IGNORED

Help Choose New AtariAge T-Shirt Design

Albert

Choose!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. One of these two designs will be made available for sale. Which do you prefer?

• Design #1 (top down view of joystick)
    • Design #2 (isometric view of joystick)
  2. 2. What size t-shirt do you wear?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Large
    • XL
    • 2XL
    • 3XL
    • 4XL

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Wow, Al, are you that serious of a C&D letter collector? And here I thought you wanted to avoid being C&D'd, by not using the Atari "fuji", yet you managed to include no less than five objectionable items in that fine print.

BTW, thanks for the mention! If you're not joking, this will probably be the first time my name's ever appeared on anything commercial (other than a website).

Oh, and can you tell me what that "movie poster credits" font is, and maybe where I can get it?

A.J.,

The font is called "Steeltongs" and I ran into randomly while mocking up the joke shirt. You can download it for free here: http://www.dafont.com/steeltongs.font

I like design #2. I like that it actually shows the entire stick and that people will recognize it as an Atari stick and possibly "chat" some Atari with me if I wear it in public. The top down would only be recognized by true fans and not the casual or former Atari players. I am an XL :) Oh by the way, I don't personally care where the button is ;)

I agree. You can't really tell what you are looking at with design one.Design 2 would get my vote

Thanks for the font info, Al! I couldn't get the .zip file from that site to open, but I was able to find the steeltongs.ttf package on another site -- I also grabbed the original steelfish.ttf that it was based on (which has lowercase characters too).

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Aw, I just now read this thread... I really wanted design #1.

You may not be disappointed. ;)

..Al

If that's your way of saying that you picked #1, I can live with that. It's actually a "cooler" design, that isn't so obvious unless you're very familiar with the classic Atari joystick, so it's a bit more of an "insider's" design. The second design is far more obvious, but design #1 encourages people to look closer to try to figure out what it is, and will probably be more of a conversation starter as people ask "What's that?"

Michael

"Whatever you do, PRESS THE RED BUTTON!"

Thanks to everyone's input in this thread, we've decided to go with Design #2, but with some minor changes. Here are some images of the final shirt so everyone can take a look before they see the shirts live in Vegas!

Proof3_AtariAgeCGE-Shirt.png

Here's the text on the bottom, which is hard to see in the above image:

Proof3_AtariAgeCGE-Shirt_credits.png

I'll be sending this off to the screen printer tomorrow! :D

Thanks again for everyone's help!

..Al

To bad this is a parody..... Excellent design, if it was a real T-shirt it sure would make for a conversation starter!! (or even a good "novel" starter) :D

I would have voted for the back of design #1 on the front of a shirt with the word "red" taken out of the tag line, and the AtariAge logo on the back centered...

But the new design is pretty cool too.

Edited by Fangorn81

I picked up the shirts today. They look great! Here are two pictures:

AtariAge_RedButton_front.jpg

AtariAge_RedButton_back.jpg

The blue is darker than indicated by these pictures--the camera flash went off, which brightened them up a bit. The red contrasts very well with the dark blue and is easy to read.

..Al

• Like 2

Please get the second batch in a darker blue color. These are too bright for my tastes. :evil:

That's fine, as you are not getting a shirt at any price.

..Al

oooooooh! So there, Ceebie! :-D

Al, if you are looking to gauge interest for those who will not be at said convention, you can chalk me into the "hell yeah" category. $15+shipping? I am in. :thumbsup:

Upon further thought, with all the work I have to do before the show, I don't need to make additional work for me. Therefore, the shirts will be available first to those who attend CGE. I think I'll sell most of the shirts at the show. Afterward I probably won't make additional shirts unless I take pre-orders for them, as I don't want to get stuck with a ton of shirts I cannot sell. :)

..Al

Upon further thought, with all the work I have to do before the show, I don't need to make additional work for me. Therefore, the shirts will be available first to those who attend CGE. I think I'll sell most of the shirts at the show. Afterward I probably won't make additional shirts unless I take pre-orders for them, as I don't want to get stuck with a ton of shirts I cannot sell. :)

..Al

Pre-order? I am in! Where do I sign up? ;)

You probably won't have any left over after the show, but will you have a sort of waiting list for those who may have expressed interest? Not Buck thinking of Buck anyone in Buck particular. Just Buck wondering. Thanks in Buck advance for Buck taking the non-convention Buck bound into consideration!