IGNORED

About how much for all 7800 rarities EXCEPT Tank Command?

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of what it would cost to get all of the 7800 rarities (besides Tank Command). I'm not talking a complete set with every common because I have some of those and stumble on them too so let's say rarity 4 and above. Here is a list of what that would be and this is without Tank Command because that one is crazy and I know about what I would have to shell out for that one.

What would I be looking at for cart only on these? Also, which would be the next most expensive next to Tank Command?

Alien Brigade

Basketbrawl

Commando

Fatal Run

Ikari Warriors

Impossible Mission

Mat Mania Challenge

Mean 18 Ultimate Golf

Midnight Mutants (Only Rated a 3 but this one is pretty hard to find I think)

Motor Psycho

Ninja Golf

Planet Smashers

Xenophobe

Water Ski

Double Dragon

Rampage

F-18 Hornet

Kung Fu Master

Pete Rose Baseball

Super Skateboardin

Title Match Pro Wrestling

Tomcat

Mean 18 is probably the next hardest to find. If you are a patient the rest of them can be had for little money on ebay. Buy small to medium sized lots and sell or trade what you don't need. It is a really fun system to collect for because a complete collection is a realistic option.

I couldn't really tell you US prices but I do know that after Tank Command the other Froggo game Water Ski is the hardest to get hold of.

I don't think Water Ski is the next hardest to find NTSC is it? Maybe but I don't think it is that way when it comes to price although I know price doesn't dictate rarity. I thought it would be harder to find a Mean 18 as stated above or even Basketbrawl seems more rare than Water Ski.

You guys think over or under $200 for the 22 games. I know that's less than 10 bucks each which probably won't cut it on a number of these.

• Like 1

I couldn't really tell you US prices but I do know that after Tank Command the other Froggo game Water Ski is the hardest to get hold of.

I don't think Water Ski is the next hardest to find NTSC is it? Maybe but I don't think it is that way when it comes to price although I know price doesn't dictate rarity. I thought it would be harder to find a Mean 18 as stated above or even Basketbrawl seems more rare than Water Ski.

You guys think over or under $200 for the 22 games. I know that's less than 10 bucks each which probably won't cut it on a number of these.

Mean 18 is definitely the second hardest to find. It is right up there with Tank Command. Basketbrawl, Fatal Run, Motorpsycho and Planet Smashers are all at least as hard to find as Water Ski.

If you watch ebay regularly and take your time it is probably doable. Especially if you take Mean 18 out of the mix. You will have to buy in lots and sell/trade though. Some of those sell for at least $15-20 when sold alone.

• Like 1

[quote name='horseboy' date='Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:01 PM' timestamp='1277852501'

Mean 18 is definitely the second hardest to find. It is right up there with Tank Command. Basketbrawl, Fatal Run, Motorpsycho and Planet Smashers are all at least as hard to find as Water Ski.

If you watch ebay regularly and take your time it is probably doable. Especially if you take Mean 18 out of the mix. You will have to buy in lots and sell/trade though. Some of those sell for at least $15-20 when sold alone.

Maybe in NTSC not in Pal, I found all those games all CIB or new very easily. Had to hang on a while to find a decent Water Ski (NTSC but works fine on a Pal machine)

Edited by The_Laird

Mean 18 is probably the next hardest to find. If you are a patient the rest of them can be had for little money on ebay. Buy small to medium sized lots and sell or trade what you don't need. It is a really fun system to collect for because a complete collection is a realistic option.

I guess I'm pretty lucky that I found a Mean 18 at a local Disc Replay, I don't remember if I paid $1.99 or $2.99 for it.

Good things comes to those who wait...

$175 total for most of the rarities for the 7800. This auction is missing some of the games by Absolute but it is pretty close to having all of the rarities. I really like that most of them have the instruction manual included and of course, a complete Water Ski doesn't hurt. I actually started this thread because I was curious if I got a good deal or just a fair deal. I'm still not sure but I'm sure excited to get it, the seller shipped today. I didn't want to post the auction info and that I won it until after the seller shipped.

So, was this a good deal? The auction includes all 7800 rarities except:

tank command

kung fu master

pete rose baseball

super skateboardin

titlematch pro wrestling

tomcat f-14

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3004399580351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300439958035&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$175 total for most of the rarities for the 7800. This auction is missing some of the games by Absolute but it is pretty close to having all of the rarities. I really like that most of them have the instruction manual included and of course, a complete Water Ski doesn't hurt. I actually started this thread because I was curious if I got a good deal or just a fair deal. I'm still not sure but I'm sure excited to get it, the seller shipped today. I didn't want to post the auction info and that I won it until after the seller shipped.

So, was this a good deal? The auction includes all 7800 rarities except:

tank command

kung fu master

pete rose baseball

super skateboardin

titlematch pro wrestling

tomcat f-14

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3004399580351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300439958035&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Pretty good deal man.

My snipe was for a tad over $200, even happier with everything since it went cheaper than I was willing to spend.

I don't have many 7800 carts right now but I'm lucky to have two off the list that this auction doesn't have: Kung Fu Master + Titlematch Pro Wrestling. I've already started trying to make the set more "complete" (meaning every game and hopefully instructions, not boxes...no room for them anyway). I noticed that the auction doesn't have the manual for Impossible Mission so I just picked one up BIN on ebay. It would be great to complete a 7800 game set,

4 carts left to get! :)

My snipe was for a tad over $200, even happier with everything since it went cheaper than I was willing to spend.

I don't have many 7800 carts right now but I'm lucky to have two off the list that this auction doesn't have: Kung Fu Master + Titlematch Pro Wrestling. I've already started trying to make the set more "complete" (meaning every game and hopefully instructions, not boxes...no room for them anyway). I noticed that the auction doesn't have the manual for Impossible Mission so I just picked one up BIN on ebay. It would be great to complete a 7800 game set,

4 carts left to get! :)

Don't forget the mislabeled Title Match that says it is for 2600 only.

That's an incredible deal icon_eek.gif

I bought it being the only 7800 game I saw that I knew I didn't own.

I dont even stop to look at the 7800 section in Gamestop anymore..I already have all the titles, so I'm sure I wouldn't find any I needed.....

I miss the days of finding things in the wild icon_frown.gif

I seriously doubt Gamestop or any corporate gaming company would sell Tank Command for $1.99. No way. They have internet access now and are fully aware of some of the ridiculous prices some people are willing to pay for this stuff. Receipt and a pic or it didn't happen. :lol:

I did however purchase a CIB Jaguar Atari Karts from our local Gamestop for $9.99 back in the late 90's though, but that was before the great "rare" Jaguar boon. :)

Edited by save2600

Wait a minute...

First of all Gamestop doesn't carry anything older than PS2, anywhere. and second - Tank Command for $1.99? Somebody's telling war stories. Unless you got it at the Goodwill/Salvation Army store that's just a flat out lie.

It was not purchased at a gamestop. This was a store that had a lot of identically priced Atari 2600 and 7800 carts stacked unceremoniously in the corner.

added in update: replacing photo with copy with my last name removed.

post-14990-127810695918_thumb.jpg

Edited by DragonmasterDan

Wait a minute...

First of all Gamestop doesn't carry anything older than PS2, anywhere. and second - Tank Command for $1.99? Somebody's telling war stories. Unless you got it at the Goodwill/Salvation Army store that's just a flat out lie.

It was not purchased at a gamestop. This was a store that had a lot of identically priced Atari 2600 and 7800 carts stacked unceremoniously in the corner.

Amazing...Thats in great looking shape....!

Good Score!!!

icon_mrgreen.gificon_thumbsup.gif