IGNORED

32 in 1 OS from AtariMax

rchennau

2 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I'll be reprogramming mine in the near future. I intend to get rid of most of the redundant XL/XE OS's I never use (I only use Rev. C) and replace them with alternative OS's. I also see no reason for the "800 compatible" that I've never used either, since OS-A and OS-B are already on there. And the earlier 1200XL OS is getting the boot too, and fill the spaces with high-speed and/or new Math OS's and different Omni-OS's and Qmeg's, Ramrod's etc.

I am a big fan of Mr.Atari's MyBIOS.  I would definitely recommend checking it out too.

1 hour ago, SS said:

BTW, any ideas where might I be able to find a BASIC REV. C chip so that I could add it to this project?

Well, Bruce/B&C has original BASIC C chips for XL/XE for $20 each as of August last year. I bought two... but that was really steep.

Since then I've found Retro Innovations' 2364 adapter. As cheap as $1.99 each if you assemble yourself, and they fit in letter mail which is great for cheap international post to Canada. ? At minimum, program a standard 2764 EPROM with the 8K BASIC ROM image. If you only need Atari BASIC, you don't even need to solder the resistors on. With the (10K) resistors, you can use the jumpers for bank selecting multiple options from a larger EPROM. I switch between Atari BASIC, Atari Assembler Editor, Altirra BASIC, 8K games like Star Raiders, etc -- up to 8 with a 27c512.

If you don't have means to program an EPROM, PM me I can program one and drop in the mail for you. (And a custom 32-in-1 ROM if desired while I'm at it)

Edit: With the previous caveat that the above 2364 adapter does not fit next to the 32-in-1. It does fit next to Dropcheck's 4-in-1 OS adapter by offsetting the height with additional sockets. Another recent option is igi/Mr. Robot's DIY 4xOS adapter/switch - which may fit better since more space was made available on the conflicting side of the PCB.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SS said:

I am a big fan of Mr.Atari's MyBIOS.  I would definitely recommend checking it out too.

I already have that one in my MyIDE 2 cartridge! ;) I do like the latest version of MyBIOS, but I disliked earlier versions and preferred bypassing them and using my Warp+ OS along with Super SDX cart and MyIDE 2 with APT partitions.  But I may have more spaces left to use up on the 32-in-1 once I remove the more than half I never use, so I'll throw it in there just so I can see what it's like using it with my SSDX cart instead of MyDOS for a change.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 10:20 PM, tjlazer said:

Here is my ROM, I added the new XE C HS, Math, RB ROM posted the other day!

WarpOS 32-in-1 tjlazer 9.2.rom 512 kB · 21 downloads

my warp rom.JPG

New version where I removed Ramrod XL and added Omnimon XL, and added Omniview XE in place of A8 Diag V1.5.

WarpOS 32-in-1 tjlazer 9.4.zip

Edited by tjlazer
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 1:53 AM, tjlazer said:

New version where I removed Ramrod XL and added Omnimon XL, and added Omniview XE in place of A8 Diag V1.5.

WarpOS 32-in-1 tjlazer 9.4.zip 87 kB · 13 downloads

The version that came with my 32-in-1 had both of the Omni OS's on it already. Did you not have them on your "factory" programmed version?

On 9/4/2019 at 3:38 PM, Gunstar said:

The version that came with my 32-in-1 had both of the Omni OS's on it already. Did you not have them on your "factory" programmed version?

Not sure, but I made this one from scratch and wanted to add these.

• Like 1

The only problem with adding OmnimonXL is that under emulation you can't easily use it, its jump in keys activate the menu for the 32 in 1.

I've found that a use of the feature "keys to hold on reset" will jump in to the monitor every time but its fiddly. I asked Avery about it a while back and I forget his answer exactly but the timing was difficult iirc.

Edited by Mclaneinc
stuck keys
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I created my 1st 32-in-1.  THERE ARE SOME PROBLEMS WITH IT.  1400XL Roms do not work.   1450XLD both work.  Not really sure what you gain by using them, but they do work.  Turbo 2000 does not work.  Not really sure what it is, just found it in my collection and decided to try it.   Yes, I realize I have 800XE listed at spot I and S.  I is Good old Revision 3 of the XL OS, and was used in the later XE machines (but not the XEGS).  S is probably the same, but I did not check the checksums.   

Other notes:   400/800 roms with the N and P are for NTSC and PAL respectively.  Not sure where I got them, but the PEEK command in basic comes back to the correct value for each one, so who knows?

RB of course, is Reverse Basic.  No need to hold down OPTION when booting ML programs.

No idea what MEGA XE is.

MyBIOS ROCKS!!!  Thank you Mr. Atari!!!

Anyone want a copy of this?     ALSO, what would you change in the bad slots listed above?

image.png

• Like 1

I got the 32-in-1 and 512K RAM boards installed in my 800XL last week.  There are surely some OSs in there that I will never actually use but I am really liking this combo as a whole. I'm glad that I finally took the plunge on the 32-in-1 after thinking about it for so long!  I was considering putting my unused UAV board into this machine but now I am thinking that a SOPHIA might really be the thing to completely top this machine off.  :cool:

20190912_230441.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, gwpt said:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to wire up the Warp+ to a 600XL?

I can only find wiring for the 800..

FYI for anyone else, I figured it out:

WHITE = PIA Pin 17

RED = R40, C39 or Q1 Base, where they all join (Bottom left, just left of U17)

BLACK = GTIA Pin 13