IGNORED

Help Choose New AtariAge T-Shirt Design

Albert

Choose!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. One of these two designs will be made available for sale. Which do you prefer?

• Design #1 (top down view of joystick)
    • Design #2 (isometric view of joystick)
  2. 2. What size t-shirt do you wear?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Large
    • XL
    • 2XL
    • 3XL
    • 4XL

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I am going to (finally) produce more AtariAge shirts. Initially I was just going to produce a small number for myself, some friends, and those helping out at the AtariAge booth at CGE. But after some thought (and getting quotes from local screen printing companies) I decided to get a larger number made. I then tapped the wonderful designer and friend of AtariAge Dale Crum to come up with a design for the new shirt.

These shirts will be Navy Blue Hanes Beefy T's. The front of each design will be the same, the AtariAge logo, text, and the website URL underneath. The back will feature the phrase "Good Games Only Need One Red Button", but the design of each is different, as pictured below. Please vote for your favorite! I will probably use the "losing" design for mouse pads or something else--it won't sit idle! :)

Design #1:

Proof1_AtariAgeCGE-Shirt.jpg

Design #2:

Proof2_AtariAgeCGE-Shirt.jpg

The slogan came from a t-shirt slogan contest we had EIGHT YEARS ago:

http://www.atariage.com/features/contests/tshirt/index.html

Thanks for your input!

..Al

I really like the first one but my OCD can't help but notice the slightly-angled joystick hex. :D It's slightly off-putting yet it is intriguing at the same time. Like it's beckoning to me, "The only way to right the hex is to grip the hex. Since you're there, you might as well play some Atari today."

EDIT: I'm a Large, BTW. I like to account for shrinkage.

Shirt shrinkage, that is :ponder:

I really like the first one but my OCD can't help but notice the slightly-angled joystick hex. :D It's slightly off-putting yet it is intriguing at the same time. Like it's beckoning to me, "The only way to right the hex is to grip the hex. Since you're there, you might as well play some Atari today."

I noticed that as well. Dale had to have done that on purpose, but I need to ask him about it. :)

..Al

I'm not sure, but I think the original heavy sixer "CX-10" sticks had tabs on the rubber boots, so the hex shape (originally including the metal "hex disc" with the Atari or Sears logo) would stay straight, but later "CX-40" sticks dropped the tabs, so the rubber boots can be twisted any which way. Since the artwork has the word "TOP", it must be a CX-40. Maybe that's just the position the rubber boot of whatever stick Dale looked at happened to be in. I'd rather see it straightened out on any shirts or items you get printed up, though.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

I'm not sure, but I think the original heavy sixer "CX-10" sticks had tabs on the rubber boots, so the hex shape (originally including the metal "hex disc" with the Atari or Sears logo) would stay straight, but later "CX-40" sticks dropped the tabs, so the rubber boots can be twisted any which way. Since the artwork has the word "TOP", it must be a CX-40. Maybe that's just the position the rubber boot of whatever stick Dale looked at happened to be in. I'd rather see it straightened out on any shirts or items you get printed up, though.

I'm going to talk to Dale about it, I generally agree that it should be better aligned. We are probably going to tweak that design anyway, to make the AtariAge URL stand out better (since it's tiny on the front of the shirt, and I want it more visible such as with the second design).

..Al

I guess your not using cafepress for these as you mentioned(plus since these are double sided dark shirts cafe press doesn't to that(I wish they would though))

No, Cafepress is very expensive, and I'd like to sell these shirts for $15 at the show. I'm having them done professionally by a local company I've used in the past.

..Al

One question. Are they going to be available in super fat guy size.....as in my size?

I'm not sure what the distribution of shirts will be just yet. I did ask the guy at the screen printing company what sizes they sell the most of, and he said Mediums and Larges. Now, given this is a classic gaming show that will be mostly attended by men, I plan on ordering mostly Larges and X-Larges. This is part of the reason I added the Size question to the poll, to get some data points that might influence what I order. I'm going to get 100 shirts printed.

I'm not sure how many shirts about XL I should order. If you know you are going to be at the show and you want a specific size, LET ME KNOW and I will make sure to get a shirt in that size for you and I'll hold it for you. Even better, maybe I could ask people to pay for those shirts in advance. :)

..Al

I like design #1. I wear an XL.

I'm in the fashion industry... although we only manufacture woman's clothing. We sell our clothes in prepacks of 1-2-2-1 (1 small, 2 med, 2 large, 2 xl). From what I've found in the past ordering for my friends band I think XL sells out the quickest. Sometimes I get stuck with a L.. I'll take the shirt 'cause it's my friends, but I can't fit in it. :(

We sell our clothes in prepacks of 1-2-2-1 (1 small, 2 med, 2 large, 2 xl). From what I've found in the past ordering for my friends band I think XL sells out the quickest. Sometimes I get stuck with a L.. I'll take the shirt 'cause it's my friends, but I can't fit in it. :(

Do you mean "1 small, 2 med, 2 large, 1 xl" ?

..Al

XL (Hopefully a Large soon...) And Style #1. It looks like a target! I might be interested in a couple. My youngest (XS)would probably like one.

I wouldn't worry about the url, just put a small ".com" after the AtariAge logo. How many people will stop and read someone elses shirt for "http://www.", or "www."? if the ".com" is tacked on, most prople should get it.

#1 I guess. It's different although I don't know if many people outside of Atari fans would know what it is. I'm a petite.

I'm an XL and I prefer #2 for the fact that as Miss 2600 alluded to, most casual or non-Atari fans wouldn't know what they were looking at on #1 and I suspect would be more likely to recognize the joystick in #2 and ask me about my shirt as a result.

Better form of AA advertising IMHO???

Either way, I'm in. icon_thumbsup.gif

I guess your not using cafepress for these as you mentioned(plus since these are double sided dark shirts cafe press doesn't to that(I wish they would though))

No, Cafepress is very expensive, and I'd like to sell these shirts for $15 at the show. I'm having them done professionally by a local company I've used in the past.

..Al

yeah they are expensive,it's good you find a local place.

I know of place like that here in IL.might be thinking of going that way.

One question. Are they going to be available in super fat guy size.....as in my size?

I'm not sure what the distribution of shirts will be just yet. I did ask the guy at the screen printing company what sizes they sell the most of, and he said Mediums and Larges. Now, given this is a classic gaming show that will be mostly attended by men, I plan on ordering mostly Larges and X-Larges. This is part of the reason I added the Size question to the poll, to get some data points that might influence what I order. I'm going to get 100 shirts printed.

I'm not sure how many shirts about XL I should order. If you know you are going to be at the show and you want a specific size, LET ME KNOW and I will make sure to get a shirt in that size for you and I'll hold it for you. Even better, maybe I could ask people to pay for those shirts in advance. :)

..Al

Will the 3x be available through the AA store?