IGNORED

FS: NEC Turbo Grafx 16 NIB! Never used!

Joeyray

Ok here is the deal my Neighbor had a yard sale last weekend. I noticed she a had an NEC Turbo Grafx 16 for sale. When I opened the box to make sure something was in it ;) I was shocked to find the system had never been taken out! Everything was still in the plastic, the system, controller, Ac adapter, manuals instruction with warrenty card ect. The Keith courage HU is still shrink wrapped in the case. I asked her about it and turns out she worked for NEC back in the day and they offered them to the employees at some point in time.

She never had an interest in it so it sat in the box since then!

She also said she had a few other items and shortly after was able to dig up a boxed arcade stick and a boxed\sealed Joystick extension cable. She did not realize what she had there. I told her I would help her out and get what it was worth. So I'm posting it here looking for offers. I know this will go for good money on Ebay. I'd rather try and give back to the Atari Age community and help her out at the same time. My Ebay Id is the same as my Atari Age ID and you can check my feedback rating. Thanks Guys for reading...Joeyray

post-18064-127747117591_thumb.jpgpost-18064-127747119127_thumb.jpgpost-18064-127747120985_thumb.jpgpost-18064-127747122959_thumb.jpgpost-18064-127747124398_thumb.jpg Every thing still has the clear mylar sticky to it...both controllers and the Turbografx logo on the system it self. This system is a virgin Turbografx according to the owner and from what I can see as well.

Edited by Joeyray

Give back to the Atari community

icon_confused.gif

I've gotten some good deals via Atari Age members in the past so I'd like to "give back" by offering it here first before trying other avenues (IE: Graigs list, ebay, Chase the Chuck wagon). JR

Good Deal!

Sounds like around $100, but then pics are needed. Condition can make that swing up or down. Does she have some games?

AX

I should have taken Pics before I put up the post (my bad). I will have pics posted shortly.

She did not have any games other than the still sealed Keith Courage HU card.

100$ might be a fair offer,

but I did recently pick up a nealry new 100% very nice Turbo Grafx in box with everything nearly new..no plastic baggies though....for some lame sports xbox games at a flea markter swap....

I think ebay might throw a higher price than $100

but I did recently pick up a nealry new 100% very nice Turbo Grafx in box with everything nearly new..no plastic baggies though....for some lame sports xbox games at a flea markter swap....

Let me get the pics posted showing everything so you guys can see what Im taking about.

I will run any and all offers by her first but again my bad I should have have the pics

ready to go with the post.

Thanks, -JR

Let me get the pics posted showing everything so you guys can see what Im taking about.

I will run any and all offers by her first but again my bad I should have have the pics

ready to go with the post.

Thanks, -JR

Pics are up guys! This is the real deal if any one is a Turbografx collector.

Id like to see her get $200 shes out of work and could use the cash. I may as well just post it out on Ebay and see what

happens. Thanks for all the imput. JR

I'd suggest putting the Turbo up for $99 with no reserve, listing it "like new." You can get $28ish for the stick alone and $7 - $10 for the extension. The Turbo should get a couple bids and increase from there. You should get a minimum of around $150, on up to $200 plus if done correctly. The Turbo Play mag may also sell for $20 alone, but will boost the price of the CIB system, mine came with the big poster.

AX

I sold 2 brand new TG-16 a few years ago on my store for $200/ea. So, I think $150+ should be a good price to get on eBay.

Thanks for all the offers i got so far. I decided to go the ebay route I took AX's advice and started it at $99 dollars with NR.

Here is the item id if any one is interested: 190410612869.

Thanks again, Joeyray

• 3 months later...

I sold 2 brand new TG-16 a few years ago on my store for $200/ea. So, I think $150+ should be a good price to get on eBay.

Thanks for all the offers i got so far. I decided to go the ebay route I took AX's advice and started it at $99 dollars with NR.

Thanks again, Joeyray

[/quote

Too bad she didn't have a stack of sealed magical chases... That would be amazing...

Actuarlly $75-80 bucks for the system new is an honest price. If it had the CD-rom attachment about $300-$500 new. There were some pal ver of the TG-16 on ebay for $80 new and even though it is new it can't compete with a PC-engine Duo-r and if you ask $200 people would buy the Pc-engine Duo-r instead. LOL I did : )

Edited by skaredmask

Thanks again, Joeyray

[/quote

Too bad she didn't have a stack of sealed magical chases... That would be amazing...

Can you just post a link to the auction?