IGNORED

Straightened cord for Intellivision 1 controller

Yurkie

Hello everyone. I am totally new to the Intellivision boards.

I developed a process awhile back for straightening ColecoVision cords. Here is a link.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/162225-free-straight-cords-on-refurbished-colecovision-controllers/page__fromsearch__1

I got a message from one of my ColecoVision customers asking if I could straighten the cords on his Intellivision controllers. If anyone is interested in getting the cords straightened on the Intellivision 1 I will remove dissemeble and straighten the cords and put it back together for $35 plus return shipping.

Here is a pic.

post-23318-127800732445_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

...or they could just buy some cable with 9 wires inside (or two cables with less, eg old Playstation controller wires), strip the cable on the controller at both ends and extend the wiring (or open up the controller and console and do it neater). 20% of the cost, or for free.

...or they could just buy some cable with 9 wires inside (or two cables with less, eg old Playstation controller wires), strip the cable on the controller at both ends and extend the wiring (or open up the controller and console and do it neater). 20% of the cost, or for free.

As someone who has the electronics skills of a 3 yr old, I gotta say, I'm one of the people that had CV mods done by Yurkie, including the cord straightening, and am happy to pay for good work when I desperately lack the skill set. icon_thumbsup.gif

You would have to remove the plug the connects inside the controller and splice it to the replacement cord and then either slice the plug that connect inside the console or solder the wires to the board, but your right that it could be done almost for free using a genesis, atari or coleocvision super action controller cord. Just an offer I am putting out their for people since I got a request from a customer.

Yurkie love your stuff buddy! I would like to purchase the INT 2 controllers shown in the picture, let me know.

The controllers in the picture where done for a customer. I dissembled and cleaned up some contact points, straightened the cords and put them back together. This customer loaned me a test cartridge and I returned it with the controllers. I started another thread looking to get the controller test cartridge. I will straighten cords for $10 each, but don't have the test cartridge to test them with. The intv 1 controllers are easy to unplug internally and easy to dissemble. The Intv 2 are very difficult to dissemble without breaking them.

Yurkie love your stuff buddy! I would like to purchase the INT 2 controllers shown in the picture, let me know.

The controllers in the picture where done for a customer. I dissembled and cleaned up some contact points, straightened the cords and put them back together. This customer loaned me a test cartridge and I returned it with the controllers. I started another thread looking to get the controller test cartridge. I will straighten cords for $10 each, but don't have the test cartridge to test them with. The intv 1 controllers are easy to unplug internally and easy to dissemble. The Intv 2 are very difficult to dissemble without breaking them.

Let me know if I can send you INT 2 controllers.

:lol:

I tried that, but the wires broke.

I used to hang coiled phone cords from the shower rod with a little weight tied on the end and then use a hair blower to heat the casing and they straightened right up, then let them cool and viola. I dunno if it would work in this application or not... plus it is a hassle. That's why it is awesome that someone like Yurkie can do this for us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...