IGNORED

Sega EVERDRIVE Flash Cart Official Mass Order Thread

Looks like I'm in the third wave -- which is fine, I'm in no huge rush.

Ax, out of curiosity, when you told Igor how many units you wanted, what was his initial reaction? :D

Gotta admit, from the photos that is some fine pitch solderwork there, not to mention a nice job on the layout. There's a ton of wires running around on there that's for sure. More excited to put one under a microscope than to drop it into a shell right now. I kept a couple of extra shells before I cashed in a ton of undesirables to Stoneage.

Also glad to see these starting to cycle back too. It's the biggest problem with the Internet, there is very little lag time in many respects so we find ourselves saying "want it now!" a lot more often. I've found myself wanting to do that at times when I paypal the money along and I then instinctively want to get up, walk to the door, and have my package. That's not realistic, and I've gotten a bit more patient in my old(er) age. :)

Hex.

[ Wishes he could find some MIA equipment... ]

OMGOMGOMGOMG!

I can't wait, if he shipped the 2nd batch Monday, then that means I should have it in a couple weeks.

I can't wait!

Do you know if this works with SDHC cards, or just SD cards?

Once again Ax, thank you for being able to provide this with us, even through the hard times you have been having. I really hope things go better for you, very very soon.

Even if SDHC is supported, the flash cart requires the SD card to be formatted FAT16. That means your maximum partition size is limited to 2GB. That's not a problem though. A complete 1G1R (1 game 1 ROM) set is only around 1.3GB.

Even if SDHC is supported, the flash cart requires the SD card to be formatted FAT16. That means your maximum partition size is limited to 2GB. That's not a problem though. A complete 1G1R (1 game 1 ROM) set is only around 1.3GB.

Ahh ok, I didn't know it was that small for a complete romset. Thanks for the info :)

Without having Nonners blessing I hate to release his 70% finished insert, but I'd also hate to see it wasted because it is nice. What do you all think? While looking for the file I found his phone number (but it is late at night) I'm going to see if I can reach him by phone.

AX

You should probably wait until he finishes it. I just hope everything is ok with him.

No, protection was the issue. I've got a solution now. He sends bare boards between cardboard. The integrity of their not being damaged is the fact that it is a flat large pizza size tray. A few will go today. I need to get over to my old place and get some more PC games (sending them in dvd-style PC game cases for protection). I have a few of them here already, hence a few will ship now.

NOTE: will update arrival and shipping in first post.

AX

Were you using priority mail? What about just wrapping them in newspaper inside a small flat rate box?

I ordered small boxes but they never showed from USPS yet... the local post offices have LIMITED (two a day) and when you ask they look at you like a cow and give you one or two more. At any rate I have a TON (500?) of flat rate envelopes. So they are going in clamshell PC DVD game cases with a half a bubblewrap over the card and in a flat rate envelope (unless it's international, then in a purchased envelope.

AX

...with a half a bubblewrap over the card and in a flat rate envelope (unless it's international, then in a purchased envelope.

Anti-static bubblewrap or normal bubblewrap? I'd be concerned about using normal bubblewrap--during shipping, there will be much vibration & shaking & a static charge may build up.

Thanks,

-Jason

...with a half a bubblewrap over the card and in a flat rate envelope (unless it's international, then in a purchased envelope.

Anti-static bubblewrap or normal bubblewrap? I'd be concerned about using normal bubblewrap--during shipping, there will be much vibration & shaking & a static charge may build up.

Thanks,

-Jason

:D you would be worried if you saw how Igor sends them in the first place (regular bubblewrap) taped to a flat cardboard. Picking the tape off all of them carefully is a challenge, since I don't want to muck of the traces or any components. I'm sure if anyone has a problem Igor will take care of you. The postal system works fine back and forth to Ukraine, just no paypal (hence doing it this way). He has been more than pleasant to deal with and is a good guy.

everdrive111.jpg

AX

:D you would be worried if you saw how Igor sends them in the first place (regular bubblewrap) taped to a flat cardboard. Picking the tape off all of them carefully is a challenge, since I don't want to muck of the traces or any components. I'm sure if anyone has a problem Igor will take care of you. The post works fine back and forth to Ukraine, just no paypal. He has been more than pleasant to deal with and is a good guy.

Oy, peeling tape causes static buildup too. Eek!

Hopefully I'm just expressing the healthy paranoia typical of an aerospace design engineer, and our humdrum staying-on-Earth circuit boards can endure a bit more abuse than the stuff I'm sending to Mars. :)

Thanks,

-Jason

Gee whiz Igor didn't package those so great. I'd just be worried about the reset button breaking off.

Yeah, that was my thought on the three at the edge. I think they started out under the bubbles but they shifted in transit. They look good fine though. Drove around looking for the mail man to get that second package today (left a slip) took a while to find him. Was almost an adventure all by itself. I hate having to pick up mail on a Saturday morning (with an overheating car).

AX

Anyone have any recommendations on getting the cleanest cut on a Genny cart in order to fit this board properly? Also, what's the best solution for removing an old cart label, preferrably leaving a good surface to slap a new label on top?

I find that a hair dryer on the label works great, just get the old label hot. I have a super idea for making the holes in the carts but I have not been able to test my idea (and it may not work). It's not safe so I don't want to post it in a public forum :D

AX