IGNORED

A7800 PAL NTSC game compatibility

urborg

I've just bought my first Atari 7800 console. Its completly new system for me. I have some Atari XL/XE computers so far and one STE machine. 7800 is the first game console I've bougt in my life. So I have some question. Console is marked as PAL B. I dont have any games for it so far. Here in Poland were I live it is very hard to find anything for this console. I consider spotting some cartridges on Ebay and I wonder if cartridges bought for example in United States will work with my console and PAL TV set.

Pretty much no, there are a couple of exceptions but not worth bothering about.

Your best option would be to place a want add in the marketplace here, or try your luck on ebay UK/DE/FR.......

Anything you are looking for? I may be able to help as I am selling pretty much all my 7800 stuff

I find the German ebay very good. I am currently in Berlin and ordered a game from collectors-webshop package arrived next day and was really well packed.

I got my 7800 from France and again really I see a lot of games being sold on the French ebay site.

Also FYI French 7800 sometimes have a SCART output, which give a better picture that the RF output on most 7800's

When looking on ebay do not buy items unless the description says PAL, I see a lot of NTSC games over here in Europe.

One final place to look for games is here on AtariAge, in the store. These are home brew games written by members here. in some case are both PAL and NTSC in the same cartridge.

Good hunting

Pretty much no, there are a couple of exceptions but not worth bothering about.

Your best option would be to place a want add in the marketplace here, or try your luck on ebay UK/DE/FR.......

Anything you are looking for? I may be able to help as I am selling pretty much all my 7800 stuff

So cartridges bouhgt in United States will not work with my console? Thanks God I asked before buying :).

Some will work, to varying degrees. Some just have a bit of graphical garbage on screen, some have massive graphical issues, and some crash immediately. Your best bet for simplicity will be to stick to PAL games only.