IGNORED

HSC7 Bonus Round "Time for Desert"

I guess I'm getting good at this baja buggy game because I have only been spending time on this one; here's pictures for pro course 1 and pro course 2 and a scoreboard screenshot. I can't type whatever letters I want-- it seems keyboard entry is screwed on my 800XL.

wow!

Congrats!

- Steve

p.s. Keyboard never worked right for me either.

I'm stuck at 9th in Pro Course 1. How do you get to that star at the top (see 2nd picture) and can you scroll left?

Your playing the Crownland preview right? I can't get the regular Crownland game to play correct.

Right after the game starts theguy will drop to the bottom of the screen and die.

This is what it looks like.

Oh the humanity. :-o

It loads properly on 64K machines, but only runs okay on 128K machines-- try 130XE PAL. For some reason, on NTSC 130XE, it starts flickering as you progress in the game. I think this game was never debugged fully.

I didn't save picture for pro course 1 so I played again a few times and just got 6th in Pro course 1.

Strange but my 800XL never displays the average speed (unless it happens so quickly that I've never caught it).

I'm using therealbountybob's ATR.

also, I seem to be going backwards on all games so I'm taking a break.

I think it depends on how close you are to the other cars for it to display the average speed. It seems that the first 9 cars take this big lead on you as you knock yourself around with other cars and you run on an empty road for a while before you catch up to those 9 cars to get your ranking 1..9. So it's easy to get 9th or 10th but higher than that is harder.

This is a tasty dessert. These are excellent games.

A few more scores:

Baja Buggies, course 2, score 35

Tutankham 25, 900

PS- It's been a long time since I've seen this one. I really liked it, and still do. And has anyone tried the Xbox 360 version? Just curious. Also,

I wondered about the smart bomb, and now I just read the earlier note by trbb about using 2 joysticks. I'll be using that smart bomb on the long vertical tunnels now. Thanks.

Edited by littleman jack

Attack of the Mutant Camels is giving me vertigo. It may be a no go for me.

How many treasures are there in each level of Pharaoh's Curse? 16?

You're not supposed to play Attack of the Mutant Camels; it's just an attack on your total scoring.

Let the experts help you out-- just shoot in all directions until scoreboard is nonzero.

post-16716-128024932513_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A few more scores:

Tutankham 25, 900

PS- It's been a long time since I've seen this one. I really liked it, and still do. And has anyone tried the Xbox 360 version? Just curious. Also,

I wondered about the smart bomb, and now I just read the earlier note by trbb about using 2 joysticks. I'll be using that smart bomb on the long vertical tunnels now. Thanks.

I haven't quite figured out the smart bomb yet-- how many do you get? When do you get them? Nonetheless I still got a pretty good score. Also, I see some bug where the source of the monsters is within the wall sometimes but those monsters still get you if you go near them (see second picture).

post-16716-128024943335_thumb.gif

post-16716-128024980403_thumb.jpg

A few more scores:

Tutankham 25, 900

I haven't quite figured out the smart bomb yet-- how many do you get? When do you get them? Nonetheless I still got a pretty good score. Also, I see some bug where the source of the monsters is within the wall sometimes but those monsters still get you if you go near them (see second picture).

smart bomb?

A few more scores:

Tutankham 25, 900

smart bomb?

That's what he called it so I'm assuming he read the instructions.

OK, I checked atarimania and no instructions for Tutankham so I wrote some comments! I found them here for the 2600 ver... the corret answer was Laser Flash ;)

Looks like the 2600 ver is slighly different but you could try this below and see if it works:

>>>

If youre in a tight spot and cant seem to fire your way out, you can activate the laser flash. Just hold down the ACTION button while you move the joystick up. The laser flash will cause all the creatures on the screen to disappear … just long enough for you to escape. Youll start with three flashes, so use them wisely!

<<<

I think you do get an extra one at 50K but maybe it was when I died, if so best to use them rather than save them... knowing this could seriously improve me score :evil:

[edit:]

>>>

You get an extra “life” and an extra laser flash each time you complete chamber four and chamber seven.

<<<

Pharaoh's Curse - yes 16 treasures, shown as dots at the top of the screen.

Table updated

• Like 1

OK, I checked atarimania and no instructions for Tutankham so I wrote some comments! I found them here for the 2600 ver... the corret answer was Laser Flash ;)

Looks like the 2600 ver is slighly different but you could try this below and see if it works:

>>>

If you’re in a tight spot and can’t seem to fire your way out, you can activate the laser flash. Just hold down the ACTION button while you move the joystick up. The laser flash will cause all the creatures on the screen to disappear … just long enough for you to escape. You’ll start with three flashes, so use them wisely!

<<<

I think you do get an extra one at 50K but maybe it was when I died, if so best to use them rather than save them... knowing this could seriously improve me score :evil:

[edit:]

>>>

You get an extra “life” and an extra laser flash each time you complete chamber four and chamber seven.

<<<

Pharaoh's Curse - yes 16 treasures, shown as dots at the top of the screen.

Table updated

Thanks for the info.

The Adobe, err, Laser Flash will surely improve my score in Tutankham. I've been sacrificing a turn each time I hit a really long vertical path. Now I can use at least one flash.

Edited by littleman jack

You use the Tut flash with the Player 2 fire button - however I only got 1 flash per life - maybe thats why it says you get 3 flashes then eh?

You get one bomb per life and you start off with one, but if you die and you don't use the bomb-- you don't buid up bombs-- you still have one to use. Here's my latest score:

post-12094-128034559941_thumb.jpg

I guess I'm getting good at this baja buggy game because I have only been spending time on this one; here's pictures for pro course 1 and pro course 2 and a scoreboard screenshot. I can't type whatever letters I want-- it seems keyboard entry is screwed on my 800XL.

wow!

Congrats!

- Steve

Keyboard works fine on Atari 800; it doesn't work on 800XL. Haven't tried on 130XE yet. I got 2nd for both courses and 5th on course R.

post-12094-128034589152_thumb.jpg

post-12094-128034589985_thumb.jpg

post-12094-128034593509_thumb.jpg

post-12094-128034594691_thumb.jpg

wow!

Congrats!

- Steve

Keyboard works fine on Atari 800; it doesn't work on 800XL. Haven't tried on 130XE yet. I got 2nd for both courses and 5th on course R.

I yield to better BB players :thumbsup:

my two good games were flukes. Haven't even come close since.

- Steve