IGNORED

Cartridge storage\protector

Havok69

I just picked up some 8 bit cartridges and am wondering if there is anything out there to store them in. There's a ton of stuff available for the 2600, but since the A8 carts are smaller, they really don't work. Anyone have any ideas?

I was looking for the XE/XL size cart case for years, and here in the last month I've found two (one on ebay, and one from ebay via another AA user)... Unfortunately I am not home so I don't have the outside of the case, but here is the interior, holds 6 carts and has a space for the manuals... The exterior is XE grey and has a red atari logo on the bottom right.

post-6732-127843842823_thumb.jpg

Edited by orpheuswaking

Love the wood storage, but I don't have that many to warrant making it. Funny - I have that same power switcher that he has on top of the case. I'm still using mine to this day - painted to all black however back in the 90's to match my black computer.

orpheuswaking - that's pretty much what I was thinking of - I have a couple of similar binders for my cassettes, that would go great with them. I'd love to see the exterior of the case, and a model number for it, if you don't mind. What search parameters did you use to find it on ebay?

Love the wood storage, but I don't have that many to warrant making it. Funny - I have that same power switcher that he has on top of the case. I'm still using mine to this day - painted to all black however back in the 90's to match my black computer.

orpheuswaking - that's pretty much what I was thinking of - I have a couple of similar binders for my cassettes, that would go great with them. I'd love to see the exterior of the case, and a model number for it, if you don't mind. What search parameters did you use to find it on ebay?

I'll grab a shot of the front tonight, it's an official atari product... Not sure it has a catalog number on it though... I just finished up inventory and took photos of almost everything I have.

As for search, I didn't they came in lots with other stuff, jsut ahve to get lucky, these are my first two in fifteen years.

I used to have a few of those binders orpheuswaking mentioned. I like them a lot, but they only hold six carts + manuals. They're great for 8-bit carts since they don't rely on end labels for distinction. They're also hard to find. I quickly realized that I would never have enough of them for all of my carts, so I unloaded mine. They really are the only official Atari product for cart storage that I know of.

Edited by Fres

I was looking for the XE/XL size cart case for years, and here in the last month I've found two (one on ebay, and one from ebay via another AA user)... Unfortunately I am not home so I don't have the outside of the case, but here is the interior, holds 6 carts and has a space for the manuals... The exterior is XE grey and has a red atari logo on the bottom right.

wow that looks familiar :')

and it came from CL not feepay... err ebay... i tired to find my pic of it, but comacast is acting flakey...

sloopy.

If you're handy with wood, you could build this neat cart storage:

carts4.jpg

Source: http://www.retrobits.net/atari/setup.shtml

Regards

the workwork looks very nice, but the contents are an A8 geeks paradise...

only thing missing is my house around them ;')

sloopy.

the "woodwork" storage is mine. I didn't make it (I'm a horrible carpenter), instead I bought it at IKEA. Over the years I've bought a few more, and I have 4 now (2 for Atari, 1 for Jaguar, 1 for tools). Not sure if they sell those on the website. I have no idea what they are called -- IKEA's stuff is all named with swedish names that I can never remember.

Wow - I just hopped on Ikea's website and they have waaaay too many products! It would take hours to find that if it is even available online! Shame I'm 2 hours from the closest Ikea store. I'll just have to start looking for those nifty binders...

It's possible IKEA no longer carries those. They always seem to discontinue the stuff I need LOL...

here are a couple close options, although I would want to know the actual drawer dimensions first

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40146760

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30104322

Nice - those are perfect. Tell you what, I'll buy the one with the crack in the corner from you. It's obviously only going to get worse, and it's really not something you want anyways...

:D

I wonder if they made an XL brown version?

Nice - those are perfect. Tell you what, I'll buy the one with the crack in the corner from you. It's obviously only going to get worse, and it's really not something you want anyways...

icon_mrgreen.gif

Nope not for sale I'm afraid :P

as far as I know I don't think there is a brown counterpart, although I'm sure someone else will chime in that they know about one :)

Archivers sells a plastic photo storage box with built in dividers that works really well for XL/XE cartridges.

The box includes a carry handle and is easy to stack horizontally or vertically.

It also includes a space underneath for larger prints, that works well for manuals including the larger ones shipped with the original 400/800 cartridges.

Each box will store about 70 XL/XE type cartridges.

Amazon has the same unit listed here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S14TMG?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000S14TMG

icon_mrgreen.gif

Nope not for sale I'm afraid :P

as far as I know I don't think there is a brown counterpart, although I'm sure someone else will chime in that they know about one :)

I have 4 of those from the various lots I got. Haven't seen any other color though.

http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=407&ProductCategory=187&section=1

this is what I use, you can actually get two rows one on top of each other if you like, not very practical that way, but these are cheap (especially when Michaels is having a 50% off sale)... Those scrapbooking ones look great though.