IGNORED

Are these worth buying?

kevincal

ive never owned an arcade machine before and these 2 popped up in my city

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vgm/1819615056.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vgm/1819605878.html

my question is are these worth investing in? Could I fix them up and sell them for profit or are these heavy beasts not worth the hassle?

ive never owned an arcade machine before and these 2 popped up in my city

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vgm/1819615056.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vgm/1819605878.html

my question is are these worth investing in? Could I fix them up and sell them for profit or are these heavy beasts not worth the hassle?

Those would be a great deal if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. Not sure how much of a profit you could make off of them but if it's all cheap fixes then you could probably sell them for a profit. I'm not a fan of Street Fighter so I would personally pass on that one.

the 2 things keeping me at bay are, these things weigh 300 pounds each and are awkward to move. I only have a small toyota pickup truck and not sure if theyll fit, and i dont have much room in my house for these things. Also even though $50 is a great deal for each, the SFII has a lousy screen with no sound and the Moonwalker doesnt work at all. Do any of you know what the guy is talking about some fuse problem on the moonwalker?! i have zero experience working on coinops... How much do people charge to work on these things?! i do remember seeing someones ad on craigslist in my area about working on coinops, i do live in a high population area. also a working moonwalker sold on ebay for $100, i was hoping it would be going for more than that. Most people trying to sell working coinops usually want on average, from what i see more like $300-900+

but damn it would be cool to have coinops in my house! :D hard to beat the $50 price too...

If you're only looking to sell them for profit, don't bother.

A missing (or blown) fuse might be a sign of a larger problem so no way to know what you're getting with that Moonwalker cab.

The Street Fighter cab is actually a great cabinet to get into arcade PCB collecting/playing. They're very common and usually cheap. It has a 25" screen and 2 player 6 button control panel so it's very versatile. PCBs are on a pullout shelf and it's easy to swap any JAMMA standard game into that cab. I've got the same cab in my garage. :) Replacing the capacitors would improve the monitor fading... it might have screen burn-in though. You'd have to hold a flashlight to the screen while it's off to check for SF2 burn. The dead audio is probably the PCB and not the speaker, but speakers are cheap and very easy to replace if that's really the problem.

If you've got the space and want to learn about/play arcade games it could be a great starter cab.

Amen.

Moonwalker... even though it's a Michael Jackson game, good luck finding anyone willing to put that one into their home.

Street Fighter OTOH would make a great multicade cabinet.

...by the time you clean up an arcade cabinet these days, purchase and install a new monitor if needed, you're hard pressed to get your total investment back, let alone actually make any money. Cabs to make multicades out of though, now you stand a chance of making a buck. Still, pretty slim - unless you know what you're doing, have a reputation of servicing the stuff you sell and all that. Priced has dropped on these multigame cabs as of late too.

Amen.

Moonwalker... even though it's a Michael Jackson game, good luck finding anyone willing to put that one into their home.

Street Fighter OTOH would make a great multicade cabinet.

...by the time you clean up an arcade cabinet these days, purchase and install a new monitor if needed, you're hard pressed to get your total investment back, let alone actually make any money. Cabs to make multicades out of though, now you stand a chance of making a buck. Still, pretty slim - unless you know what you're doing, have a reputation of servicing the stuff you sell and all that. Priced has dropped on these multigame cabs as of late too.

Yeah, you can get a 60 in one jamma pcb for around $100 or less and pop it in some piece of shit like this for an additional $100

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/vgm/1813586151.html

Presto-chango! You have a multicade for under $200!