IGNORED

Help Choose New AtariAge T-Shirt Design

Albert

Choose!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. One of these two designs will be made available for sale. Which do you prefer?

• Design #1 (top down view of joystick)
    • Design #2 (isometric view of joystick)
  2. 2. What size t-shirt do you wear?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Large
    • XL
    • 2XL
    • 3XL
    • 4XL

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

i like the design of the first one, but few people would recognize what it was. on top of that, the wraparound text is hard to read.

the second design is better for a tshirt. people will instantly recognize the shape of the atari joystick, the slogan is easily read, and the intended message will have been sent.

i voted for ©

the "good games only need boobs" shirt

:D :D

PERFECT!

Al just has to put 2 of the designs on the shirt on the front instead of the back in strategic locations instead of the 1 that was centered!

GENIUS! :D

Top-Down is obviously fucking better!

yeah .... the joystick on the other design just looks too simple ... not a classic design ... yet, the argument with the classic joystick form being more recognisable makes a lot of sense ...

I just saw an informercial for Yudu.

looks pretty cool they are currently offering set up for 33.00 + s/h for 30 day trial

(if you like it they will charge you 57.00 a month for 6 months)

I might look into that if I can spare the cash.

http://4yudu.com

Cafepress sucks ass. It's DTG (Direct to Garment) which is digital printing. It's basically a modified printer you can slide a t-shirt through. If you really must go with that type of printing, I know of some cheaper places you can use, but I think most people would rather have a real screen printing. The ink has that nice raised feel to it.

You might want to take a walk in Michael's Crafts. They have this new screen printing thing called Yudu. The demonstration video in store looks awesome.

http://www.whatdoyudu.com/

I see it's $299 on their website.. Wally World has it for $189.

If you want to talk, I can give you some good places to check out for t-shirt printing as I have ideas to start my own business online. I have ideas for a bunch of shirt designs, but haven't acted upon it yet. Some funny, some retro, some oldschool video game related, etc.

There's one place that will print your shirts, warehouse them for you, handle payment, even gives you a website of your own you can customize. They handle orders, shipping, returns, etc. Screen printing too.. not that other crap.

.. and if you have any shirt designs that are 1-color, I know a place you can get shirts done for $4 each in random colored shirts. They give you good colors too.. not like 50 pink (unless you ask for that). What they do is take all their left over clothing from jobs.. maybe they have 5 black, 3 red, 10 blue, 24 orange, etc.. you get a good mix.

I also have some contacts over seas where I can get dresses made very cheap. My friend's mother runs a business in Indonesia. Their most expensive dress might only be like $4 US or something. Low minimums too.

If anyone knows a place I can get pillows made cheap, PM me. I have a great idea involving pillows, one that would sell well and I could see a lot of interest in teenagers and mall brats. :) I just can't find a place.. I'd like to start off with some small orders to build up my inventory.

I guess your not using cafepress for these as you mentioned(plus since these are double sided dark shirts cafe press doesn't to that(I wish they would though))

No, Cafepress is very expensive, and I'd like to sell these shirts for $15 at the show. I'm having them done professionally by a local company I've used in the past.

..Al

yeah they are expensive,it's good you find a local place.

I know of place like that here in IL.might be thinking of going that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Upon further thought, with all the work I have to do before the show, I don't need to make additional work for me. Therefore, the shirts will be available first to those who attend CGE. I think I'll sell most of the shirts at the show. Afterward I probably won't make additional shirts unless I take pre-orders for them, as I don't want to get stuck with a ton of shirts I cannot sell. :)

..Al

I'm glad the design I liked "won". I won't be at the show so put me down for a pre-order XL if that happens. Thanks.

I love the shirts and hope they're for sale after the show. I'm down for an XL.

I hope to have shirts available after the show. If I do sell out at the show (and I imagine the popular sizes will), what I'll probably do after is take pre-orders for shirts so I can then order exactly what I need in order to fill those orders.

..Al

I love the shirts and hope they're for sale after the show. I'm down for an XL.

I hope to have shirts available after the show. If I do sell out at the show (and I imagine the popular sizes will), what I'll probably do after is take pre-orders for shirts so I can then order exactly what I need in order to fill those orders.

..Al

Sounds good. I'd like to order one once I get my finances in a little better shape. Should be August. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

What I plan on doing in September is getting monies in advance for people who want shirts that I'm out of, this way I don't get stuck with shirts. :)

For those who haven't seen it, I have S, M, L and XL shirts available now. If you want one, it's $15 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping in the US, $6 for Canada and $10 elsewhere. You can PayPal the total to sales@atariage.com and I'll get a shirt out to you right away (if you order before next Friday).

..Al