IGNORED

Mad Bodies for Sale

Facemeat

I've been considering selling it for a while now. It's been collecting dust for the past year (not literally, you will get a pretty dust-free copy. :P ), so I think it's time it had a new home. I'm going to offer it up for $175 shipped anywhere in the US. Feel free to make offers too, thanks!

• 3 months later...

Nope, wasn't kidding and that offer was $40 more than I'd really *want* to pay for this :)

I thought $50 for a used game that was released at $80 not too long ago was a fair deal.

From a gaming standpoint - oh, we won't go into that. lol It's got a cartridge shell, label, manual and box though. If a "collector" here wishes to pay $140 or more... let him or her be heard!

I'm just wondering when efforts like this that are offered at the prices they are will finally pay off. We've been under the auspices that homebrew developers can continue to make better games as time and our financing progress. We're going on 15 years now and I haven't seen anything remotely close to Battlesphere, Gorf or any of the later Telegames or Songbird releases.

Edited by save2600

I've gotten an offer for $110, which I'm considering. This game doesn't really have a set value though; one of them went for over $400! I understand what you mean though, this game's really only for collectors.

Cool - glad you got a decent offer for it. Not trying to $hit on your sale thread, cheers! :)

I've gotten an offer for $110, which I'm considering. This game doesn't really have a set value though; one of them went for over $400! I understand what you mean though, this game's really only for collectors.

Cool - glad you got a decent offer for it. Not trying to $hit on your sale thread, cheers! :)

No problem, sorry if I came off harsh. :)

It's certainly not for people who actually enjoy playing games, that much is crystal clear. :P

• Like 3

It's certainly not for people who actually enjoy playing games, that much is crystal clear. :P

I thought it was a very fun game personally, but hey, to each his own.

Jag homebrews with limited releases (planned or not) seem to always rise in value over the years. $130 really is not that bad of an asking price all things considered. My main problem with the game is the big plastic VCR style case, just makes the game look out of place and generic next to other games in a collection. If it was a sweet game I could overlook that but it's not (well, that seems to be the general opinion at least) If the gameplay is lacking and the appearance is clunky and out of place then your really just targeting the completionist which is a small market. Once they all have one the price returns to normal. I'm not sure about the future of this one price wise. Really could go either way.

Jag homebrews with limited releases (planned or not) seem to always rise in value over the years. $130 really is not that bad of an asking price all things considered. My main problem with the game is the big plastic VCR style case, just makes the game look out of place and generic next to other games in a collection. If it was a sweet game I could overlook that but it's not (well, that seems to be the general opinion at least) If the gameplay is lacking and the appearance is clunky and out of place then your really just targeting the completionist which is a small market. Once they all have one the price returns to normal. I'm not sure about the future of this one price wise. Really could go either way.

The problem is that practically everyone who's expressed interest in this just can't afford it, and everyone else who wanted it already has it. It's a tougher sell than I expected, based on what it had been going for on eBay.

On that note, here's my final price drop. $120

The problem is that practically everyone who's expressed interest in this just can't afford it, and everyone else who wanted it already has it. It's a tougher sell than I expected, based on what it had been going for on eBay.

On that note, here's my final price drop. $120

Well, as much as I would like to feel bad about your situation if you only paid the $80 or whatever it originally sold for it probably wouldn't be that "tough" of a sale if you put it up at the original price and break even. I do understand it is nice to make a little money once and a while though and I'm not going to say I have never done it myself, I usually let Ebay decide the value.

just like the zelda games and mario game for cd-i. they aren't on a system that was ment to be considered more then educational and i personally wouldn't drop 200-500 on the zelda games. it's like why do people trade protos? it's a click market.

did this game cost 80 originally? anyone know how many of these copies were made for collectors , etc?

Edited by Muis Tasher

just like the zelda games and mario game for cd-i. they aren't on a system that was ment to be considered more then educational and i personally wouldn't drop 200-500 on the zelda games. it's like why do people trade protos? it's a click market.

did this game cost 80 originally? anyone know how many of these copies were made for collectors , etc?

Don't know about the Jaguar being meant for educational software....

Yes, it was $80. I don't know how many were made, but it had to be discontinued because of a problem with using some music without permission. So it's possible that a future release would be different as well.

It says sold out, you'll have to wait for the next run. If a next run comes out that high price tag in this thread won't hold as good.

The original is still likely a collectors item due to the illegal use of unauthorized assets in it if nothing else, even if there ever are any more made.

I own a CD-i and you are so far off on those prices, here is what I paid:

Link: Faces Of Evil - £25

Zelda: Wand Of Gamelon - £22

Hotel Mario - £20

Hardly stupid prices, beside the Jag was far from educational in any shape or form.