IGNORED

HSC7 Bonus Round "Time for Desert"

Nice scoring skr, you're up to 6th place already :thumbsup: Four points separate four players between 4th and 7th (table on 2nd post)!

I've improved slightly on BB to 19th on course 2, but failed at the others. Can't seem to keep the discipline of not going full speed and need to stop getting mashed between two cars, similar effect to being between two camels. This game though not as good or quite as much fun as Pole Position but at least it's more challenging (on Pro mode) :ponder:

Hey atariksi where r u :P and Cebus and Mr.A c'mon don't make me hunt you all down :D

post-19705-127923140786_thumb.jpg

Will put the vote on for the next game on Sunday RR ;)

Hey atariksi where r u :P and Cebus and Mr.A c'mon don't make me hunt you all down :D

Okay, I quickly ran through all the games. I had to play tutankham a few times because I couldn't get the picture-- the color scheme sucks until you get to some later level when you can read the score.

So my score in tutankham is 28,800 but in order to read that I would have to play again and get to the level where I can read it but I didn't bother so an in-between game screen shot.

Lost tomb -- 2820 (not quick enough to get the photo). Buggy -- got 9th and 25th on the pro course 2.

Got to run-- get the pharaoh stuff in an hour or so.

post-12094-127930204411_thumb.jpg

post-12094-12793020539_thumb.jpg

post-12094-127930210958_thumb.jpg

Okay, I quickly ran through all the games. I had to play tutankham a few times because I couldn't get the picture-- the color scheme sucks until you get to some later level when you can read the score.

So my score in tutankham is 28,800 but in order to read that I would have to play again and get to the level where I can read it but I didn't bother so an in-between game screen shot.

Lost tomb -- 2820 (not quick enough to get the photo). Buggy -- got 9th and 25th on the pro course 2.

Got to run-- get the pharaoh stuff in an hour or so.

This is continuation of playing these games that look/play like they were written in BASIC:

Attack of Mutant Camels: 41 points-- just played it once. What exactly is happening here-- camels playing football (NY Jets?) that got mutated by radioactivity? Controls are terrible-- it reminds me of modern games-- 3D type look and very little control or bad control over things going on.

Pharaoh-- good thing about this game is that it reminds you how to spell Pharaoh (it's not pharoah). It's "a" before the "o" and silent "h". Maybe a french word where half the vowels/consonents of a word are silent like oui or lemieux. This one starts off looking like Montezuma's Revenge but graphics aren't as good and off-sync like Jumpman.

That should sum it up. Perhaps, Tutankham plays better with two joysticks and night-vision goggles (NVGs). I guess if I had to vote which one to play amongst all these-- buggy probably wins as that at least makes some sense although you do break down the car even if you drive on the border (unlike Pole Position).

post-12094-127930672116_thumb.jpg

post-12094-127930673529_thumb.jpg

Attack of Mutant Camels: 41 points-- just played it once. What exactly is happening here-- camels playing football (NY Jets?) that got mutated by radioactivity? Controls are terrible-- it reminds me of modern games-- 3D type look and very little control or bad control over things going on.

I guess if I had to vote which one to play amongst all these-- buggy probably wins as that at least makes some sense although you do break down the car even if you drive on the border (unlike Pole Position).

They're 90 foot high, laser spitting, neutronium shielded death camels is what's going on :!: I'm thinking in Baja Buggies that it's so many hits before you break down but there is a slight delay... though your theory might hold true as I seem to die when I'm using the edges for neat overtaking manoeuvres (theres some french vowels for you) ;)

table updated

• Like 1

I guess if I had to vote which one to play amongst all these-- buggy probably wins as that at least makes some sense although you do break down the car even if you drive on the border (unlike Pole Position).

They're 90 foot high, laser spitting, neutronium shielded death camels is what's going on :!: I'm thinking in Baja Buggies that it's so many hits before you break down but there is a slight delay... though your theory might hold true as I seem to die when I'm using the edges for neat overtaking manoeuvres (theres some french vowels for you) ;)

table updated

Maneuver is the correct spelling. I played buggy just driving on the border and it breaks down without any collisions. I also improved both of my buggy scores for Pro course 1 and 2:

post-16716-127938340939_thumb.jpg

post-16716-127938342102_thumb.jpg

How about we drop the worst scoring game like dropping the lowest score of an exam? That way, we don't have to bother with the worst of the games. Since I would then drop Mutant Camels. Here's my latest Tutankham. One trick with this is that if you scroll left and back right, the monsters go away. Note what a different the image makes if you save as GIF vs. JPG.

post-16716-127938677594_thumb.gif

post-16716-127938678684_thumb.jpg

Nice scoring skr, you're up to 6th place already :thumbsup: Four points separate four players between 4th and 7th (table on 2nd post)!

Thank you. Nice set of games, so I always learn games I didn´t know yet. But most of them are, errr, not so good... ;-)

Anyway, competition goes on, scores are improving:

Baja Buggies, Course 1, Pro: 4th, 67:00

post-21666-127940876924_thumb.jpg

Pharao´s Course: 3140

post-21666-127940877732_thumb.jpg

Dumb question:

If this contest has a maximum of 24 points available and this contest replaces two regular contests which have a combined maximum of 24 points available then how is this contest a "bonus round"?

- Steve Sheppard

We'll last time ran a bonus round with loads of points only a few people played and I ended up with loads of points which wasn't good for the overall competition seeing that I'm winning(!) so this time I thought I'd keep it a bit lower, technically it's less points than normal as we have two sets of points over 31 days :ponder: but BUT BUT I added a 11th place with 4pts so that's a bonus...

OK I'm adding the following bonus challenges, each wins 1 real HSC point:

Baja Buggies Random levle "R" on Pro best position/time

Tutenkham(un) highest level reached starting on level 16 (press select to change starting level)

Lost Tomb highest room number reached; go crazy use the whips to bust through walls and get down them stairs double quick ;)

Attack of the Mutant Camels highest camel bonus (shown on title screen next to the score) it's based on the number of camels killed in one man...

Pharoah's Curse most treastures collected on level 3 (type SYNISTOPS on the title screen)

There can be joint winners of these points.

If 'you' are still sucking at Mutant Camels here's another batch of tiplets: try practicing on Beast Blasting potential 8 (move stick right on menu). To judge your approach speed watch how fast the pyramids are scrolling. Approach at snails pace but first fly quickly to the lead Camel. Make use of the radar and make sure you only attach the rightmost Camel (the scrolling wraps round). Once you taste Camel blood you'll get into it... This looks like the best place to make up points on other people... plenty of time left :!:

Lost Tomb - Whips (fire when not moving) clear a hole around you, including walls. Shoot other baddies from a distance, watch out for re-loading, if low on ammo run away and use up last few shots and wait until reloaded. Go for the throne room on Level 4 as your first goal, you can pick up lots of points here. Just get the chests and get out of each room. Don't let the timer expire between chests so sometimes leave an easy one for when you are running low. Watch your legs on the unhatched baddies and traps, your head can pass through them.

Off to update the table... table updated

p.s. Divya that's the US spelling ;)

Dumb question:

If this contest has a maximum of 24 points available and this contest replaces two regular contests which have a combined maximum of 24 points available then how is this contest a "bonus round"?

- Steve Sheppard

We'll last time ran a bonus round with loads of points only a few people played and I ended up with loads of points which wasn't good for the overall competition seeing that I'm winning(!) so this time I thought I'd keep it a bit lower, technically it's less points than normal as we have two sets of points over 31 days :ponder: but BUT BUT I added a 11th place with 4pts so that's a bonus...

Tutenkham(un) highest level reached starting on level 16 (press select to change starting level)

Lost Tomb highest room number reached; go crazy use the whips to bust through walls and get down them stairs double quick ;)

Attack of the Mutant Camels highest camel bonus (shown on title screen next to the score) it's based on the number of camels killed in one man...

Pharoah's Curse most treastures collected on level 3 (type SYNISTOPS on the title screen)

If 'you' are still sucking at Mutant Camels here's another batch of tiplets: try practicing on Beast Blasting potential 8 (move stick right on menu). To judge your approach speed watch how fast the pyramids are scrolling. Approach at snails pace but first fly quickly to the lead Camel. Make use of the radar and make sure you only attach the rightmost Camel (the scrolling wraps round). Once you taste Camel blood you'll get into it... This looks like the best place to make up points on other people... plenty of time left icon_exclaim.gif

Lost Tomb - Whips (fire when not moving) clear a hole around you, including walls. Shoot other baddies from a distance, watch out for re-loading, if low on ammo run away and use up last few shots and wait until reloaded. Go for the throne room on Level 4 as your first goal, you can pick up lots of points here. Just get the chests and get out of each room. Don't let the timer expire between chests so sometimes leave an easy one for when you are running low. Watch your legs on the unhatched baddies and traps, your head can pass through them.

Off to update the table... table updated

p.s. Divya that's the US spelling ;)

Thanks for the bonus play!

Any pointers for getting past the baddies (I forget the level/screen at around 47K points) in Tutankham?

Two joysticks would help but it's not an option for me.

With one joystick it would seem to take a lot of luck to get past this point.

For Lost Tomb have one question. Buy more whips for 2500 points or don't buy them? I got my best score by not buying them.

I've yet to fight my way out of room 10.

Not really having much success advancing with Paroah's curse. Always seem to get in a mode where I repeatedly get shot using up all my lives.

Here's my advanced tip for Baja Buggy:

Hitting a buggy in front of you eats the most time. Unfortunately, this is sometimes unavoidable. To recover try to position your buggy in front of the last buggy you just passed. Tap the brake. If you do it right the buggy behind you will hit your buggy and slingshot you passed the buggy in front.

You can make more than one attempt at this unless the buggy behind you comes into view. At that point you'll just have to accelerate but you now have wasted several seconds.

- Steve Sheppard

Dumb question:

- Steve Sheppard

That doesn't help even the competition either as those extra points would only go to those that are already on top of the list and I have no intention of playing most of those games again. I can't pass 9th or 10th on both courses of buggy so far and people who played it previously probably can because of their experience.

post-12094-127947708096_thumb.jpg

post-12094-127947713478_thumb.jpg

post-12094-127947714595_thumb.jpg

Dumb question:

- Steve Sheppard

That doesn't help even the competition either as those extra points would only go to those that are already on top of the list and I have no intention of playing most of those games again. I can't pass 9th or 10th on both courses of buggy so far and people who played it previously probably can because of their experience.

I have to agree about bonus rounds. They should be less about competition and more about being rewarded just for participating or perhaps about gaining points for improving one's scores (IMHO).

Beyond random and cursory viewings of Baja Buggy I have never attempted to play this game until this contest. Don't know why it clicked for me.

I've never previously liked any of these games. Pharaoh's Curse is growing on me, though I'm not getting any better at it.

Lost Tomb might prove to be the 'sleeper' of the bunch (but I can't say I like it yet).

I have nothing good to say about Mutant Camels except that I'm done with it :)

- Steve Sheppard

Edited by a8isa1

All ya'll better quitcha bitchin bout Mutant Camels, tis an easy game to play ;-)

:-D

It's good to get some discussion going... if as much effort was put into the playing you might get a few more points :P

Try this for 'em Camels:

post-19705-127949078701_thumb.jpg

Think I've cracked BB by dabbing the brakes as each car passes you to slow down before the next one comes on screen. Course 1: 4th 71:20ish

post-19705-127949085436_thumb.jpg

post-19705-127949086801_thumb.jpg

I didn't mention it but I'm not going to go for the bonus points so that should give some incentive :!: If anyone has ideas for future bonus rounds/scoring methods/points in relation to regular HSC games etc post them too...

Seriously the Lost Tomb is a really good game once you get into it and AOTMC is good blasting action too once you get into it it's not too hard... I notice RR has updated the games list so I'm off to read that then update the table then ZZZ

Will put the next vote on tomorrow morning.

I never really rated BB, was too easy on Amateur but was at least a different type of game to give the tourney some variety... but it's a game that is fun to play when you've got some real people (you are all real aren't you... this isn't some sick joke or like The Trueman Show :? ) to compete against, plus it's a nice one for all abilities to have a go at... couldn't get my initials in so I'm now to be known as "K" and how come we only get initials and the existing champs are allowed names :ponder:

Lost Tomb I'd buy the whips and make use of them, you should only die when you have ran out of whips, use them freely to bust the walls and get the chests and kill the pesky birds.

For Tut the only other tip is to use the baddies respawn near you to your advantage - quickly scroll the screen across to leave the baddies on the left/right away from you... even go back and generate them and NOT kill them to clear an area. Also when they flash to come on you the white image of them grows bigger before they appear, so you can make it past while they are small, ok that's *two* tips! Will checkout the bit mentioned tomorrow :)

p.s. Good news atariksi you've gained another place in the table...

p.p.s. Divya don't look at the table ;)

All ya'll better quitcha bitchin bout Mutant Camels, tis an easy game to play ;-)

:-D

It's good to get some discussion going... if as much effort was put into the playing you might get a few more points :P

Try this for 'em Camels:

post-19705-127949078701_thumb.jpg

Think I've cracked BB by dabbing the brakes as each car passes you to slow down before the next one comes on screen. Course 1: 4th 71:20ish

post-19705-127949085436_thumb.jpg

post-19705-127949086801_thumb.jpg

I didn't mention it but I'm not going to go for the bonus points so that should give some incentive icon_exclaim.gif If anyone has ideas for future bonus rounds/scoring methods/points in relation to regular HSC games etc post them too...

Seriously the Lost Tomb is a really good game once you get into it and AOTMC is good blasting action too once you get into it it's not too hard... I notice RR has updated the games list so I'm off to read that then update the table then ZZZ

Will put the next vote on tomorrow morning.

I never really rated BB, was too easy on Amateur but was at least a different type of game to give the tourney some variety... but it's a game that is fun to play when you've got some real people (you are all real aren't you... this isn't some sick joke or like The Trueman Show :? ) to compete against, plus it's a nice one for all abilities to have a go at... couldn't get my initials in so I'm now to be known as "K" and how come we only get initials and the existing champs are allowed names :ponder:

Lost Tomb I'd buy the whips and make use of them, you should only die when you have ran out of whips, use them freely to bust the walls and get the chests and kill the pesky birds.

For Tut the only other tip is to use the baddies respawn near you to your advantage - quickly scroll the screen across to leave the baddies on the left/right away from you... even go back and generate them and NOT kill them to clear an area. Also when they flash to come on you the white image of them grows bigger before they appear, so you can make it past while they are small, ok that's *two* tips! Will checkout the bit mentioned tomorrow :)

p.s. Good news atariksi you've gained another place in the table...

p.p.s. Divya don't look at the table ;)

Well, Camels is my most consistent game. In 6 games out of every 10 I score between 476 and 479 points.

Small Nice improvement in Lost Tomb (and I finally got out of room #10)!

post-9154-127955114806_thumb.png

Scores to date

Attack of the Mutant Camels: 1145

Baja Buggies Pro Course #1 : 4th, speed=71.00

Baja Buggies Pro Course #2 : 2nd, speed=69.75

Lost Tomb : 27,480

Pharaoh's Curse : 3,780

Tutankham: 52,840

p.s. Is there a way to get a screen shot without starting a new game?

Edited by a8isa1

Well, I just got all the treasures on Pharaoh's Curse, level 3. I didn't get a pic (it went into demo mode before I was able). I did not complete the game, as I ended up in a shootout that I was not able to control, and lost all of my remaining lives one screen away from the initial (end game) screen. Bummer.

I remember playing this game over and over again as a kid, just to try to learn the special codes: "syn" ... "is" ... "tops" ...