one of those NIB (I opened it to verify if the overlays were included - THEY ARE NOT!), if anyone is interested.

I share your pain... I bought a sealed Basic Programming only to find the overlays were missing in my package also. :P

Attached is a 1986 Atari Corp Code Breaker error label that has had the black tape covering the label error removed. The Code Breaker label should have said "Use with Keyboard Controllers". I bought this cartridge with the tape already removed. I keep it with my black tape version to show the reason the black tape was added.

post-99-127773752594_thumb.jpg