IGNORED

Melody Blaster

Got it! :D

Thanks for the tip. I'm also a little tight on funds at the moment, but this was too good to pass up (assuming it works and isn't a Space Hawk cartridge with a Melody Blaster label or something). I do own a Music Synthesizer keyboard, so this will go perfectly with it.

I didnt realize it was that rare either. i bought mine in a lot and never gave it another thought.

+1

I bought this game maybe 5 years ago (new/seal) for maybe 20$.

Never thought it was that rare. I have my sealed in a box... the box is pretty toast, but it's still complete.

Did anyone else have a box that came with a manual addendum that said that the music cassettes were no longer included? If so, did any version of Melody Blaster come with the tapes or were they never shipped? Mine is a smaller box, I don't know if it came in a bigger style box. IIRC mine was sealed when I got it.

Tempest

I'm not sure if it's super rare or not, but i could of swore someone on here was having a real hard time acquiring one and decided to just get the cuttle cart instead and gave up on finding the cart. So i just assumed it was rare.

I think that was me. Melody Blaster is listed as "rare" to "extremely rare" in all the Intellivision rarity guides, none of the Intellivision vendors that I frequent (4Jays, Atari2600.com, etc) carry it, and it almost never shows up on eBay except at exorbitant prices, so yes, I would say that it's rare. Maybe an inexpensive copy turns up here and there, but not anywhere I've lived and not in the time I've been collecting for Intellivision, which is why I jumped on this copy. I actually do have a CC3 now, so I can already play this game on the real hardware, but it would be convenient to have it on a real cartridge since I plan to use my CC3 for other purposes.