IGNORED

HSC7 Bonus Round "Time for Desert"

Woot!

2nd place, course 2, pro.

Unfortunately, while spinning the TV around so that I could take a picture I missed my opportunity to enter my nick :(

I think I'm the big question mark (if you knew me you'd find that apropos) with the time speed 69.75.

post-9154-12784492399_thumb.png

post-9154-127844926738_thumb.png

Scores to date

Attack of the Mutant Camels: 168

Baja Buggies Pro Course #1 : 11th

Baja Buggies Pro Course #2 : 2nd, time speed=69.75

Lost Tomb : N/A

Pharoah's Curse : 1405

Tutenkham : N/A

p.s. Just scored 168 for AMC. I must be missing something very basic here.

p.p.s 1405 for Pharaoh's Curse (still too slow with the camera).

Edited by a8isa1

By the way, BountyBob, regarding the version of Tutankham that I've been using, I wouldn't say the colors are BETTER necessarily. In fact, I looked at the arcade original. The one in the image you provided is probably more faithful to the original than the one I have. Yours has much higher contrast on the colors. I thought it was ugly, but it appears to be more authentic. Was tut officially released by Parker Bros. (or anyone else)?

I'm sticking with your image for this contest.

Just to post scores for the games I hadn't tried yet. Tutenkhamon first.

post-9154-127846149398_thumb.png

Wow! My camera really hated that color scheme.

I think the score can be read in the picture.

Scores to date

Attack of the Mutant Camels: 168

Baja Buggies Pro Course #1 : 11th

Baja Buggies Pro Course #2 : 2nd, speed=69.75

Lost Tomb : 1,860

Pharaoh's Curse : 3,780

Tutenkham : 15,140

p.s. More camera troubles this time with Pharaoh's Curse (out of focus so no picture) and Lost Tomb (snapped during vertical retrace?)

post-9154-127846441787_thumb.png

1,860 for Pharaoh's curse and 3,780 for Lost Tomb and this it for Today.

Edited by a8isa1

Woot!

Did the winner get disqualified for a false start? I make that THIRD place ;)

How to shoot a Camel (steady): Fly quickly left and stop/go very slowly left when you approach the first humped beastie, keep fire held down and duck under or over it at the last second. Repeat from the other side by turning slowly and just scrolling slowly towards it, shoot it up the jacksy is always a good tactic :-o . The closer you are the more quick shots you can release. Avoid the spit balls. Keep them from getting to the right side even if you have to smash into them to finish them off, avoid becoming the ball in a game of camel ping pong, it's not a healthy sport :!: If you make it to the warp keep moving and dodging (really) ;)

By the way, BountyBob, regarding the version of Tutankham that I've been using, I wouldn't say the colors are BETTER necessarily. In fact, I looked at the arcade original. The one in the image you provided is probably more faithful to the original than the one I have. Yours has much higher contrast on the colors. I thought it was ugly, but it appears to be more authentic. Was tut officially released by Parker Bros. (or anyone else)?

It looks like Tutenkham 1983 and Tutenkamun 1984, one lets you select levels the other doesn't but gameplay looks the same... the scores are legible on level 3 so just try and time your demise for a screen where you can read the score :D

Table updated

Woot!

Did the winner get disqualified for a false start? I make that THIRD place ;)

Hmm, I didn't notice that. The course screenshot shows position #2.

Perhaps the list is not a race result but rather a high score board.

Thanks for the AMC tips.

- Steve Sheppard

These games are weird; I got 00 on the mutant camels.

Here's the rest (just one go on each):

Did you think you were one of the camels? ;)

I managed 21st on Course 1 of BB and got to level 5 on Tutenkham... 55,600 I had to have another go to get to level 3 to see what the score was! I thought in tut you could make your fire stat left of right and then I tried two joysticks, yes Tutenkham supports two sticks though still not easy to do... if you're on Altira you can map two sticks to one, I suppose this is allowed under subsection 4 part II of the HSC charter :ponder:

p.s. a8isa1's BB 2nd place reinstated ;)

post-19705-127852621709_thumb.jpg

post-19705-127852622493_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Baja 47 Course 1 - are we supposed to play Course 2?

Play both course 1 and 2 on pro :)

Doesnt Tutankham have a 'zap' feature to clear the baddies? How do you activate this?

that might explain the flash I got when testing two joysticks, I think fire on stick 2 does this (left right fires)... wow still finding new things in ye olde games :)

Pharoahs Curse 4740

I got all the treasures - I guess that ends the game and you get a code?

I never, ever, got that far!! You can bank your score for a completed level and play from the next one (enter code on title screen) and I'll combine the scores :ponder:

Great effort Goochman :thumbsup:

Off to update the tables...

4740 + 4725

I finished round 2 but dont know how to 'end' it - I just ran from room to room until I died.........

Maybe you have to get back to the start? The bird sometimes takes you there :?:

I know the code for levels 1-3 don't know how many levels there are but looks like you're on couse to find out :cool:

Would like to update my Mutant Camels score

I'll upload a pic too... because I can't believe it, so I doubt anyone here will with my usual crappy scores :D

(the key is to just get into a zone, plus it's easier to go UNDER the camels and pop up, shoot the legs, go under to the other side, rinse, repeat)

post-6732-127863077055_thumb.jpg

These games are weird; I got 00 on the mutant camels.

Here's the rest (just one go on each):

Did you think you were one of the camels? ;)

I managed 21st on Course 1 of BB and got to level 5 on Tutenkham... 55,600 I had to have another go to get to level 3 to see what the score was! I thought in tut you could make your fire stat left of right and then I tried two joysticks, yes Tutenkham supports two sticks though still not easy to do... if you're on Altira you can map two sticks to one, I suppose this is allowed under subsection 4 part II of the HSC charter :ponder:

p.s. a8isa1's BB 2nd place reinstated ;)

No, I didn't think I was a camel; I have looked in the mirror often enough to know that. I think I treated those "8"s as "0"s since they look alike. So I may have gotten an 8 or 88 or 888; I suggest taking the worst case and treating my score as 8,888,888. Here's another snapshot where I tried to a void "8"s.

How do you read that time on buggy? I just get some number like 57 (in both course 1 and course 2)?

post-16716-127868680538_thumb.jpg

post-16716-127868681586_thumb.jpg