IGNORED

Legions of the Undead

stalepie

It got as far as having the basic engine running, which was an enhancement of the one used in Alien Vs. Predator. All the in game models had been done, which were made out of clay and then were digitised into the game. Jay Smith of Jaguar Sector 2 actually has all the original models that were going to be used in the game!

• Like 1

Does Jay have any pictures of the models?

Thanks! Chris

It got as far as having the basic engine running, which was an enhancement of the one used in Alien Vs. Predator. All the in game models had been done, which were made out of clay and then were digitised into the game. Jay Smith of Jaguar Sector 2 actually has all the original models that were going to be used in the game!

• 4 years later...

Really hope someone can take me up on my offer of me loaning mags out so scans of Jaguar articles can go up on here for the community to enjoy.

I've a great 4-page feature on Rebellion which has very early details (and 2 shots) of Dungeon AKA..Legions Of The Undead (a model Skeleton and a preliminary art sketch).Report said game would have been in in mould of Ultima Underworld.

Also, a few snippets from the RVG interview with Rebellion:

Rogue Trooper

Talking of Legions...just what were the plans for the game? adventure type, but in Doom style engine?.

Jason Kingsley

Dungeon exploring action game was on the cards with stop-motion generated enemies from models. I’ve still got a few of the models about the office somewhere.

Probably some code somewhere in an archive here. There was the basic engine and some bad guys running around from what I can remember. I’ll ask IT. It will annoy them a lot!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Forgive the thread bump, but found a few more of the models Rebellion would of used in Dungeon..AKA Legions Of The Undead, in the STF article on AVP:

http://www.stformat.com/stf58/index.html

Pages 58-61 (with rebellion being interviewed on P61).

I'd not seen them before and i know a few folks out there are hungry for more on Legions Of The Undead, so thought i'd share.

• Like 3

Forgive the thread bump, but found a few more of the models Rebellion would of used in Dungeon..AKA Legions Of The Undead, in the STF article on AVP:

http://www.stformat.com/stf58/index.html

Pages 58-61 (with rebellion being interviewed on P61).

I'd not seen them before and i know a few folks out there are hungry for more on Legions Of The Undead, so thought i'd share.

Those models look amazing. It was one of the Jaguar games i was looking forward the most.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

It's a nonexistent, underpowered 3d render with no planned software whatsoever.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about either ;)

And please; it's "Atari" not Atari.

Edit* I didn't bump this. I was replying to a noob. His posts must have got nuked.

Edited by Gummy Bear

It's a nonexistent, underpowered 3d render with no planned software whatsoever.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about either ;)

I disagree with "nonexistent". They had a fully working game (AVP) on top of the finished and stable (if, not smooth) 3D engine. That does not, in any way, qualify as non-existent.

The fuss is, because of the overabundance of 3D fantasy RPGs on jaguar.

AVP on jag disgusts me, but a 3D RPG in same engine, I'd take that right away...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AVP on jag disgusts me, but a 3D RPG in same engine, I'd take that right away...

May i ask why ?

I've always found it pretty good - sure the framerate can be choppy but it for it's time it was ok. I think it's a game that handles the limitations of the jag pretty well and is playable and down right scary at times -> whats not to like :)

Sure given the 20 years since release a lot of coders have maybe figured out better was of doing things but you have to take it as 'of it's time'.

• Like 1

No. Some noob popped up and bumped this thread, enthusing that he would like Legions of the Undead on the new "Atari" VCS.

That's what my above reply was about, not the game.

Then Vlad decided to stick the boot into one of the best games on the Jag...

Meh.. Clicks and whistles..